Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My encounter with an Alabama fan story this week
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

My encounter with an Alabama fan story this week

Feb 28, 2017, 8:01 PM

He is a CEO level at his job and is actually an Arkansas graduate. But he is also big time Bama fan. He went to the national championship game and even though his team lost, he thought it was a good game and was very impressed with and complimentary our fans. So kudos to you all who went to the game, showed spirit and acted with class.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My encounter with an Alabama fan story this week

Feb 28, 2017, 8:10 PM

If he went to Arkansas why is he a Bama fan? I can never understand that kindof stuff.

Did his grandfathers aunt go there or something like a lot of Bama fans?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2017, 8:17 PM

Not sure. I'll have to ask when I see him again. I think he may have family links.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2017, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Re: My encounter with an Alabama fan story this week ]

It's like Finebaum. He went to Tennessee, but you'd think he was a "rammer, jammer from Alabammer". Still, after the game, he stood down some of the AL fans who called in to his show. We whipped that ####, and they just need to accept it and move on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2017, 8:19 PM

Thanks, and by the way, both year's games were attended by very classy fans from both teams. I saw not a single fan fro either team act in an unbecoming manor. I'm sure there were some from both schools, but I never saw it. Both games were wars. Both team's players and coaches and staff gave everything they had, both years, and both team's fans made their schools proud, both years, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2017, 9:01 PM

I agree.. I was fortunate enough to be able to attend both games. Thumbs up to the Alabama fans both years, very classy.

Mar 1, 2017, 3:25 PM

Is be nice too if we had that many championships lol

Mar 1, 2017, 10:42 PM

You know, in a way, that is what makes them special. They have been there and done it many times, and they do know how to act, and they acted just like I always hoped we would act if we were in it and won, or if we lost. Both years they showed class. I never shall forget that. They are a classy program. Not aloof, mind you, but very, very classy. They were impressive, IMO!

Agree 100%***

Mar 1, 2017, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Re: My encounter with an Alabama fan story this week ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree 100%***

Mar 2, 2017, 11:19 AM

Thanks Your wisdom is showing

Mar 1, 2017, 2:00 PM

I was surprised at the amount of respect bama fans had when I went to Tampa. It made the whole experience better seeing everybody come together before the game and just act like decent human beings. I was very impressed with the character of their fanbase overall.

Mar 2, 2017, 11:21 AM

Same here. I saw the same thing last year in Phoenix, too. I wasn't expecting to see the class I saw, and I don't even know why I was surprised. I guess it's just the low opinion of SEC folks I have from all the coots and ugay fans I have encountered.

so he's a front runner, next year he loves Clemson?***

Mar 1, 2017, 2:08 PM

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic