Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thank you to Prime Lending!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Thank you to Prime Lending!

Sep 18, 2012, 9:27 AM

I just wanted to say, "thank you" to Joe Ridings at Prime Lending. As I'm sure y'all have seen, Prime Lending is the sponsor for Mickey Plyer's blog.

Joe Ridings was able to get us refinanced under a hardship loan on a house we haven't been able to sell for years now. We are so very grateful for this because we have tried other mortgage lenders, and they weren't even remotely willing to help us despite our circumstances.

So, FINALLY, the rent we charge for that house covers our mortgage payment. This will help us out tremendously because we can now save an additional $230 (the difference in our mortgage payments after the refinance) a month towards our adoption, AND we were able to take advantage of Prime Lending's donation policy(They will donate 0.02% of the total amount borrowed in your name to the charity of your choice including IPTAY).

Mr. Ridings is awesome, and I will definitely utilize his services again when we move back to SC! If you don't think you qualify for a refinance and are paying anything higher than 4.5% (+/-), please, give Joe a shout!

www.joeridings.com
(864) 631-2811

Message was edited by: TigerEric35®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just closed a sale for a client who used Prime lending. It

Sep 18, 2012, 9:44 AM

was a nightmare. The first appraisal came in at 362,000 on a 349,900 sale. Everything was approved and ready to roll. On Tuesday, when we were scheduled to close on Friday, the underwriter(In-house) decided the appraisal was not legitimate, so they ordered a new one. This appraiser, basically did a drive by. He never went in the house. He did not use a house that closed two doors down from the subjuect property, but instead used a house five miles away. He even stated to my seller, who saw him, that it was not necessary to go inside the house to do an appraisal. But even worse, he used a house I recently sold by the same custom builder as a comparable sale. That house was 2481 sq.ft. 2.5 baths and vinyl. It sold for 319,900. The subject house by the same builder was 2818sq.ft., all brick,3 full baths and the second appraiser valued it at 309,000. TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS less than the vinyl house that was 300sq.ft. smaller. Prime lending then ordered a 3rd appraisal that came in, thankfully at $350,000 ( which my seller was charged an additional $400 dollars for) and after begging the underwriter, it was accepted as legit. The only deal I have had in the past 5 years that was this bad is a current one I have going on in Seneca with Wells Fargo as the lender. If anyone tries to buy your home and they are using Wells Fargo, BACK UP AND PUNT!

Okay now, back to work.

My client didn't use Prime Lending, his buyer did......***

Sep 18, 2012, 9:45 AM

Re: My client didn't use Prime Lending, his buyer did......***

Sep 18, 2012, 9:53 AM

Sounds like you issues are more with the appraisers than the lender.

No, it was both. The lender's underwriter rejected a cert-

Sep 18, 2012, 10:33 AM

ified appraisal and then accepted a butcher job of an appraisal. I mean think about, who in their right mind would say a 2481 sq.ft.vinyl house is worth more than a 2800sq.ft. all brick house by the same builder,with the same features, in almost identical subdivisions?

sounds like they use an appraisal management company that

Sep 18, 2012, 10:06 AM [ in reply to I just closed a sale for a client who used Prime lending. It ]

hires appraisers outside of their area, which seems to be common these days. I am an appraiser in Seneca and will not travel 2 hours away for a discounted rate. Can't understand why some do. I've seen appraisals in my area from appraisers out of Orangeburg. Pretty sure they don't know the market like I do.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everyone should know that appraisers are supposed to be

Sep 18, 2012, 10:28 AM

"geographically competent" in doing an appraisal. In the report, they must certify that they have the experience and expertise to complete the appraisal. If it is in a market they do not regularly work in, they are supposed to identify what steps they took in order to learn the market.

He was local. He made "ZERO" adjustments. Basically,it was a

Sep 18, 2012, 10:35 AM

BPO and nothing more. Anyone who is interested, send me a Tmail and I will send you the data.

So, uh, Joe pays for Mackey?***

Sep 18, 2012, 10:32 AM

Nice post...of humans helping humans..especially Clemson

Sep 18, 2012, 11:31 AM

people. GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic