Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My biggest hope for the regular season is...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 874

My biggest hope for the regular season is...

Aug 18, 2018, 12:47 PM

that we beat NC State by at least 30 points. I was living in Raleigh during the 80s when NCSU beat us four years in a row and it sucked big time. I'm tired of having close games against them. Let's beat them so harshly that Doeren asks to end the game early to stop the bleeding.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My biggest hope for the regular season is...

Aug 18, 2018, 12:51 PM

We have beat them 13 out the last 14 and I can’t remember but maybe 2 that were blow outs.
We have dominated this series but it’s still going to always be a hard fought game.

Aug 18, 2018, 12:58 PM

I hear ya. But it shouldn't be close. Each year our recruiting ranking is in the top 10 and even in the top 5. Their recruiting ranking is usually down in the 30s year after year. I hate that they seem to take us to the wire when we should be beating up on them.

Aug 18, 2018, 1:01 PM

Yeah I agree and would love to embarrass ole Dave.
Trust me I hope we hang 50 on them.
Then again usually I’m just happy we escaped.

Aug 18, 2018, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Re: My biggest hope for the regular season is... ]

Just because we recruit better doesn't mean they can't develop good players too. We are far more likely to lose players to the NFL too which inflates our rankings by cycling more players.

Their defense took a major hit this year so I think we'll be ok.

Aug 18, 2018, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Re: My biggest hope for the regular season is... ]

The 2015 game when we beat them 56 - 41 in Raleigh, in my mind, was the longest game we ever played. Every time it looked like we were going to put them away, they would come back. I'm glad we won, but man I was miserable through that entire game. Since they lost most of their D-line, I think we should give them a good ole #### whooping this year.

Right there with you

Aug 18, 2018, 1:45 PM

I'm tired of the close games that make their program feel like they're almost at our level. It's time to put the hammer down and have them beaten by halftime. We're playing them for homecoming, which helps. But I would enjoy seeing them get a 30+ point beatdown.

Aug 18, 2018, 3:50 PM

Well Chubb is gone, and no way can they replace that guy. Our O should be able to score early and often, and it might be criminal to talk about how badly our D is going to crush them.

I used to have a boss in Charlotte that was a NCSU fan when they beat us. I never liked that guy. I laugh every time we beat their sorry butts knowing it upsets him.

Replies: 7
| visibility 874
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic