Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My Take on Things GSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,312

My Take on Things GSU

Aug 7, 2018, 10:34 AM

1) Gotta give the GSU guys props from coming into this dysfunctional den of sports and life arcana...his grammar is at least better than the coots

2) If Clemson played NONE of it's first team, including punters, kickers etc. it would be an interesting game... I would submit at most every position Clemson's 2 deep would start at GSU

3) The Sure win for GSU is the big paycheck they will get.

4) The ancillary benefit will be the exposure their program gets playing the pre-season #1 or #2 and their young men getting to play in Death Valley

5) Like all teams that come to DV, except the coots, we hope they can have a great experience despite the way the scoreboard ends up.

6) For GSU's remaining games, I hope they win out big time and get a great bowl

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great points. Do you think the guy supports them enough to

Aug 7, 2018, 10:56 AM

even go to their games?

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

I would be slightly nervous if this was Monken or Fritz

Aug 7, 2018, 12:27 PM

coached team. But Georgia Southern is in disarray right now. I hate that two of my Alma Maters are playing each other, but I expect Clemson to absolutely destroy this particular version of Georgia Southern. Tyson Summers was worse than Van Gorder. He set back GSU football several years.

By the way, I unilaterally decide that this post by morbidtiger should represent the Clemson fanbase's thoughts on this matter. Nothing should ever be added or taken away from it. There, that's decided.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My Take on Things GSU

Aug 7, 2018, 3:05 PM

1) Gotta give the GSU guys props from coming into this dysfunctional den of sports and life arcana...his grammar is at least better than the coots

2) If Clemson played NONE of it's first team, including punters, kickers etc. it would be an interesting game... I would submit at most every position Clemson's 2 deep would start at GSU

3) The Sure win for GSU is the big paycheck they will get.

4) The ancillary benefit will be the exposure their program gets playing the pre-season #1 or #2 and their young men getting to play in Death Valley

5) Like all teams that come to DV, except the coots, we hope they can have a great experience despite the way the scoreboard ends up.

6) For GSU's remaining games, I hope they win out big time and get a great bowl

I would not go as far to say that Clemson's 2 deep could start at Georgia Southern when it comes to the offensive. As an example at Georgia Southern a WR will not play if they are not a very good blocker whereas at Clemson a WR that is not as good at blocking can play due to other skill set they might have. Also a QB at Georgia Southern has to be a very good ball carrier and have a completely different skill set than a QB at Clemson.
Sure the paycheck for the game is a win for Georgia Southern but the Eagles expect to win some of the payday games they play in.
Yes it is nice to play teams such as Clemson but no much so that playing at other schools as Georgia Southern has in the past and will play again in the future. Most money games are scheduled so many years into the future that you could end up playing Florida such as the Eagles did several years ago when the Gators were at rock bottom or on the other end of the spectrum as Clemson is this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome to Tnet***

Aug 7, 2018, 3:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,312
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic