Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My Magnetic Football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,009

My Magnetic Football

Sep 22, 2019, 4:15 PM

Several years ago one of my friends gave me a magnetic decal in the general shape of a football. It's orange and white and has a Tiger Paw. In the middle it reads, "Mr Joe". I put this on the passenger side door when I go to the game. After we had pulled into out parking spot on Lot 20 yesterday, a gentleman came over and asked if I was Joe21. I assured him that I was indeed Joe21 and as ugly as he had imagined. He said he read the posts but never posted on TigerNet. Another gentleman came by and as we were chatting he asked how old I was. I asked him to guess my age. Wanting to flatter me he said, "in your 70s". I then told him if I could make it to Nov. 25, I would be 98. He asked me to walk over a short way to meet his Dad. His Dad was a mere 90. Wonderful people.

I have a lot of fun when people mention the year they graduated from Clemson. If they graduated in the 50's, I tell them they must be older than me because I did not graduate from Clemson until 1963. If they graduated in the mid 60's, I tell them we must be about the same age. nd then I have to clarify my statement.

I have met more people such as this and it is a pleasure to meet and visit with all of these great Tigers. It does get a bit embarrassing because all of those who sit near me in the stands treat me as if I am an old geezer and they want to bring me stuff from the confession stand. The best thing these kind people could do is go the bathroom in my stead then I would not miss any of the plays.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My Magnetic Football

Sep 22, 2019, 4:39 PM

Don't be embarrassed Joe. Just tell them to bring you one of everything in the concession stand. When they get back, tell them thank you but you don't have any money. Enjoy the treats.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2019, 4:56 PM

I attended our family reunion yesterday. I have a aunt that will be 98 this coming November. She the Patriarch of our family on my dads side. It was great to see her. Happy early birthday to you both.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2019, 5:21 PM

My mom turns 90 on Friday. My dad, Frank Howard, turns 90 on November 4th. Both are in good health like you Joe.
I hope my parents pass along their longevity to me. I would love to live to 90 or more. I really want to see for myself if Florida ever goes under water (among other things).

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,009
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic