Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My Dad BiLL jr would be 99 this Sept Day while Joe21's older Brother would have been 100.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

My Dad BiLL jr would be 99 this Sept Day while Joe21's older Brother would have been 100.

Sep 15, 2019, 4:24 PM

And Joe will be 98 Nov 25th (did i get this right Sir?).

Saying.. those 90 something birthdays are pretty dang good, especially if you're living!

HaPpY Birthday DaD!

PS: He was a WW2 vet (front machine gunner in tank in France, Belgium & Germany), attended UNC a year b/4 war & a Tar Heel Fan who talked about Charlie Choo-Choo Justice.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My Dad BiLL jr would be 99 this Sept Day while Joe21's older Brother would have been 100.

Sep 15, 2019, 4:47 PM

You got that date correct Bill. Come back on 11/25 and we'll celebrate. If I'm lucky enough to make it to 100, we will be planning a "small" party. May have to hold it in the stadium. My daughters had a reception for No. 90 (a family tradition) but only had about 300 because it was during the Thanksgiving holidays and many people were out of town.

September was a birthday month in my family. My brother would have been 100 on 9/1, my Dad 148 on 9/10 (born in 1871), one sister 103 on 9/17 and another sister 112 on 9/23.

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My Dad BiLL jr would be 99 this Sept Day while Joe21's older Brother would have been 100.

Sep 15, 2019, 5:17 PM

My dad would have been 100 in May. A great generation of folks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My birthday is today as well.

Sep 15, 2019, 6:50 PM

Turned the big six-oh! My father was also in WW2 and and attended Clemson in 39-40, and would be 97 were he still alive.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

And - would have been my grandmother's today

Sep 15, 2019, 9:11 PM

She would have been 130 today. Passed away in 1980 about 5 months shy of her 91st.

My mom's mother and a great lady. Loved her generation. Knew hardship & tough times, but kept on going. She & my granddad (I'm named for him but never met him - died rather young in '45 at age 55/56). They started having kids during WWI (just 3 total) - the last born during the Depression in '32. Had a farm but lost it because of the Depression, bought a house "in town" in Westminster, SC & opened a general store. My grandmother had always taught school & continued to do so through the Depression years - without pay. County & state had no money.

After retiring years later - she continued to volunteer at the hospital for at least 25 years - up until about age 88. Those older volunteer women were known as "Gray Ladies."

She was a tough woman but sweet as pie. Always thought about her growing up in horse/buggy days - then autos & airplanes - then Neil Armstrong on the moon. A lot to live through.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic