Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My 2 cents on Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

My 2 cents on Dabo

Dec 27, 2012, 11:05 PM

I support him or any Clemson coach 100% but when he made the comment before the Scar game that he thinks it is "sad" that any Clemson fan thinks the season is a failure if we lost that game.... he lost me. Spurrier owns him and he knows it and that is not going to change. That frustrates me to no end. It is a major failure to get manhandled by them for four straight years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My 2 cents on Dabo

Dec 27, 2012, 11:18 PM

i think his recruiting and player dev. record is not very good - see d

coach/recruit what ya know right? i guess that's why we have a stockpile of WR's

we are paying a price for a learning on the job hire

we had really poor starts for two years in a row there and I think that was primarily do to just poor organization (new coach)

he needs a bowl win...and a good one...and he needs it badly

the SEC hat trick

USC, LSU and UGA throw in a 5th cooter win in a row (a new record)

he needs to pack his bags

I really want this bowl game though...and the UGA game

so we will play wait and see

I also think a Morris loss could suck us down into the toilet for a year or two min

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2012, 11:27 PM

Yeah he can't recruit defensive players at all... (Jayron Kearse 4*, Shaq Lawson 4*, Dorian O'Daniel 4*, Scott Pagano 4*, Travis Blanks 4*, Kevin Dodd 4*, Ronald Geohaghan 4*, Carlos Watkins 4*, Stephone Anthony 5*, Corey Crawford 4*, Tony Steward 5*, Lateek Townsend 4*)-rankings from rivals. 12 4* players or better on defense the last 3 recruiting classes and this one isn't done yet. I don't think his problem is recruiting..

Dec 27, 2012, 11:37 PM

there go those dang stars again

if we are doing such a great job recruiting

what is going on with the D?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^Biggest Debbie Downer on T-Netr

Dec 28, 2012, 2:05 AM

Most of those big D recruits are Freshmen/Sophomores or haven't even gotten here yet. Rome wasn't built in a day

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2012, 11:43 PM [ in reply to Re: My 2 cents on Dabo ]

So where is the problem? Our defense is awwful. We can't (or don't) develop the players we recruit. Lousey S&C program, and poor player development. Talented players allowed to slouch around after 1/12 years 40 lbs overweight. Where does the buck stop? Apparently not with Dabo. Do we have anyone left who will kick a$$ and take names?

You are entitled to your opinion, but...

Dec 27, 2012, 11:47 PM [ in reply to Re: My 2 cents on Dabo ]

you lose credibility when you complain about his recruiting ability.

You want to fire a coach who has had 2 10 win seasons in a..

Dec 28, 2012, 2:59 AM [ in reply to Re: My 2 cents on Dabo ]

row, which hasn't happened since Ford was the HC here. Some posters on here are straight up morons.

No coach says otherwise ever

Dec 27, 2012, 11:20 PM

To say that the season is a failure if we lose that game is dooming your coaching future. You will lose the team in a heartbeat and don't stand a chance of getting them up for this game or any game that's not scar next season.

null

I think some of these posters are getting a little payback

Dec 27, 2012, 11:25 PM

from coot friends and would rather be 1-11 instead of 10-2. Surely we are the only fan base that has that mentality.

Re: I think some of these posters are getting a little payback

Dec 27, 2012, 11:30 PM

i think after 3-4 in a row

the record becomes increasingly less satisfying as that W

Re: No coach says otherwise ever

Dec 27, 2012, 11:46 PM [ in reply to No coach says otherwise ever ]

The point is to identify the problem and correct it. It just take the will to do it.

Dec 27, 2012, 11:34 PM

I agree. Did you not notice that before the So. Car. game he said that we'd love to play Alaabama, and that we could "line up with and play anyone in the country. " Really? Can you not imagine that this brilliant statement was all over S. Car."s lockerroom? If he really believed that, I question his ability to evaluate talent or the realistic quality of his taeam. And, if you are making this kind of money, aren't you supposed to be an expert? I wonder whether or not he still realizes that we have a terrible defense?

Dec 28, 2012, 5:07 AM

We have not had a coach in our history that has had to compete against a USC team which is as good as they are now. Our program is better than it was when Dabo took it over and that is with a virtual air ball in his first recruiting class. Virtually none of those players have been real contibutors with the exception of Tajh, Shuey, and Goodman. We lost a lot of good players when we changed coaches. (Devonte Holleman for instance was a Clemson commit and he has really hurt us)

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic