Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To all of you pieces of human feces complaining about PINK
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

To all of you pieces of human feces complaining about PINK

Oct 16, 2015, 9:14 PM

I couldn't believe it when I signed back in to TNET and saw posts from "little men" complaining that Clemson along with other teams would be sporting the PINK for Breast Cancer Awareness. You want to be trolls well congrats you did it!! It's not about YOU!!! It's about the women and men who are going through it, have survived it,and for those who were lost along the way!!! NOT FOR YOUR LITTLE BOY SYNDROME!!!. I lost my niece to cancer. I spend more times reading today about how someone else survived but she didn't! I get upset sometimes for sure that it couldn't be her who is still here. But NEVER not ONCE have I lashed out at people who want to support survivors by wearing a color.Or no shave November.OR holding a marathon for raising funds to ensure a future patient can survive whereas my beautiful niece did not!!
Yes I am so angry by your most asinine statements!! Grow up! You not comfortable enough in your masculinity that you can't stand seeing a sports team wearing PINK much less wear it yourself ??? Frak off! Every dang one of you. You hide behind the excuse that its a "corporate business" and more money goes elsewhere?? That's what you are going with??? Again YOU frak off!! You want to judge me for getting riled up by you little #### ants? So be it!!
Apologies for losing my cool and the internet. But sometimes people touch on a sore subject. I know this isn't football itself related but dang I can't believe the ######### we have on here on TNET and it's not just the low meter trolls either.Saw one pile of dung with a 100 meter so we got some people who don't get it!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No Shave November?

Oct 16, 2015, 9:17 PM

Nothing but an excuse for dudes to have a contest to see who can grow the biggest, nastiest beard.

That's stupid, too.

There. You happy now?

Re: To all of you pieces of human feces complaining about PINK

Oct 16, 2015, 9:21 PM

Sorry about your niece. I'm not sure what that other stuff was about.

Oct 16, 2015, 9:23 PM

I agree with you, but is the wearing of pink raising any money?
Will there be any solicitation of funds at the game?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mad bro?

Oct 16, 2015, 9:23 PM

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. Chill.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: You mad bro? Apparently not

Oct 16, 2015, 9:26 PM

Apparently its all about the OP bozo

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wearing Pink = Symbolism over Substance

Oct 16, 2015, 9:39 PM

Just like many on this Board my family has been affected by Cancer/ Breast Cancer. However, all these Pink Outs are mainly for show only. Yes, perhaps it brings enough awareness to generate additional $. By raising money to develop more drugs and Chemo drugs IS NOT the answer!!!!! Prevention comes in the form of what we put in our bodies (Nutrition, Supplements, etc.) and lifestyle. Before I get slammed, I do realize there is a genetic component for some people, but new drugs and chemo are not the answer!

That may be the dumbest thing I've ever read on the internet***

Oct 16, 2015, 9:47 PM

You're probably against vaccines too, huh...

I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created, and with them the animals,
The birds and the creatures that move along the ground, for I regret that I have made them.

Re: That may be the dumbest thing I've ever read on the internet***

Oct 16, 2015, 9:54 PM

No. I support most vaccines. However, I do not support the Flu Vaccine. It is a complete fraud!

Geez, you're a moron.***

Oct 16, 2015, 11:18 PM

I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created, and with them the animals,
The birds and the creatures that move along the ground, for I regret that I have made them.

Re: Wearing Pink = Symbolism over Substance

Oct 16, 2015, 9:59 PM [ in reply to Wearing Pink = Symbolism over Substance ]

Used to think that too, until my wife who at age 40, who is the picture of fitness was diagnosed with Stage 3 BC. Non-smoker, very light drinker, no drugs, no family history and no genetic predisposition (we had her tested) got the horrible diagnosis. WORST f*&cking year of my life watching her go through chemo, radiation and rehab. Look at her today and you would never know. Chemo saved her life. Period. But her friend and inspiration, who was an Ironman finisher, mother of 2 young boys died after trying 14 different chemos. So it didn't save her, but I suggest you do some research on Herceptin. It is an absolute lifesaver for women with Her2+ type BC.

So in summation, it might seem logical to rant about Pink, football,chemo and drugs, but until you have lived with seeing your life partner fend off the grim reaper, you might want to keep your ideas/theories on the topic to yourself.

My mother died of breast cancer, a-hole.

Oct 16, 2015, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Re: You mad bro? Apparently not ]

This pink sh!t is all show. Donations to breast cancer research make a difference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: My mother died of breast cancer, a-hole.

Oct 16, 2015, 9:44 PM

Read the post again ... You jerk!

So if the pink sh!t raises money, can I assume you're...

Oct 17, 2015, 1:46 AM [ in reply to My mother died of breast cancer, a-hole. ]

...ok with that? And if that money goes to research that helps find a cure, are you okay with that? Or do you just want to play the angry hand here?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

it's a copycat world

Oct 16, 2015, 9:32 PM

and breast cancer is the "in" thing to do at present day.

I hope one day the NFL, NCAA, high schools, etc. will pay the same attention to lung cancer and heart disease. Those aren't given nearly the same attention, though they are affect more people and are much more fatal.

While everyone's sensitivity levels are up,

Oct 16, 2015, 10:02 PM

let me say put down the cigs and the crap food. There, a ton of lung cancer and heart disease ended.

Sorry that you lost your neice. Cancer sucks.***

Oct 16, 2015, 9:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry about your niece. And story you miss the point.

Oct 16, 2015, 9:39 PM

I'm not one of the ones posting earlier, but I agree that the pink movement is just one more thing being exploited for corporate dollars. So much more money could be going towards research, but instead it's going into Nike's pockets. The small percentage they give back is laughable compared to what they make off it. And they will keep it up until it's no longer popular, at which point there will either be a cure, or we will be farther away than ever from having one.

You shouldn't be so naive. I once worked for a company who bought pink shirts for an event for the sole purpose of making it look like they were supporting the initiative. They spent a couple thousand on shirts. They gave zero dollars to the fund. Everyone wearing the shirts made it look like they gave millions. That's what these teams are doing. It's sad. Don't be mad at the people that see it for what it is. You're mad at the wrong people.

I think some ppl oppose the Susan G. Komen Foundation

Oct 16, 2015, 9:41 PM

which supports Planned Parenthood and abortion on demand. But in the spirit of finding a cure and creating awareness for breast cancer, I'm okay with wearing pink.

http://butterbeliever.com/i-will-not-be-pinkwashed-why-i-do-not-support-susan-g-komen-for-the-cure/

Susan G Komen - only 20% goes to actual research

Oct 16, 2015, 10:09 PM

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/komen.asp

Aside from that, people have turned Breast Cancer awareness month into a business opportunity.

My only point is that there is no PROSTATE CANCER

Oct 16, 2015, 9:49 PM

Awareness initiative like there is for Breast Cancer. Both are awful diseases. I fully support Breast Cancer Awareness. BUT there is nothing in the football world (college or pro) to raise awareness for Prostate Cancer. And I'm pretty sure a significantly higher percentage of football players will get prostate cancer AND die from it, than breast cancer.

Did anyone know that September was Prostate Cancer Awareness Month? Didn't think so. That's my point.

It saves lives. I've witnessed it personally

Oct 16, 2015, 9:54 PM

but can also understand someone not particular to it. Easy for me to say since we were one of the few that were lucky enough to win the battle, which happened because of the pink. It works. Sorry to hear about your Niece.

Re: My 2 cents

Oct 16, 2015, 9:55 PM

Have to agree with you. For those of us that are fighting cancer it is nice anytime someone gives us some support. I have fought stage four cancer now for four years and all the chemo has taken it's toll. After being a 20 year contributor to iptay I quit going to the games because I almost got into an altercation one day for asking someone in front of me to sit down for awhile so I could see the game. Just because we are not missing a leg or hand people assume you are of great health. I fight my battle privately but again it is nice when someone recognizes your condition. I know this is long but believe me, there are larger things in life than pouting about our team wearing pink one ball game.

FWIW, I just read males make up 1% of the breast cancer

Oct 16, 2015, 10:07 PM

cases each year. http://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/male-breast-cancer

Oct 16, 2015, 10:05 PM

I think we should promote cancer awareness. I have lost family members to cancer. There are more kinds than just breast cancer.

that is a good point***

Oct 16, 2015, 10:06 PM

Instead of flying into fits of irrational faux outrage...

Oct 16, 2015, 10:13 PM

...and slinging vile slanderous insults at a fellow Tiger you wouldn't know from Adam if you met in person...

How about just respectful debate? No one is making you agree. No one is insulting you personally. It's a perfectly debatable subject.

Your approach wins you no points in the arena of ideas.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, nobody was complaining about it

Oct 16, 2015, 10:15 PM

simply pointing out that pink uniforms and wristbands don't help cure cancer

We are all fully "aware" of cancer, the money spent on all the pink crap should go to cancer research or to aid cancer patients

My point is that it is oversaturated and loses its

Oct 16, 2015, 11:00 PM

effectiveness and message. It is getting so commonplace that nobody really even thinks anymore about what the pink stands for. I just see marketing to women.

Your rant is a little ridiculous; calling people crap because you don't like their opinion.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

I'm rethinking what I plan to wear to the game tomorrow

Oct 16, 2015, 11:04 PM

if I don't wear pink, maybe I might get beat up....

Oct 16, 2015, 11:20 PM

Agree with your post. Sorry to hear about your niece. I am a breast cancer surgeon.
Facts about breast cancer
265,000 new cases a year
Over 40,000 women die each year! Each year!! Worldwide it's an enormous number.
Lung cancer is number 1 cause of cancer deaths in men and women
Heart disease number 1 cause of non cancer deaths. It's month is February not October.
Awareness saves lives.
Breast cancer can be a brutal, relentless disease. It is a terrible way to die.
Anyone who has issues with Clemson putting a pink ribbon on the field is truly an insensitive moron.
All cancers need support, research, and awareness. But October belongs to people who suffer from this disease. Unfortunately most of the people with this disease live it everyday of every month. Show them some love for crying out loud. These people are our wives, moms, sisters, nieces and even dads. Embrace this cause and by doing so leads by example for other cancer causes Sorry to rant. #cureallcancers. Go tigers

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2015, 11:23 PM

1740 male breast cancers per year with over 400 deaths due to later diagnosis

Oct 16, 2015, 11:44 PM

40,000 deaths this year from breast cancer
27,000 deaths this year from prostrate cancer
It's all bad. Wearing pink makes awareness but does what?
I think they should pass around the awareness of other cancers not just breast cancer.
More die from skin cancer that breast cancer.
I'm z little tired of the pink stuff.

Oct 17, 2015, 12:11 AM

More people do not die from skin cancer. Lung number 1 breast number 2 just stating the actual facts. Just don't understand the issue with pink ribbons. Prostate got its own ribbon and month.

If you don't support heart disease uniforms then you hate

Oct 17, 2015, 12:22 AM

people that die of heart disease.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love the passion!

Oct 17, 2015, 12:16 AM

Sorry about your niece.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love the passion!

Oct 17, 2015, 12:18 AM

Sorry about your niece.

Everyone knows suffering. Most know suffering with cancer.

Oct 17, 2015, 12:20 AM

Please hurry up and get over yourself.

The problem that most on here have with the pink is not because we don't like girly colors, it's something that is apparently above most people's heads. It's the dangers of corporate driven slacktivism takes dollars away from actually saving lives.

It's convincing lazy, self-righteous people that all you need to do is buy a wristband, or support anything being painted pink and you are one of the good guys. Anyone who believes that not supporting pink uniforms is in any way linked to not caring about people suffering from disease is an idiot.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep

Oct 17, 2015, 12:44 AM

American Flag magnets, yellow ribbons...made in China and so on. Cancer sucks ### on a case-by-case basis and yes I know all about that. Luckily there are people (my wife for instance), who dedicate their lives to medical science, and they are the ultimate heroes of humanity. Most people have no idea what they do or go through.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cry me a #### river. Wearing pink doesn't do a thing for

Oct 17, 2015, 12:48 AM

breast cancer awareness.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Cry me a #### river. Wearing pink doesn't do a thing for

Oct 17, 2015, 1:46 AM

Except for when it does.
But not crying for you tiger d. Peace and good fortune.

thumbs up for that ballsy statement.***

Oct 17, 2015, 1:51 AM

There's something in these hills.

Oct 17, 2015, 1:45 AM

Nice post!!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WELL, I NEVER!

Oct 17, 2015, 1:45 AM

I never said anything negative about pink or breast cancer and I'm never said anything negative about breast except those moobs SOS sports.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My problem with the pink, is that no more awareness is needed

Oct 17, 2015, 2:35 AM

as compared to other cancers, namely childhood cancer which I lost a child to this year. 96% of funding from the National Cancer Institute goes towards adult cancers with only 4% for childhood. Every year, businesses and sports teams go pink to raise money and awareness for breast cancer, while childhood cancer remains a feel good story on the local news about a kid going to Disney world. When more than 4% of funding goes to pediatric cancers and more than 2 drugs in 20 years are developed to treat it, I may support the pink.

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic