Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hearing rumors K'von and Simmons are considering NFL draft
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Hearing rumors K'von and Simmons are considering NFL draft

Nov 29, 2018, 6:32 PM

Supposedly neither guy has decided one way or the other, but both are said to be seriously considering making themselves eligible for the draft. We all know that both guys need to come back from a development standpoint, but if they blow up in the ACC Championship game and playoffs, don't be surprised if you see those guys declare.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Likely they are both gone.

Nov 29, 2018, 6:35 PM

They both have plenty of playing time under their belts. Not sure what good another year would do for them from an NFL standpoint.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Van Smith ?

Nov 29, 2018, 6:40 PM

They'll be Undrafted. But it's par for the course. every year you have 1 or 2 try it because of bad advice from those around them. If they've graduated, more Power to them.

Wallace was benched in his last game for performance and Simmons didn't have a good night.

Muse is 6-2 225 with excellent speed. A lot of people

Nov 29, 2018, 6:48 PM

on defense played badly against the Gamecocks. Our coaches coached poorly and were obviously confused about the coverage as our linebackers, corners and safeties were often caught looking to the sidelines on big plays in the second half. I was disappointed that Venables threw those guys under the bus this week given how poorly his coaches adjusted to what they were seeing.

Wherever they may be drafted, returning for another year is not likely to significantly improve their physical abilities or their draft stock.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Muse is 6-2 225 with excellent speed. A lot of people

Nov 29, 2018, 8:12 PM

Prettt sure that’s not “throwing them under the bus” man, but more like holding them accountable. last time I check, coach V does his job prettt well. They on variable that changed was our pass D $hitting the bed in unison. Many times this year they’ve looked to sidelines and didn’t play like that. Players gotta play. I’m not worried. Pretty confident they’ll get it handled.

Simmons was all over the place- disagree that he had a bad

Nov 30, 2018, 5:30 PM [ in reply to Van Smith ? ]

night- involved in a ton of plays and comes off the field probably less than anyone. Had a bad play that didn't count because of a penalty where he was't in position when the ball was snapped. Dabo lit into him for that and TV guys made it sound like he had problems all night. Had like 1 bust that counted late I believe but again- he's playing LB and ended up on very good slot guy one v one- he defended several pass plays very well and kept the edge. Simmons is one of the best athletes on the entire D and is playing a new position this year. Could he use another year- sure- but is he playing Safety or LB in NFL. Some team is going to really want him due to flexibility. Not sure Wallace can improve on his stock though. Our lack of preparation for tempo and formations by the coaches and the alignment and overagressiveness by the 2 safeties + MLB being out was what was wrong in Coot game.

Read your post as Wallace and Muse

Nov 29, 2018, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Likely they are both gone. ]

instead of Simmons.

As long as we win it all, go for it. I just don't want

Nov 29, 2018, 6:44 PM

a TJ Green and Kearse situation.

Re: Hearing rumors K'von and Simmons are considering NFL draft

Nov 29, 2018, 6:45 PM

Someone once tweeted that Les Miles was caught with a co-ed at LSU. He was making it up but it got picked up and reported as fact. It was an interesting couple of days in Batin Rouge,

The moral is that you can wipe your ### with your rumors. 999 times out of 1,000, they are made up. I can’t stand when people report “rumors” because I know the chances of them being bs are extremely high.

Nov 29, 2018, 6:48 PM

Its their right, and we know they should come back...just wish they would follow Dorian O

Nov 29, 2018, 7:29 PM

They are both great talents but are still too raw to enter the draft. They definitely need at least one more year of coaching to really show out.

Both of them should look someone like TJ Green who was an incredible talent but still needed more time to develop. The NFL isn't interested in developing talent. They want and need a finished product.

Nov 29, 2018, 8:02 PM

This is absolutely false. The NFL absolutely cares about developing talent. That's literally the only reason Green went in the second round, because an NFL team thought with his physical gifts they could develop him into a great player.

Nov 29, 2018, 8:05 PM

I thought they were sophomores? And not eligible yet.

Nov 29, 2018, 8:06 PM

never mind, see that Kvon is a true Junior and Simmons is a redshirt Soph

K'von would go undrafted. Simmons though is a physical freak

Nov 29, 2018, 8:05 PM

He could legitimate be 6'4 230 lbs and run in the 4.3s at the combine. Some team will likely gamble on him in the 2nd or 3rd round on height/weight/speed alone like they did TJ Green. He needs more seasoning, but it will probably be a tougher decision for him IMO.

Re: K'von would go undrafted. Simmons though is a physical freak

Nov 29, 2018, 8:41 PM

The 4.3s? Lol.

Ray Ray ran a 4.5 at the combine. Simmons is faster

Nov 29, 2018, 9:06 PM

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/on-the-beat-clemson-s-isaiah-simmons-ray-ray-mccloud/article_e40058be-9cb5-11e7-867b-c3e9c3df9b79.html

Re: Ray Ray ran a 4.5 at the combine. Simmons is faster

Nov 30, 2018, 5:14 PM

I’m not sure why you posted that link?? Are you saying ray ray runs in the 4.3s?

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/ray-ray-mccloud?id=32462018-0002-5602-2213-8e72e85e661b

Ray ray ran a 4.53 at the combine. It’s very rare to see anyone run in the 4.3s, especially men that are Simmons size. I’m sure he will run in the 4.5s or 4.6s, which will be a very good time for him.

Nov 30, 2018, 5:29 PM [ in reply to Ray Ray ran a 4.5 at the combine. Simmons is faster ]

You know that article is fiction...click on the link and read under the pic.

Nov 30, 2018, 5:29 PM [ in reply to Ray Ray ran a 4.5 at the combine. Simmons is faster ]

You know that article is fiction...click on the link and read under the pic.

Nov 30, 2018, 5:24 PM

I assume you mean Muse and Wallace, and Muse will not be playing on Sundays. He is basically an undersized outside linebacker with highly questionable coverage skills and limited athleticism.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2018, 6:49 PM

We could really use them back, but if they will go in the first 4 rounds I could see why they would go. I hope they both return though. We need them. Simmons could use another year imo.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic