Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mrs No got hit by a deer AGAIN last night.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Mrs No got hit by a deer AGAIN last night.

Nov 12, 2019, 8:44 AM

3rd time in about 2 yrs. Minor front damage. She's ready to move away from Botetourt County and live in the city. People get hit by deer in the city too. I'm beginning to understand why people get those big grill guards, maybe it's not just for the macho look.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Time to invest

Nov 12, 2019, 8:46 AM

Image result for cow catcher

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Damage to the front of the car you say?

Nov 12, 2019, 8:53 AM

Sounds like she hit the deer. Glad she is okay. Just circumstance or does she know not to swerve?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

she claims it swerved into her. I've been hit by deer twice,

Nov 12, 2019, 9:06 AM

both over 20 yrs ago, but both times were unavoidable. Some kind of powerful magnetic force draws the deer into your vehicle.

1st time I saw the deer, stopped for it to cross the road, it didn't budge, so I started creeping by and then it came at me, lept across the hood but didn't quite clear the fender on the other side.

2nd time I never saw the deer until it landed on my windshield.

Most deer accidents I hear about are like this, sometimes the deer just seem determined to hit your vehicle. Stupid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have been hit once.

Nov 12, 2019, 9:11 AM

Back in college, on the way to pick up a fun girl. I "think" the deer got sideways and only got a shoulder into my passenger door. Only a small tuft of hair caught in some trim. Didn't think I was going to discover two tufts of hair that night, but yada yada yada.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so you are saying

Nov 12, 2019, 9:48 AM

that she had a bush?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Nah, and not a landing strip either. More like a small

Nov 12, 2019, 10:39 AM

island of manicured hair Oddly I can't recall if she let me do that one thing or if she did what wives won't do. We hooked up a few times, then she found a boyfriend. That guy would make her mad and she'd call me. Having kids was not kind to her.

please share us the dash cam footage

Nov 12, 2019, 9:26 AM [ in reply to she claims it swerved into her. I've been hit by deer twice, ]

and some boobie pigs

tanks

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't swerve....

Nov 12, 2019, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Damage to the front of the car you say? ]

I totaled my last truck because I swerved. I swore then next time the deer dies. And it did.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not in the least, if you can do a lane change that

Nov 12, 2019, 9:23 AM

could be okay. I've known too many folks end up upside down in early 2000s SUVs due to swerving off the road. Dumb.

Re: Big eight point

Nov 12, 2019, 8:53 AM

Ramed the passenger side door where I was sitting. Sounded like gun shot. Much more exciting than shooting one. He ran about sixty yards and collapsed. No bruising but lungs were full of blood. Bastid tried to kill me!

York County Sheriff's Department put those guards on all

Nov 12, 2019, 9:00 AM

of their vehicles years ago for that very reason.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reminds me of 1993....I lived in Mauldin Hall and was riding

Nov 12, 2019, 9:01 AM

back from Greenville with a buddy in his Jetta. On the way back on Hwy 88, we nailed a deer. The car was still driveable but the hood was dented, the headlight was smashed, and there was blood and brown fur all over the front.

When we pulled up in front of Mauldin, Patrick Sapp, Emory Smith, and several other football players were hanging out on the benches in front. One of them came up and was like "Oh sh##, ya'll hit somebody???"

My buddy with the awesomely sick sense of humor immediately pretended to tear up and said something like "Yes....but the dammm school bus didn't put the stop sign out. How'd I know he'd be there....HOW WOULD I HAVE KNOWN???"

Every football player started freaking out and after about 30 seconds he was like "Naw man, it was a deer."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every Obed post

Nov 12, 2019, 9:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty much the greatest decade in history.***

Nov 12, 2019, 9:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You kids saved us from the Germans what with your

Nov 12, 2019, 10:44 AM

trench warfare and biplanes.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#Science***

Nov 12, 2019, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Pretty much the greatest decade in history.*** ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

its like you have never heard of the 80's

Nov 12, 2019, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Pretty much the greatest decade in history.*** ]

youngster!

1969 by itself was better than the '90's.***

Nov 12, 2019, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Pretty much the greatest decade in history.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well yeah, I'd say the same if I were some

Nov 13, 2019, 9:22 AM

40-something lame-o when the gloriousness of the 90's was occurring. ;)

He's right

Nov 13, 2019, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Pretty much the greatest decade in history.*** ]

Cid14 was brought into this world

Welp, I'd like to pretend I never knew Obed

Nov 12, 2019, 8:47 PM [ in reply to Reminds me of 1993....I lived in Mauldin Hall and was riding ]

that does not seem to be the case now, does it ?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm going to get one with

Nov 12, 2019, 9:07 AM

Fork lift blades on the front. So the next time I hit one I can use the blades to flip the deer in the bed. Last damage to my truck was $1700 a month ago.

Almost hit one last week

Nov 12, 2019, 9:21 AM

Slammed on brakes. Deer sailed across my hood. Would have gone through my windshield otherwise. Was doing about 45mph. Was running full speed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

get one of these

Nov 12, 2019, 9:27 AM

and tell her to slow down

it probably does not work

Is that a

Nov 12, 2019, 9:49 AM

Re: get one of these

Nov 12, 2019, 12:46 PM [ in reply to get one of these ]

If they work, seems like it would behoove the insurance companies to send free ones to erybody.

Re: Mrs No got hit by a deer AGAIN last night.

Nov 12, 2019, 9:27 AM

My daughter has had 2 jump into the side of her car. The first one caused nearly $7000 damage. It ended up flipping down the side of her car, denting from from to back. Broke the front windshield with it's head. Then it got up and ran off. Deer are stupid.

"If I ever have to use this baby, I want to teach it to come to Papa in a hurry."

real insider info, in the City of Roanoke they use snipers

Nov 12, 2019, 9:45 AM

with silencers to take out deer at 0300. Heard it straight from a DGIF higher up.

If I liked killing more, that'd kinda be a cool job.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These things work.

Nov 12, 2019, 9:46 AM

Seriously.

I dunno about this particular brand, but I got some from my insurance company a few years ago and stuck them on the bottom of the front bumpers - haven't had a deer run out in front of our cars since.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KZSYHQG

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

yeah and check this out

Nov 12, 2019, 10:08 AM

We all had those on our cars where I worked in late 70's

Nov 12, 2019, 10:21 AM [ in reply to These things work. ]

They did work.....

Legitimate Amazon review:

Nov 12, 2019, 11:00 AM [ in reply to These things work. ]

"Got these in yesterday and the adhesive is nice and sticky. On my way into work this morning I didn't hit a deer."

Powerfully convincing. Yeah, you used to see those a lot, but I haven't seen them in a while. Bumpers are a lot different these days, everything's painted plastic and aerodynamic. Not sure if there's a good mounting spot on the front of our cars.

didn’t Cadillac actually put these in their cars in specific areas of the country?

Nov 12, 2019, 6:12 PM

Maybe I am making that up

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whale, I got "Hit and Run'd" last night in Mauldin

Nov 12, 2019, 10:25 AM

very minimal damage, but if you see a White GMC Acadia (McLovin, I'm lookin' at you) with some light damage to the front right end, lemme know kthxbye

Had to be driven by a woman

Nov 12, 2019, 11:26 AM

Men don't drive mid-size SUVs.

...or hit stopped cars***

Nov 12, 2019, 1:04 PM

Re: Mrs No got hit by a deer AGAIN last night.

Nov 12, 2019, 11:06 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoMXovAuCKA

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic