Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mr. Knickerbocker
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Mr. Knickerbocker

May 2, 2018, 9:44 PM

Clemson store is closing. Too bad.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow. That's unbelievable. That place has been around

May 2, 2018, 9:45 PM

longer than I have.

Sad.

Sign of the times I guess.

Know David (& his Dad James since 1962 when he was a barber)..

May 2, 2018, 10:04 PM

Great guys & Family who probably gave Clemson Fans their 1st real chance to buy really unique Apparel & a much larger variety..way b/4 Coach Ib but after Judge Keller.

Suspect since James retired some years ago and David is in his early to mid 50’s and they had made some $ & had investments (apts)..maybe it was time to close the Clemson Uptown location..

since I remember it was a pain for them to bring in new goods from the tiny back or side entry door or even from the street..while their newer locations are more modern, larger & accessible.

What a neat place they founded & I spent many a happy hour & $ there having fun equipping myself & family for the big games, road trips & bowls.

Salute to James & David; thx Guys for merchandising super neat Clemson Wear & Collectables!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow. That's unbelievable. That place has been around

May 3, 2018, 9:56 AM [ in reply to Wow. That's unbelievable. That place has been around ]

I graduated before it opened. My Clemson was Dan’s, ESSO, the movie theater, The Study Hall, the Quadrangle, The Tin Cans, Pool tables in the bacement of the Y, The red carpet lounge........

So what you are saying is that you put the

May 3, 2018, 5:15 PM

"Old" on "Old Hickory?"

Very sad! Mr. Knickerbocker is a Clemson institution.

May 2, 2018, 10:09 PM

The owners have always rented their space there. New owners have purchased the building and want to go in a different direction...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Mr. Knickerbocker

May 2, 2018, 10:10 PM

That place has been apart downtown Clemson,S.C. since 1973 and probably not by the younger generation but would greatly be missed by lots of the older generation that shopped there on Saturdays during the Football season ever since it opened.

Prefer Ibrahim’s place anyway.

May 2, 2018, 11:14 PM

Nobody goes to Knickerbockers anymore. It’s always too crowded.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Prefer Ibrahim’s place anyway.

May 2, 2018, 11:30 PM

I agree it is crowded and hard to move around in some times but it still like a tradition to the downtown area having been there for a long time and.I too like both of Ibrahim's shops,mainly because they stay up to date on the latest Clemson Nike gear and have a lot of it plus much more than just Nike clothing.

the other Knickerbockers up by IHOP and

May 3, 2018, 12:13 AM

McAllisters is laid out much better and I assume not closing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Yes. Ibrahims Tiger sports shop needs a Greenville

May 3, 2018, 1:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Prefer Ibrahim’s place anyway. ]

location.

May 3, 2018, 5:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Prefer Ibrahim’s place anyway. ]

That was a Yogi Berra JOKE, son...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2018, 5:49 AM [ in reply to Prefer Ibrahim’s place anyway. ]

The future ain't what it use to be.

lol...do you understand the irony

May 3, 2018, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Prefer Ibrahim’s place anyway. ]

of saying "nobody goes there anymore" and "It's too crowded" in the same sentence about the same place, right? Sorry...just found that a funny oxymoron when I read it.

May 2, 2018, 10:21 PM

Link;

http://www.thetigernews.com/news/mr-knickerbocker-owners-to-close-downtown-clemson-location/article_b43c33b8-4e6d-11e8-b1a7-036ef762ddc9.html

Was this the closest one to the campus? Been there a couple of times and didn't know about the other locations.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2018, 10:23 PM

To me, that is a Clemson tradition. Remember going to games when I was young and thought that was the coolest store.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2018, 12:13 AM

X 2. Mr. Knickerbocker is Clemson

Best Is The Standard

May 2, 2018, 10:28 PM

Noooo!

May 2, 2018, 10:28 PM

Noooo!

May 2, 2018, 11:10 PM

I'd like to ask those familiar with the other locations which is the best out of the remaining stores? The one a mile or two away on Tiger Blvd, the one in Central, or the one in Greenville?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2018, 11:33 PM

I would have to say the one at the Greenville Shops at Greenridge

I have always thought the greenville store is small and

May 3, 2018, 1:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Mr. Knickerbocker ]

lacks the selection of the larger store. The new store next to Publix in Clemson is nice but seems smaller. Never tried the Central outlet.

Always loved it but also remember when there was a jewelry store there

May 3, 2018, 12:34 AM

Things change. I will reserve my anger for when they replace it with a 4 story apartment complex. It’s probably already in the works...

Re: Always loved it but also remember when there was a jewelry store there

May 3, 2018, 8:14 AM

Lord, I hope they don't plop another huge apartment building right there.

They have to realize that that is a historic & potentially iconic spot for any number of businesses.

Not enough room. My guess is a fancy coffee shop/safe area***

May 3, 2018, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Always loved it but also remember when there was a jewelry store there ]

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Snoddy's Jewelers***

May 3, 2018, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Always loved it but also remember when there was a jewelry store there ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where did that name come from?

May 3, 2018, 8:44 AM

I've always just went with it since i was a kid but now the thought hit me. Where did that name come from? How is it tied to Clemson? When i hear it I know they are and have always been just a Clemson store. But if i was from out of town i'd be like what does Clemson have to do with the New York Knicks?

May 3, 2018, 9:00 AM

Could explain why I ordered something from them almost 3 weeks ago and haven't received it yet! After 3 phone calls I was assured last Friday that it had shipped. I suppose someone could be walking it to my house!

Re: Mr. Knickerbocker - sad

May 3, 2018, 4:56 PM

Internet has killed a lot of stores

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not happy about this

May 3, 2018, 10:43 AM

not at all

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Fupa Loompa doompadahdee dee***

May 3, 2018, 3:40 PM

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic