Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clemson at Auburn in 2010: The Night the Headsets Went Out on the Plains
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

New Story: Clemson at Auburn in 2010: The Night the Headsets Went Out on the Plains

Jun 27, 2016, 7:12 AM

Clemson at Auburn in 2010: The Night the Headsets Went Out on the Plains

The last time Clemson and Auburn tangled on The Plains, the home team used the victory as a springboard to a national championship. It was also a memorable game from several different standpoints. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Night Auburn speared our QB and got away with it.***

Jun 27, 2016, 7:22 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Night Auburn speared our QB and got away with it.***

Jun 27, 2016, 8:15 AM

Football demands toughness, Tajh Boyd took many questionable hits, He got right back up and the band played on. ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Huh? It was Parker that got speared. Changed the way he

Jun 27, 2016, 1:30 PM

played the rest of the season because he was protecting his future baseball career, and Dabo wouldn't bench him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Huh? It was Parker that got speared. Changed the way he

Jun 27, 2016, 10:52 AM

You are so f o s

Am I now? LOL, ok.***

Jun 27, 2016, 11:12 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Said the person who knows quite a bit about

Jun 27, 2016, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Huh? It was Parker that got speared. Changed the way he ]

being full of crap.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

This must be a bit...is this a bit?***

Jun 27, 2016, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Huh? It was Parker that got speared. Changed the way he ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prove it.***

Jun 27, 2016, 6:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Huh? It was Parker that got speared. Changed the way he ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I thought they later revealed that he played the whole

Jun 27, 2016, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Huh? It was Parker that got speared. Changed the way he ]

season with cracked ribs?

nah, he cracked them against USF bruised against AUB

Jun 27, 2016, 1:37 PM

"Clemson quarterback Kyle Parker's football career came to an abrupt end when he broke ribs in the first half against South Florida in the Meineke Bowl."
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2010-12-31-2529628326_x.htm

"It was kind of where I took that shot earlier," said Parker, who suffered bruised ribs in the Auburn loss
http://jacksonville.com/sports/college/2010-12-31/story/kyle-parker-injured-clemson-knocked-usf-meineke-bowl#

I have a seriously hard time faulting Parker who not only got beat a pulp at the first and last games of the season, but all season long and played through it. Add on top of it that he turned down $800k of guaranteed money to play for our Tigers and I'll look past whatever may have caused his performance to suffer. I'll even look past his personality quirks. If people want to dog Chad Kelly, go for it, but we probably should avoid dogging our own.

I'm not really dogging him, I'm just saying there was a

Jun 27, 2016, 2:13 PM

definite shift in the way he played the game after that dirty hit. I fault Dabo for not giving Tajh his time at that point, as the season was already becoming a bust.

Tajh wasn't going to win us any games. That's a fact.

Jun 27, 2016, 3:29 PM

Parker was a LOT better at that point in 2010 Tajh. When Chad was first hired, he stated Boyd couldn't even draw up plays on the board when asked, and that was after the season.

What Chad did through spring, and again during Fall camp.....and what Boyd did to dedicate himself to not just learning the playbook, but understanding the game, was nothing short of remarkable.

It wasn't until second half of Wofford and after the 4th drive of the Auburn game that the lights started to come on for Boyd.

It all worked out, so it doesn't really matter at this point.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Huh? It was Parker that got speared. Changed the way he

Jun 27, 2016, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Huh? It was Parker that got speared. Changed the way he ]

He played the rest of the year with broken ribs that were not disclosed but uncovered in Rockies XRay. He broke them again on a keeper in the bowl game.

Jun 27, 2016, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Re: The Night Auburn speared our QB and got away with it.*** ]

So Parker was tuff ??? How many times did Boyd spit up blood. Good grief

How many times DID Boyd spit up blood?***

Jun 27, 2016, 1:30 PM

He doesn't know, he's making #### up.***

Jun 27, 2016, 6:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2016, 8:59 AM [ in reply to The Night Auburn speared our QB and got away with it.*** ]

that was one of the worse "no calls" I have ever seen! there was simply NO REASON to miss that penalty. Dabo should have been all over those incompetent refs!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Clemson at Auburn in 2010: The Night the Headsets Went Out on the Plains

Jun 27, 2016, 7:40 AM

1 Bama
2 FSU 2014
3 Auburn 2010
I still don't like to even think about these 3 losses.
They hurt to the Core??

There is opportunity to make up for all of those this year!

Jun 27, 2016, 9:15 AM

I know we have beat FSU and Auburn since then but we can get them both at their place and that we haven't done. If we are going to win the National Championship I would say there is a good chance we will see Alabama again!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of 2008
Go Tigers!

Re: New Story: Clemson at Auburn in 2010: The Night the Headsets Went Out on the Plains

Jun 27, 2016, 8:08 AM

No, if there is anything being repeated, it will be September 17, 2011 Clemson 38–24 over Auburn @ Clemson's Death Valley, Or, September 1, 2012 in Atlanta, GA. Clemson 26–19 over Auburn. This game will go to the team that puts in the hardest and most work during summer work outs. Our Clemson Tiger team will be up to the challenge, an undefeated season starts with a win over Auburn!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2016, 8:13 AM

We had em and let it go. We should have finished headset or not.

i could be wrong but I don't think it was Fairly.

Jun 27, 2016, 8:39 AM

I think it was the safety.

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Re: i could be wrong but I don't think it was Fairly.

Jun 27, 2016, 9:00 AM

I think U are right.. guy had low number like def/back

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It appears to #25

Jun 27, 2016, 9:28 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was a DB.***

Jun 27, 2016, 9:31 AM [ in reply to i could be wrong but I don't think it was Fairly. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It was a DB.***

Jun 27, 2016, 10:30 AM

He was a db alright.

It was the safety that got him, not Fairley***

Jun 27, 2016, 1:32 PM [ in reply to i could be wrong but I don't think it was Fairly. ]

Re: i could be wrong but I don't think it was Fairly.

Jun 27, 2016, 8:19 PM [ in reply to i could be wrong but I don't think it was Fairly. ]

It was Mike McNeill who speared KP. McNeill later was dismissed from Auburn for armed robbery I think.
Fairley also took a cheap shot on him but not like the spearing.

What a game. . .

Jun 27, 2016, 8:41 AM

- 98 degrees during the day in Auburn
- Opening drive and TD by Harper was outstanding
- Harper's TD catch prior to half was one of the best ever
- One of the most physical games for the Tigers ever
- Cat man went on to have a tremendous career after the OT miss

Even with the L, most Tiger fans walked away thinking the better team lost. . . but, heads were held high.

Watched it from a campground in the mountains. Jamie Harper

Jun 27, 2016, 9:28 AM

diving catch into the endzone on a 3D tv is a beautiful moment I will never forget.

Best catch by a Clemson receiver I've ever seen

Jun 27, 2016, 12:40 PM

We were better than them for most of that game, and almost certainly would've won if not for a couple of mistakes by DBs. Steele had a really good game plan.

Jun 27, 2016, 10:26 AM

Still is and will always be the dirtiest program in the country.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

I was there and I was NOT impressed with the atmosphere.

Jun 27, 2016, 10:42 AM

They were very loud at the end, but they put more effort into singing pop songs than disrupting our defense. I witnessed better atmosphere at UGA and Scar.
Also, I remember their dumb war eagle flew off and ended up downtown.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was there and I was NOT impressed with the atmosphere.

Jun 27, 2016, 10:45 AM

come on man. the eagle flew right down to the field. it was not my favorite away venue either.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He escaped at some point. I remember talking about it with

Jun 27, 2016, 10:47 AM

Auburn fans after the game.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was also at the game, the Eagle part was very impressive

Jun 29, 2016, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Re: I was there and I was NOT impressed with the atmosphere. ]

Extremely nice stadium, but i was not blown away by the noise level. Clemson is much louder, many will attest (even opposing fan bases/teams). The Auburn fans I encountered were nice and hospitable.

Jordan Hare is worth a visit is you get the chance.

I would have told Pat Dye ...

Jun 27, 2016, 11:14 AM

"Then go sit in that stadium."

I hope no one ever has a story about Danny Ford like that

Jun 27, 2016, 12:40 PM

I do have great stories about Bill Wilhelm chatting us up over a few beers in the outfield of Doug Kingsmore. That's a pretty big knock on Dye as a person. I suppose to win at Auburn, you need a pretty suspect moral character.

I think a lot of Clemson fans, like me, always felt at worst

Jun 27, 2016, 12:10 PM

ambivalent towards Auburn and maybe even quietly pulled for them sometimes but after we started playing them semi-regularly, they quickly became one of my least favorite teams.

That '10 team and game was dirty and I lost all respect for them after that. I was glad to go 2-0 against them after that.

Jun 27, 2016, 12:47 PM

I have a strong feeling there'll be a headset problem this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Jun 27, 2016, 1:12 PM

We might have headset problems but Auburn has a Kevin Steele problem.

BYOH***

Jun 27, 2016, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson at Auburn in 2010: The Night the Headsets Went Out on the Plains ]

Believe that KP missed a wide open WR in end zone on 3rd

Jun 27, 2016, 1:36 PM

down in OT that would have won the game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep! That's a throw he makes had he not been speared in the back!***

Jun 27, 2016, 9:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Jun 27, 2016, 2:57 PM

...so your name's on the stadium? Then please come with me, Patricia, and I'll help you find the seat with your name on it over there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Auburn's game plan for the first half was "play dirty."

Jun 27, 2016, 3:37 PM

The halftime adjustment for Auburn was to "play even more dirty in the second half." This was some of the dirtiest play I've seen since some of those 80's Miami teams.

Not talked about, We gave it back as good, if not better...

Jun 27, 2016, 3:41 PM

Maxwell literally knocked out McCalleb.

Most painful game to watch. Didn't know about headsets.

Jun 28, 2016, 10:07 AM

Only game I ever couldn't sleep at all after watching. I already thought they were Cheaty McCheats with the Parker hit and suspicious call on the field goal.

If I had known about the headsets I might have actually been glad that guy eventually poisoned the Toombers Trees. Sounds like regular cheating there. Can we bring our own headsets and can of whoop-ass this year?

Re: Most painful game to watch. Didn't know about headsets.

Jun 28, 2016, 7:39 PM

The booths are usually hard wired to the field area. Someone can simply unplug something.

I believe I'd have some sort of back up anytime I go there.

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Did Auburn lose their headsets?***

Jun 29, 2016, 9:41 AM

So you're saying that

Jun 28, 2016, 7:33 PM

During key times in the games.... The opponents of Auburn have communications failures? In the form of non working head seats from booth to ground.

This has to coincidental. What ye think?

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic