Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Americans are keeping a lot of the world in poverty
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

Americans are keeping a lot of the world in poverty

Jan 24, 2020, 8:50 AM

and ironically it's the "christian" side of politics that want to keep it that way.

https://public.wsu.edu/~mreed/380American%20Consumption.htm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most of the world isn't in poverty, though

Jan 24, 2020, 9:02 AM

Not true poverty. The "world" is doing better than ever.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m confused by your comments. Can you explain?

Jan 24, 2020, 9:04 AM

I saw this quote in the link:

“ And an immigrant who moves to the U.S. is likely to consume far more energy just by moving here. Even if he scrimps and saves energy at home, every thing he buys will increase consumption of energy and other resources.”

So if using more energy is bad, is the conservative position on illegal immigration better for the world?

null

Re: I’m confused by your comments. Can you explain?

Jan 24, 2020, 9:55 AM

The whole idea of wanting to “make America great again” is anti Christian when you think about it, because in order to keep America “great” or rich someone out there has to suffer.

And the root of wanting to keep poor immigrants from coming in droves is because they will have a negative affect on the American way of life.

okay, so is it safe to say your commentary does not relate to the link

Jan 24, 2020, 11:06 AM

in your OP?

As for this response, here are my thoughts:

1) “because in order to keep America “great” or rich someone out there has to suffer. “

Simply false.

2). “ And the root of wanting to keep poor immigrants from coming in droves is because they will have a negative affect on the American way of life.”

Sigh...this rhetorical game has not changed in years. As always...it’s not about keeping immigrants out..it’s keeping illegal immigrants out. And once again, I doubt you would find a country whose government and citizens contribute more to the needy of other countries. To say that they are unChristian because they do not also want open borders is debatable.

null

Re: okay, so is it safe to say your commentary does not relate to the link

Jan 24, 2020, 11:49 AM

Obama was criticized heavily by conservatives for wanting to let all those Syrian refugees in because there might be a few bad apples amongst the women and children fleeing poverty and violence. That kind of goes against the core teaching of what a Christian is supposed to stand for no?

Re: okay, so is it safe to say your commentary does not relate to the link

Jan 24, 2020, 1:51 PM

Is Christianity running our government now? And is to be judged by our Government's immigration policies?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Exactly what kind of zero-sum economics do you....

Jan 24, 2020, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Re: I’m confused by your comments. Can you explain? ]

subscribe to?

That's like saying GDP growth in the US causes GDP to go down in another country, which is...you know....stupid.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You need look no further than China and Mexico to see

Jan 24, 2020, 9:42 AM

the adverse effects America has on other nations. 30 years ago both countries were prosperous and thriving. Now they're squalid third world slums. Oh, and those squalid middle eastern countries we buy oil from are doing crappily as well.

I'd argue the exact opposite. At no time in human history has the Earth had less overall poverty. And if you look at countries who have thrived the past 30+ years, they're all close trading partners with the US.

The world should thank us for our over consumption. Without it, there would be at least a billion less jobs.

And most of the stats he uses are due to overpopulation.

And if you're making a green argument, which I think he is, better attack China first. India second. Both nations are far poorer now than in the past.

I bet 20 years ago this guy would have said we'd reached peak oil production and in 50 years or so we would run out of oil.

JFC....

A disease will wipe us out before we consume all the earth's resources. No species of animal has EVER consumed all the resources on Earth. None will. Wall-E isn't going to happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I own a successful business. I keep a lot of my

Jan 24, 2020, 9:45 AM

competition from being as successful. Should I have been feeling guilty all this time? Am I really a Pagan?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I own a successful business. I keep a lot of my

Jan 24, 2020, 10:00 AM

If your business practices are shutting down others absolutely. Watch this and learn a lesson from Andy.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6vuhzf

Re: I own a successful business. I keep a lot of my

Jan 24, 2020, 12:50 PM [ in reply to I own a successful business. I keep a lot of my ]

You're not a Pagan, and congrats on your success.

One of the tricks we used to use was to sandbag google against our competition. We'd simply purchase through adwords our competitors names. You searched for them by name, our website would pop-up. Worked like a charm.

You are a wackadoodle***

Jan 24, 2020, 10:12 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You are a wackadoodle***

Jan 24, 2020, 10:26 AM

That’s fine but just remember every pioneer in history has been called crazy.

Most of the world is heathen, Jhop.

Jan 24, 2020, 11:21 AM

You need to spend more time working on your relationship with The Lord and less trolling His children.

The first church helped only orphans and widows. The qualifications for widows was that they must be of the church and not busybodies who go around messing in the personal live of others adding confusion to things which didn't concern them.

Basically, the first run by those who knew Jesus person would have let a heathen like you starve. Somehow without one iota of understanding you presume to speak for God. You sound like Adam Schiff or Nancy Pelosi.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Most of the world is heathen, Jhop.

Jan 24, 2020, 11:58 AM

I’ve noticed that you label a lot of people on here as trolls who disagree with you.

Here’s what you don’t understand. I wouldn’t even bring this up if republicans were not painting the picture that they have god on their side and liberals were being led astray by satanic forces. And please don’t tell me they don’t. Trump himself along with many evangelical leaders in this country have made that statement.

The traditions of Western Christianity in many ways contradict what the New Testament teaches about what Christians should stand for....to seek justice, love mercy, and walk humbly. This is a far cry from what trump and his ilk promote but ironically he knew just how to gain the vote of the Bible Belt.

Re: Most of the world is heathen, Jhop.

Jan 24, 2020, 12:54 PM

Rev. Jim Baker, a paragon of Christian morality (since he got out of prison) said the other day that people who don't support Trump should question whether they are actually 'saved'. Throw in the rest of the Evangelical leadership and you have the perfect group for whom Jesus could say: "Get behind me, I never knew you."

TV evangelist do not speak for me.

Jan 24, 2020, 1:01 PM

Pointing the finger at someone like Jim Baker and impeaching all Christians by it is quite a disrespect. That suggest that JB is a representative of Christ. Perhaps at one time he spoke truth and perhaps sometimes he still does but overall we are just men and sin is within all of us.

That's like pointing to the KKK to insult me or me pointing to Antifa to impeach your character. We should be more mature than to continue in such.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TV evangelist do not speak for me.

Jan 24, 2020, 1:07 PM

My quote was not aimed at you my friend, but rather a response to DannyFord. Further, I pointed out some evangelical leaders, like Baker, who questioned other Christian's salvation based on whether they support Trump or not. Many Christians are not as wise or informed as you, and they accept this 'teaching' as Gospel because it comes from a 'leader'. That is most unfortunate.

I do not impugn the character of Christians based on whether they support Trump or do not. I do, however, question the character of some Christian leaders based on their politics and the money they make off of other Christians.

I apologize and thank you for those comments.

Jan 24, 2020, 1:24 PM

Throughout history in every religion men have used all religions to seize and hold power. That will not change.

I'll impugn em

Jan 24, 2020, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Re: TV evangelist do not speak for me. ]

If a Christian continues to pledge blind support to a man of Donald Trump's character as his/her leader and support the actions of a person who flies directly in the face of all that Christ taught, then it's time for that Christian to sit down and have a serious moment of self reflection. Or soul searching. Or whatever.

I cannot think of a less Christ-like president we have had in our lifetimes. Maybe Nixon, for those of you who were alive back then.

But hey. The economy is kickin' ###, right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: I'll impugn em

Jan 24, 2020, 4:04 PM

Money.

All politician can be put in that category.

Jan 24, 2020, 4:24 PM [ in reply to I'll impugn em ]

Your TAD is showing. Saying that any we've had in my lifetime other than Jimmy Carter is foolish. Clinton was a womanizer from hell. He was neck deep in the Epstein pedofilia scandal. Bush dragged us into a war which cost so much blood and treasure.

Obama destroyed our health insurance by imposing fines on those who could no longer afford to pay for insurance due to cost hikes due to Obamacare.

All were liars, thieves and used the power of office to further their own wealth. You just don't like Trump because his economy is unbeatable, he doesn't get us into war and he's keeping his promises other than building the wall and that's underway despite house dems refusal to fully fund it.

Do yourself a favor and vote for Bernie and get it over with.

Re: All politician can be put in that category.

Jan 26, 2020, 3:16 PM

How does it feel to blindly support (upon your own admission) such a horrible, terrible person like Donald Trump?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

My position has always been, and remains forever that...

Jan 24, 2020, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Most of the world is heathen, Jhop. ]

neither Christ, His Apostles nor the First Church entangled themselves in politics. You seem to awake in a new world everyday bringing the same tired accusation that my politics is related or even dictated by my relationship with God, My Savior.

Like a pharisees you accuse me of that which you are guilty. Your belief in politics is your religion and I have failed you buy not putting you on my prayer list. I will not continue that oversight.

It is long past time when a spiritual child such as yourself should become spiritually mature enough to be able to separate these trivial and temporal matters of politics from that which is eternal. You are so miserable you seek to make everyone share that misery by falsely accusing them of not following the Scripture which shows you know little about either.

Many times you've said 'The teaching of Christ,' but you never post any of Christ's words. Do you not have a red letter Bible. Even a child knows how to find Christ's words.

If you take a stab at quoting Christ please try to comprehend the context so we won't have to go through all that and BTW, the 'BYGOD,' in your new handle is a disrespect to The Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Re: My position has always been, and remains forever that...

Jan 24, 2020, 1:59 PM

No, I never said anything about you personally. I'm pointing to the vast majority of evangelicals in this country who want to control this country based on their religion. My position, as a christian, is that our laws should not be based on the bible in anyway and that ironically the policies evangelicals are pushing along with Trump are not even biblical at all, they are based on years of traditional American christianity that doesn't mirror early christianity at all.

You say you are not one of those people, but you seem very eager to defend them.

Generally I defend most Christians.

Jan 24, 2020, 4:18 PM

You and I have had this conversation many times. Imo, some, if not most of those most active in politics are spiritual children. I see you in that category being that you're ready to lash out specifically at those Christians who disagree with your politics.

I am one of those people. Just as my grandchildren are as much of my family as me. Being a child doesn't mean you aren't part of your family. Yes, that is the exact difference between me and those you are suggesting have starved the world.

You words are rhetoric devised in hell, a devil's lie. America has spread more wealth across the globe and any nation in history, reaching out to south america, asia and the middle east. Saying Christians in America are starving the world is so out of character for an American the subject is dismissed as a troll by most, including me.

'The poor you will have with you always...' do you have any idea who said that?

Re: My position has always been, and remains forever that...

Jan 24, 2020, 2:37 PM [ in reply to My position has always been, and remains forever that... ]

But yet, 88, you have admittedly pledged blind loyalty to a man who is a false prophet and one who is being worshiped by evangelicals as an idol. He isn't a Christian but pretends to be one; he foments hate, divisiveness, and sin at every turn all while pretending to be a man of God.

Why would you continue to support such a man? What Jesus say about this support of a man like Trump?

You guys just make stuff up

Jan 24, 2020, 2:43 PM

Re: You guys just make stuff up

Jan 24, 2020, 2:49 PM

I hate to nerd it up this bad while also quoting the worst Star Wars movie of all time, but to quote Luke in The Last Jedi, "Amazing. Every word you just said is wrong."

I've seen where many Trump supporters on here, including myself, have said they think he's personally flawed.

You say he's flawed, but y'all give a free pass to those flaws and pledge blind loyalty.

Trump doesn't pretend to be anything and Christians don't think he's any idol. He simply supports their causes.

He claims to be a Christian. He is not, and he has been questioned enough to prove it. I don't think all Christians treat him like an idol. Evangelical leaders have proven to treat him like an idol, from Franklin Graham to many others.

He says good things about evangelicals as he does the police and the military. Is he pretending to be a cop too?

His supposed support of our military and police is also a charade.

Why is that so hard to understand that they support a guy that supports them and not the Dems who still won't even stand up against late-term abortion?

Trump is pro choice. Always has been. Anyone who believes he's pro life now is a fool.

So now you're a mindreader

Jan 24, 2020, 3:01 PM

Re: So now you're a mindreader

Jan 24, 2020, 3:05 PM

How do I know he's not a Christian? Call it having a fine-tuned BS detector. When a man lives his whole life without any inkling of Christianity and then suddenly claims to be one when he wants to run for president as a Republican, I call #########.

He can't increase police funding. His treatment of generals and other military endeavors shows it's a charade.

It appears you're easily fooled by charades.

Jan 24, 2020, 3:11 PM

Jan 25, 2020, 7:24 AM [ in reply to Re: So now you're a mindreader ]

Maybe he thinks he is a Catholic Christian

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Jan 25, 2020, 7:55 AM [ in reply to So now you're a mindreader ]

You will know them by their fruits.....

If Obama said or done half the things trump has evangelicals would be destroying him. Actually they did even though he carried himself much better than trump does.

And this is where my point comes in about traditional Christianity vs early.....because trump claims to not drink, be pro life, and has an R beside his name you think he’s ok. The early Christians were about love, mercy, compassion, all the things trump has no interest in showing to people.

You say my 'faith,' is 'blind.'

Jan 24, 2020, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Re: My position has always been, and remains forever that... ]

I put no faith in any man. I am not blind to Trump's motive to do the things he does. You are, you haven't considered how Trump is capitalizing on his office while donating his $400K+ salary to various gov agencies.

You are blind with emotion. Your hate for Trump prevents reason and logic.

Re: You say my 'faith,' is 'blind.'

Jan 25, 2020, 7:52 AM

Ah yes, the old trump donates his salary bit.

His salary should go to all those contractors he stiffed and put out of business.

You missed the entire point, Hop.

Jan 26, 2020, 4:09 PM

I wasn't touting Trump donating salaries to make him a hero I was point out that you guys are so blinded with Trump Anxiety Disorder that you don't look at why his agenda benefits him more than the paltry half a mil a year salary.

Just gonna leave this here

Jan 24, 2020, 12:32 PM

Jhop doesn't care about that.

Jan 24, 2020, 1:02 PM

He's been having spiritual issues in his life for a while now, all he cares about is getting back at God by trolling his christian brothers.

Re: Just gonna leave this here

Jan 24, 2020, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Just gonna leave this here ]

My original post said nothing about immigration. It's about that fact that somehow the idea of making america great is being intertwined with christianity in this country when we are already consuming way more resources than we need while there are people all across the globe starving the death. The idea of being a christian is to love and help your neighbor, not make sure you have way more than you need and then give them get a little bit of your leftovers.

I would have respect for Trump supporters if they would just own their position, stop sugarcoating it, and stop invoking the name of Christ. They seem to think because they are pro life that makes them the "christian" side of politics, failing to see how they are anti christ in a lot of other policies.

Re: Americans are keeping a lot of the world in poverty

Jan 24, 2020, 4:49 PM

I’m questioning why OP wasted precious USA energy resources by posting this idiotic thread

Cry me a river

Jan 26, 2020, 6:30 PM

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic