Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Most obnoxious fan base in the ACC?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 66
| visibility 351

Most obnoxious fan base in the ACC?

Aug 19, 2018, 2:41 PM

I know every team has at least a few obnoxious, annoying, rude, classless fans. It has been my experience that Miami fans are the worst by far. Which fan base in the ACC would you say is the worst?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Most obnoxious fan base in the ACC?

Aug 19, 2018, 2:47 PM

I think all fan bases have their bad apples. Clemson fans actually seemed really complimentary of Miami fans after the ACCCG.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NC State

Aug 19, 2018, 2:55 PM

With a shout out to Miami and FSU.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NC State

Aug 19, 2018, 5:14 PM

The Miami people beside us at the Orange Bowl were very nice, as were people we saw in every other ACC school shirt except FSU.

Aug 22, 2018, 7:55 AM

You were probably sitting next to a Miami grad. The grad's I've met were real nice, and completely unrepresentative of their fans that you see on TV.

Sidewalk FSU fans are terrible. A ew years back one of them starting jawing at me in a hotel bar because I was wearing a Clemson shirt. I asked "Mr. Superfan" what year he graduated and a fight almost broke out...he didn't appreciate that. The grads I've met are cool though.

NC State fans and grads alike are obscenely obnoxious all the time.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Miami and Fsu are alright, its NCSt with Lulvul gaining ground.

Aug 19, 2018, 5:15 PM [ in reply to NC State ]

Rarely do I hear excuses from Miami or FSU fans, but the other 2 have always been wronged and that's why they lost. Lulvul just isn't a first thought bc they've only played a few years in ACC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Aug 19, 2018, 5:57 PM [ in reply to NC State ]

Nailed it

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2018, 6:53 AM [ in reply to NC State ]

NC State was first to pop in my mind. Had first hand experience at their stadium and ours. The 2016 game there was a very obnoxious chick in front of us that kept doing the wolf sign with both hands and being very aggravating the whole game. Everyone around was getting very annoyed. Sweet payback at the end though. Lol.

Aug 19, 2018, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Most obnoxious fan base in the ACC? ]

True. ??????

NC State, without question. They are the SCAR of the ACC.

Aug 19, 2018, 2:48 PM

They think they have a history, and like SCAR their history is that of an average football team, nothing more.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NC State, without question. They are the SCAR of the ACC.

Aug 19, 2018, 3:21 PM

I can definitely see NCSU and USC,Jr. as being close comparisons. All mouth with nothing to back it up.

I would wholeheartedly agree with this assessment***

Aug 19, 2018, 6:04 PM [ in reply to NC State, without question. They are the SCAR of the ACC. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Was about to post the exact same thing. +1***

Aug 20, 2018, 10:13 AM [ in reply to NC State, without question. They are the SCAR of the ACC. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Miami fams are obnoxious when they decide to reclaim their

Aug 19, 2018, 2:55 PM

team. NC State has the most dilusional fan base. NC State fans are just weird.

VT and FSU are passionate and proud but I don't think of them as obnoxious.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Miami fams are obnoxious when they decide to reclaim their

Aug 19, 2018, 9:05 PM

team. NC State has the most dilusional fan base. NC State fans are just weird.

VT and FSU are passionate and proud but I don't think of them as obnoxious.

I vote NCState

it used to be Maryland, hands down. no contest

Aug 19, 2018, 3:05 PM

I give the nod to NC State. They are filled with jealousy and hate similar to the coots. Also they have played second fiddle to UNC in bkb for a long time. It gives them that gamecock inferiority complex.

Yes Nancy Tate has taken the Terps spot.

Aug 19, 2018, 4:29 PM

For what it’s worth.

It’s amazing how their coach is a perfect reflection of their fan base. They should never fire him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Yes Nancy Tate has taken the Terps spot.

Aug 19, 2018, 10:07 PM

Don't know about the HC as you do, but their fans are quite nasty.

Re: Yes Nancy Tate has taken the Terps spot.

Aug 20, 2018, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Yes Nancy Tate has taken the Terps spot. ]

It was Maryland, now belongs to NCSU. I’ve seen them throw full beer cans at Clemson cars leaving the parking lot at Carter-Finley.

Message was edited by: ClemTig®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2018, 3:18 PM

Good grief. And I thought because I disliked my old boss that was a NCSU fan, that I might be the only one. NC State fans are pretty darn bad IMO. I did have one co-worker in Charlotte that was an okay NCSU fan, so they're not all bad. But overall, they suck like USUC fans.

Aug 19, 2018, 4:10 PM

NC State,coach and fans.

Aug 19, 2018, 4:15 PM

NC State may not be the most obnoxious but they are certainly the most delusional.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NC State***

Aug 19, 2018, 4:14 PM

Aug 19, 2018, 4:19 PM

I would agree with Miami fans. We lived in Soflo for 6 years and went to a couple of games while there. Fans in the suites poured beer on us while we sat just below them during the Clemson blowout win. They were ejected after security noticed it.

Aug 19, 2018, 4:23 PM

You can dress em up all you want but you still can't take em anywhere. ??

I don't have vast experience, but...

Aug 19, 2018, 4:20 PM

I went to an away game at Raleigh. There wasn't an ounce of hospitality there. I'm not the fighting type, but I've never wanted to get in a tangle like I did there. They ruined me forever on NCSU. Judging by the comments of others, I'm not alone.

Re: I don't have vast experience, but...

Aug 19, 2018, 4:24 PM

Looks like NCSU has won the award. ??

Aug 19, 2018, 4:31 PM

Miami fans were pretty bad pre-game. didn't see many after. My worse experience has been ncsu...been sucker punched walking back to my car..mooned in the parking lot before a noon game....been confronted and saw older Clemson fans confronted and threatened...signs in the bathroom above urinals saying don't throw liquor bottles in the urinal says it all!!!

Used to be a mix of Maryland and NCState

Aug 19, 2018, 5:05 PM

Now we're just down to the pack.

Aug 19, 2018, 5:12 PM

I have had bad encounters with N.C. State fans at their stadium as well as when they come to our stadium.

N.C.State fans are the most obnoxious....Brunch of wannabes.

Aug 19, 2018, 5:14 PM

followed by the Miami who's fans are the fewest in number and are least supportive when team is average.

3...Va. Tech fans can be especially obnoxious when they are winning.

But all fan bases including Clemson has some really bad apples. Some just more than others.

NC State

Aug 19, 2018, 5:20 PM

Nm

NanCy State..

Aug 19, 2018, 5:32 PM

I think both home games 2010 and 2012 during the Pregame playing of our alma mater they started that d@mn wolfpack chant...

Very disrespectful...

N.C.State for sure !!!!!

Aug 19, 2018, 5:43 PM

put the ""R"" in rude and the ""DUCHE"" in bag !!!!!

VT gets my vote

Aug 19, 2018, 5:57 PM

Followed closely by NCS

I had a lot of fun with VT fans in Charlotte and in Orlando

Aug 19, 2018, 6:06 PM

I have nothing bad to say about them.

Then you werent sitting in their endzone in Orlando...

Aug 19, 2018, 7:04 PM

...or anywhere in Lane Stadium

Aug 19, 2018, 6:11 PM

Miami ...ACC Championship was rough, until the 2nd quarter lol

Aug 19, 2018, 6:41 PM

NCSU and it ain't even close.

I hate that fanbase and that team more than anything except Usuck..

Aug 19, 2018, 6:12 PM

Miami fans are too fickle to be considered obnoxious. NC State fans, IMHO, are the worst and there’s not a close second. They actually care about their team, show up, and have the same delusion and lack of class that the yardbird fans display.

Aug 19, 2018, 6:18 PM

Louisville

Aug 19, 2018, 6:49 PM

Vt and Miami, never thought of ncst I’m their tier of obnoxiousness but a lot of replies say ncst. I’ve heard horror stories about Louisville but never experienced them.

Maryland Retired as The Undefeated Champion

Aug 19, 2018, 6:58 PM

5 years ago after a 60 year reign!

Today it depends on the sport.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Aug 19, 2018, 7:02 PM

I have come across greta and bad fans from every ACC team. I see nCST come up the most, but when I was there last year, we were treated with the upmost respect. i guess my worse experience was from BC fans about 7 years ago. I took my family to a cold November game too play BC in Death Valley and there was a section of verbally abusive BC fans towards the school and fans.

Aug 19, 2018, 7:04 PM

This summer, it’s been Clemson fans. Sorry but it’s true. I’ve never seen a fan base eat its own like you guys have done to Kelly Bryant during this off season. It’s shameful and embarrassing.

Aug 19, 2018, 7:10 PM

I will guess since Maryland left the ACC, the most obnoxious fan base is up for grabs.

Since the twerps left the conference (thank goodness),

Aug 19, 2018, 7:08 PM

Experience over the decades has witnessed a tie between GaTech fans and NCSt fans as being rude and hostile. Techsters long looked down their noses at Clemson fans whom they considered country bumpkin inferiors and they refused to play the Tigers on a home-and-home basis (despite the stadium seating difference being insignificant by the late 50's). GT holds a large historical edge in victories between the two rivals although since the Yellow Jackets joined the ACC, the record between the two is nearly equal---as such, GaTech's attitude towards Clemson football and Clemson fans has changed noticeably. But the behavior of Tech fans at Booby Dodd was reprehensible for decades.

As infrequently as I agree with unc fans about ANYTHING, its difficult not to concur with the frequent tarhole assessment of State fans' behavior. Clemson and NCSt were both land grant institutions and are approximately the same age; both have strong historical relationships with agriculture and the military--and textiles. Yet, wolfpackers have all too frequently shown themselves to be simple jerks towards Clemson fans--and I went to grad school at NCSt. My wife comes from a strong NCSt supporting family (hailing from Raleighwood), and the first visit she made to Carter-Finlay as a member of the "opposition" was truly and eye-opener for her....and she is quite critical. We've had vehicles vandalized, stuff stolen from tailgate sites by wolfpack fans....been threatened by crowds of extremely intoxicated students walking to and from the stadium. Its little wonder gunplay between NCSt fans at their home stadium several years ago resulted in a death

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NC State and it isn't even close.

Aug 19, 2018, 7:10 PM

They are the USuCk of the ACC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

The coots

Aug 19, 2018, 8:08 PM

Just when you say “obnoxious fans”, that is all I can come
With albeit different league. Dang they are awful and remember the bottle incident last year. We need to throw chicken bones at them when they ply us ..

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

The 1969 coot team by far.

Aug 19, 2018, 9:01 PM

They brag on that one a lot.

Aug 19, 2018, 9:58 PM

NC State hands down. moved to Raleigh in 1987 after graduating from Clemson to go grad school at State. Every other year I have been cussed, offered to have my a$$ kicked, or both. This has been from the parking lot all the way into my seats. By myself and with my children from the time they were small through high school. The worst by far.

NCST and it is not close

Aug 19, 2018, 10:07 PM

NCST relied on Maryland to keep from having the trashiest, most pathetic fanbase in the ACC, but when UM left, NCST took that crown.

Aug 19, 2018, 11:37 PM

I went to the Miami game when we first started playing them at their old stadium. We beat them in OT if I remember correctly. We actually felt unsafe walking back to our car. Their fans were aggressive and looking for fights. We exited quickly and made it out. Won't go back.

Aug 19, 2018, 11:37 PM

I went to the Miami game when we first started playing them at their old stadium. We beat them in OT if I remember correctly. We actually felt unsafe walking back to our car. Their fans were aggressive and looking for fights. We exited quickly and made it out. Won't go back.

Aug 20, 2018, 12:27 AM

Before they left Maryland, I would say now is NC State

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

NC State. Just horrific.

Aug 20, 2018, 2:48 AM

Like the costs of the ACC. Louisville is charging hard though.

NCState -easy- will never go back to game in Raleigh-

Aug 20, 2018, 6:29 AM

walmart fans

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NCState -easy- will never go back to game in Raleigh-

Aug 20, 2018, 7:13 AM

why. no group of fans gonna keep me from seeing the tigers if i want to see them.

Most likely Clemson, starting early hours January 8, 2019.***

Aug 20, 2018, 7:22 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In what sport?***

Aug 20, 2018, 9:34 AM

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

I'd have to say...

Aug 20, 2018, 9:36 AM

GWPTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Miami fans hands down!

Aug 20, 2018, 10:10 AM

Met a few in Charlotte that were pretty cool, but for the most part they were some real a$$ holes!

Re: Miami fans hands down!

Aug 20, 2018, 10:17 AM

No way. Clearly you haven't been to Raleigh. Miami fans are pushovers compared to NC State "fans". I've been to many games in Miami and never had any issues with them (even in Charlotte last season)---at all. Even when we beat them in Overtime in their house---they were very complimentary. They like to yap, but that's it.

I'm also puzzled by all the comments about Louisville fans---I've rarely been treated better at a visiting stadium. They have been extremely gracious, and I've sampled many fine bourbons with them on their dime.

But the toothless, tobacco chewing/smoking rednecks that are Wolfpack fans, is another matter entirely.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

most old timers would say NC State.

Aug 20, 2018, 10:16 AM

Miami is a joke - no real football culture down there. A different world.

I'll give State fans credit though - at least they care. Unlike UNC, Dook, & UVA.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2018, 10:57 AM

If the question extends to former members of the ACC, then the top two most obnoxious are Maryland and Scar. Funny how the two worst are now gone.

I don’t understand NC State. On the surface, they should be similar to Clemson fans but they are not. I think they feel so beat down after over a century of being walked over by the Holes, that they have just become bitter and trashy.

Maryland

Aug 20, 2018, 12:32 PM

nm

Aug 20, 2018, 1:26 PM

NC State. Many moons ago as a student, was involved in a scuffle at the game in Raleigh. Bunch of Clemson swimmers drove up (Coy Cobb’s car, look him up, Clemson Hall of Fame) and stayed with and went to the game with some Wolfpack swimmers. 5 Clemson guys, 3 Wolfpack guys and one Wolfpack girl. The girl was someone I had known through age group swimming and she was the girlfriend of one of the Wolfpack swimmers. We sat immediately in front of the Wolfpack frat section. One of the frat guys behind us (drunk) was non-stop trashing the girl. He was politely asked half a dozen times to knock it off, but he couldn’t control himself and neither could his friends. At some point, the biggest Wolfpack swimmer (he was big and bad) got up and went to the concession stand and came back with a coke. The idiot behind us opened his mouth again and that big bad dude threw his entire coke all over him. A free for all broke out and the dude with the mouth ended up all bloodied and with his clothes half torn off. Wolfpack swimmer basically ended fratboys day in about 10 seconds. Couple of the frat officers came down and asked a few questions and I think 3 of the frat guys were made to leave. We stayed and watched the rest of the game without incident. If I recall correctly IGGY kicked a 57 yd fieldgoal that game. My Granddad was a NCSU graduate and was the CO of the ROTC in like 1923-24, but my experience at that game has shaded my view of NCSU ever since.

Replies: 66
| visibility 351
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic