Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Most T-Netters do not see it BUT ... there is a case where
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Most T-Netters do not see it BUT ... there is a case where

May 27, 2012, 2:10 PM

Va Tech may feel obligated to STAY in ACC due to the deal VA Governor & Legislature had to cut to get VaT in ACC.

Who can GUARANTEE UNC and/or NCSU will leave ACC?

I do not put the odds real high, yet I still see a back door for FSU, Clemson, Ga Tech and/or MIA to join SEC. It all comes down to what Slive and SEC presidents want ...

The SEC will have a decision to make if and when Fla State and Clemson are offered Big 12 admittance. Only then will we know for sure.

No, Clemson cannot offer short term TV money to the SEC like VaT and NCSU/UNC ... what we can offer is 1ST CLASS fans, facilities, tradition, branding and PASSION. If the SEC wants the BEST programs to join then FSU and Clemson will spark some interest. If it's only about TV money and SC, UGA, UF and AUB fear the head-to-head recruiting competition, only then Clemson has no shot.

ALA/AUB, MS/MS State, and even TN/Vandy offer superb in-state rivalries that play a role in making the SEC the football ratings powerhouse it has become. If AUB or Ole Miss were in the ACC or Big 12, those rivalries and the SEC would just not be the same. AUB/ALA fans would strongly agree.

The Clemson/SC and UF/FSU rivalries would only intensify and optimize SEC ratings. Ask yourself what makes a better TV game - UGA vs. Clemson or UGA vs. NCSU? UF vs. Clemson or UF vs. VA Tech? I know am biased but I believe most TV viewers share my answer. GO TIGERS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Most T-Netters do not see it BUT ... there is a case where

May 27, 2012, 2:25 PM

The biggest problem is the fact now that the SEC will not contact us first and I don't think their are any plans for Clemson or Fla.St. to contact them.So that is a problem.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why would the SEC be contacting USuC, cockstripe?

May 27, 2012, 2:28 PM

..Other than to tell you to take your typically leaching program the #### outta their conference? I'm confused. Please explain.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why would the SEC be contacting USuC, cockstripe?

May 27, 2012, 2:44 PM

Stanley you are more annoying than the coots on here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rock solid solution for you...

May 27, 2012, 2:53 PM

Don't read.

Oh, and your 47% pulse says hi.

Carry on.

Re: Why would the SEC be contacting USuC, cockstripe?

May 27, 2012, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Why would the SEC be contacting USuC, cockstripe? ]

Stanley, we are IN the fraternity. We got a bid, you didn't, we accepted and paid our initiation fee - $50, went through the painful 'induction' process, got assigned a Big Brother, who transferred up from Florida to the Real Carolina, and now we are hot to trot!

Don't pout! We'll invite you to a Band Party if you promise not to overload and throw up on the President's date!

yep.still riding the coattails of your sec brethren

May 27, 2012, 4:11 PM

y'all don't mean jack to the sec, they brought you in to be the sec football dookies. now, get back to pumping the gas.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see no way where we get a SEC invite

May 27, 2012, 2:29 PM

none...I dream of it...I hope for it...but don't see it happening. It would be the most ideal situation ever because of regional rivalries, focus on football, we can schedule 4 non conf games a year with SC being a conf game, but I don't see it happening. The SEC network is relying on net new subscribers for their cable/sat channel. We don't deliver a new region for their network. The NC and VA schools do. I would rather go to the SEC than stay in the ACC or Big12 but I don't see it as a choice we'll have to make.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I understand your perspective, but look at the following

May 27, 2012, 2:50 PM

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2012/5/15/3021181/is-fsu-really-the-most-valuable-team-in-the-acc

Is the SEC really going to pass on the few remaining Tier 1 schools (and let them go to their #1 competitor), so they can show Bama vs. A&M softball in Winchester VA? Esp. given the fact that UVA and VT fans don't support their 3rd-tier sports now? My take is that Tier 2 and 3 schools will always be available...I'd lock up the base now and add 3rd-tier viewing area later.

I hope I'm wrong....I do....I would much rather see us in

May 27, 2012, 2:52 PM

the SEC East.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I believe they will regret the day they started making

May 27, 2012, 3:04 PM

decisions based merely on market area, rather than market power - just like we regret the day the ACC added BC.

All it would take to make the plan a total loser is a la carte television.

selecting BC was a horrible decision***

May 27, 2012, 4:00 PM

Re: Yep. We'd have been better off taking Navy and holding

May 27, 2012, 4:08 PM

a spot for ND and one other team of their choosing.

SEC and Big XII are working together

May 27, 2012, 2:30 PM

on expansion

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

You have sources telling you that? Deeply rooted sources?

May 27, 2012, 2:34 PM

It is an interesting theory, and it would be nice if it were true. But what are your sources?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How does that work exactly? Are there conference calls, or

May 27, 2012, 2:34 PM [ in reply to SEC and Big XII are working together ]

meetings in a back room of a Dallas motel, or what? How do these dozens of folks stay in contact for perhaps the biggest landscape-changing matter in the history of college sports, and nobody seems to know a darn thing about it?

Pre-paid mobile phones would be my guess ...***

May 27, 2012, 2:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those things are da debil***

May 27, 2012, 2:49 PM

It's not unreasonable to think that each conference wants...

May 27, 2012, 2:42 PM [ in reply to How does that work exactly? Are there conference calls, or ]

the most profitable electronic footprint they can get. An SEC package on cable would take nothing from the Big 12 and vica-versa. An objective examination of the prospective moves would supports the concept of collusion by these two conferences. It is also noteworthy that they agreed on a bowl matchup under certain circumstances so the idea that they are not in communications is not reasonable.

Do you think either have moral standards which might preclude such an unholy alliance?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and the first bowl game announced is probably just the

May 27, 2012, 2:49 PM

beginning....they could easily announced a string of bowl games pitting their 3's and 4's and 5's and so on. It takes the power away from the bowls and puts it into the conf.

They most likely will. That would drag the B1G and Pac...

May 27, 2012, 4:13 PM

into the fray, not wanting to be outdone on money issues. It could crush the NCAA which would be a nice doover over for college football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If York is correct, then obviously somebody does know

May 27, 2012, 2:47 PM [ in reply to How does that work exactly? Are there conference calls, or ]

something about it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I hear you York and have no doubt you are dead-on this

May 27, 2012, 2:40 PM [ in reply to SEC and Big XII are working together ]

story with your Big 12 sources as it progresses. I still see a lot of back room deals that need to be firmed up ... and there will be another level of politics for the SEC to secure Va Tech and UNC or NCSU.

Will these back room deals need to be struck before FSU and Clemson are officially offered admittance to the Big 12 ... and, if yes, what if VaT and the ACC NC universities back away from SEC overtures? Can you see this taking a few months to work out the many details?

Re: How does that work exactly?

May 27, 2012, 2:38 PM

Re: Most T-Netters do not see it BUT ... there is a case where

May 27, 2012, 2:43 PM

Millions of $$ per school with a SEC network.... no way they expand to a state where they already have a footprint... It's why they took A&M and Mizzou.... TV sets.

Charter controls Greenville tv

May 27, 2012, 3:22 PM

Do they already carry Sec network?

ESPiN is now the SEC network.

May 27, 2012, 4:17 PM

I believe the SEC will create its own network using ESPiN as media. In that case you'll have to pay more to watch 2nd tier games by buying another package.

ESPiN created this monster and now it has to obey.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic