Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Most ADs polled think NCAA is incapable of policing NIL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,074

Most ADs polled think NCAA is incapable of policing NIL

Jun 5, 2020, 3:44 PM

Turns out that AD's (like most fans) apparently have no confidence in the NCAA either. Also - the NCAA is asking Congress to craft legislation to solve the whole paying athletes thing. Gee - what could possibly go wrong with having a bunch of politicians involving themselves in collegiate sports?

Politicians are like sharks - once they get a little taste of blood they go into a full feeding frenzy. Wonder how long it will take before the politicians decide it is within their wheelhouse to regulate all other aspects of collegiate sports. Who knows, maybe they will pass legislation dictating an 8 team College Football Playoff....

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/29268117/most-ads-polled-think-ncaa-incapable-policing-athletes-endorsement-deals

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Most ADs polled think NCAA is incapable of policing NIL

Jun 5, 2020, 4:21 PM

The thought of politicians getting involved makes me cringe.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jun 5, 2020, 4:23 PM

They make lots of rules. Then either ignore them or sporadically enforce them. They arent worthless because they can always be used as a bad example.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2020, 5:14 PM

Good point - I had not thought about the NCAA's value to the "what not to do" studies.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,074
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic