Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Morris interviewing for Tulsa job Tuesday night
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

Jan 11, 2011, 5:31 PM

Chad Morris, who agreed on Sunday to become Clemson's new offensive coordinator, is one of two candidates to replace former head coach Todd Graham at Tulsa. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Morris interviewing for Tulsa job Tuesday night

Jan 11, 2011, 5:34 PM

Well that solves the pumper doubt of that rumor.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo better have a backup plan...

Jan 11, 2011, 5:35 PM

Graham was paid 1.3mil at Tulsa. Morris will be offered atleast a Mil, then he will be a HC, and wont have to move his family. Hope he does a terrible job in the interview.

Re: Dabo better have a backup plan...

Jan 11, 2011, 5:36 PM

Maybe dabo will offer Fuente like he should have to start with.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fuente was reported to have been angling for a raise at TCU

Jan 11, 2011, 5:39 PM

and not a serious candidate.

If Morris gets off the hook, I suppose we'll see just how serious Fuente is and how much appeal Clemson has to a guy who is working at one of the hottest schools in the country right now.

I'm thinking Dabo might want to see if Fridge is too proud to still be interested after ot even getting the time of day.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well....theres always Jeff Scott.

Jan 11, 2011, 6:43 PM

thats about Dabo's speed anyway....#21

I tried telling him that already

Jan 11, 2011, 9:33 PM [ in reply to Fuente was reported to have been angling for a raise at TCU ]

He refused to listen....

These guys all sound like Bowdens - gaming the system. Too

Jan 11, 2011, 5:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo better have a backup plan... ]

bad they don't have the loyalty like they used to. Dabo should just get the fridge to run the offense for a couple of years and teach somebody else to take over. All these hotshots are not what they are cracked up to be. Look at Gus Malzone (whatever). Without Cam Newton he is just another guy - not the genius that ESPN has everybody believing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't blame coaches for "gamign the***

Jan 11, 2011, 8:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't blame coaches for "gaming" the system

Jan 11, 2011, 8:04 PM

schools don't show any loyalty to coaches, why should the coaches show loyalty to the schools.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2011, 9:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo better have a backup plan... ]

So you want ANOTHER guy who has never called plays before?

Jan 12, 2011, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo better have a backup plan... ]

Or maybe Dabo will do his due diligence like he should have and actually interview more than 2 candidates before he makes his decision.

He will go with Fuente***

Jan 11, 2011, 5:37 PM [ in reply to Dabo better have a backup plan... ]

Jan 11, 2011, 5:35 PM

"Clemson HAD scheduled a press conference"

Are you implying that this press conference is not going to happen now? And if you are we no longer have an OC.

Dialing Ralph Friedgen now

Jan 11, 2011, 5:38 PM

yall better go read the latest update from ard

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2011, 5:48 PM

What is "the latest update by ard???

might be like the one from Roy

Jan 11, 2011, 5:58 PM

that said Graham to Pitt wasn't what they were hearing

uh oh

Jan 12, 2011, 8:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Morris interviewing for Tulsa job Tuesday night ]

Then RF will have us by the short hairs if we are desperate to hire somebody. I would be very happy if RF were the guy, but I doubt that happens.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope Dabo has a plan B in case Morris gets the head coaching job. It sure sounds like he focused most of his OC efforts toward hiring Morris.

i'm all out again ;-)***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you freaking kidding me?***

Jan 11, 2011, 5:48 PM

Re: This is a heck of a way to run a train. Get the guy on

Jan 11, 2011, 6:24 PM

contract before announcing anything. If he changes his mind, after signing it, then make him pay. I can't believe anyone but the AD for the snafus.

Re: blame***

Jan 11, 2011, 6:26 PM

Re: This is a heck of a way to run a train. Get the guy on

Jan 12, 2011, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Re: This is a heck of a way to run a train. Get the guy on ]

There hasn't been any official announcement. All of these rumors aren't official. How's the AD supposed to control the rumor mill?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2011, 5:54 PM

I really hope that he sticks with his commitment to be our OC, but I really can't blame him if he gets a 1 million dollar raise to be a HC.

Even if this works out, we look like 2nd choice for him.

Jan 11, 2011, 5:56 PM

Dabo...cannot you do anything smoothly and keep momentum...

Re: Even if this works out, we look like 2nd choice for him.

Jan 11, 2011, 6:36 PM

This is embarrassing even if Morris comes to Clemson. We now look like the second choice of an offensive coordinator with less college coaching experience than Jeff Scott.

Dabo is stepping in it every which way he turns because this is what happens to programs that are struggling with leadership issues.

he's interviewing for a HC job.

Jan 11, 2011, 7:09 PM

which would be anyones first choice over OC position.

Re: he's interviewing for a HC job.

Jan 11, 2011, 8:31 PM

That's the right answer.

Jan 12, 2011, 8:23 AM [ in reply to Even if this works out, we look like 2nd choice for him. ]

That is absolutely ridiculous.
If the guy turned down a head coaching job and million dollar salary to come to Clemson to be the OC for $400,000, he would be a complete idiot who shouldn't have been offered the OC job in the first place!
Just how many people do you honestly believe would do something as crazy as what you are suggesting? You just can't call an OC job second choice against a head coaching job. They aren't in the same league.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2011, 11:25 AM

Tell that to Malzahn. He hired in at $500K, last year at $1.3M and turned down HC at Vandy for over twice that. He was a mentor to Morris. Maybe Morris learned something?

Kragthorpe was head coach of Tulsa from 2003 - 2006...

Jan 11, 2011, 6:04 PM

and then bolted the moment that a better job (I use the term "better" very loosely) became available at Louisville. He was then fired after 3 bad seasons. Now, he is one of the leading candidates for the job as Tulsa's head coach?

Hey Dabo, is it time to call Fridge now?***

Jan 11, 2011, 6:51 PM

If he wants to be HC at Tulsa, should we even take him back?***

Jan 11, 2011, 7:19 PM

Jan 11, 2011, 7:27 PM

If the OC position at Clemson doesn't pay more than $450,000, then we have gotten what we've been paying for. You can't make chicken salad from chicken sh--! You get what you pay for, and I want us to get a great OC. It's like the old "FRAM" commercial. You can pay me now, or you can pay me later. For Dabo, though, there will be no later, if the now isn't effective. I can say the same thing for TDP. Let's get these rabid fans something we can rally around and put this speed bump to bed. Pay the $$$ and let's get to the next level. Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2011, 7:28 PM

and just how much should we be paying a coordinator.

Jan 12, 2011, 8:48 AM

I think Steele gets $700K. I don't know what any of them are paid, but I doubt $350K will get many good ones to Clemson. Supposedly Rumph left Clemson to go to AL as a position coach for more than that. I certainly am no judge, nor am I an expert, but The $350K seems lower than I would have expected.

Jan 11, 2011, 7:28 PM

This guy sucks! Dabo should make the press conference about how you think he is a jerk and fire him before he comes back from Tulsa.

Jan 11, 2011, 7:29 PM

another coot slithers in.

Jan 11, 2011, 7:33 PM

What kind of school hires a head coach with just one year of OC experience??? Hell, that'd be like hiring a wide receiver coach to be your, oh wait a minute.

Is it true our beloved tiger mascot is going to be changed to the Greenhorns?

I understand that opportunity knocks but you're either with

Jan 11, 2011, 8:00 PM

us or not.

Re: I understand that opportunity knocks but you're either with

Jan 11, 2011, 9:30 PM

agreed

Jan 11, 2011, 9:32 PM

gotta be honest...I don't like to deny a guy a chance to better himself, but if this is true, this has been handled in a very ###### up manner.

Jan 11, 2011, 10:21 PM

be honest. you get an offer from company A and tell them you will be there Monday to start. Company B calls Friday and gives you a great opportunity where you dont have to move (Again) and you will make 2x the money. seems like no loyalty, but what kind of loyalty could he have had. He spent a couple of hours here.

Jan 11, 2011, 10:27 PM

Case closed.

Jan 11, 2011, 8:02 PM

Oh Dabo . . . . . . what a mess . . . . .
Tommy West is even starting to look good!

Jan 11, 2011, 11:39 PM

I'm reading a lot of emotional responses on here about Morris but come on ... which of you would not do what he is doing? He owes Clemson nothing and his priority is He and his family ... Period!

Jan 12, 2011, 7:57 AM

What I see is symptomatic of a President, BOT & AD that are making Dabo (look more more clueless than he already is) & the Tiger Nation look like amateur hour! The Leadership qualities (if you can call them that) of the current "braintrust" is TERRIBLE-PATHETIC-LOWLY. Clowns in charge of the Circus!!

I hope by some miracle from above that all of this gets sorted out, and we look back after the 2011 season and chalk it up to devine intervention!!! LOL!

Jan 12, 2011, 8:58 AM

I am no Dabo fan as evidenced by my prior post, however, how exactly does this make him and the admin look foolish? Dabo went after the man he wanted and only after excepting the job did Tulsa lose its head coach. Now Morris has decided to renig (can't say I blame him) and seek the head position at Tulsa. I fail to see how Dabo is responsible for that. Just because I don't think Dabo is the man for Clemson doesn't give me the right to attack every little thing he does. That's just petty.

Exactly. There's nothing wrong with having doubt about

Jan 12, 2011, 9:06 AM

the future of the program under the head coach, but to attack every little thing the head coach does or says is petty, immature, and in the case of a lot of these "whiners", somewhat deranged.

Jan 12, 2011, 8:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Morris interviewing for Tulsa job Tuesday night ]

Thank goodness for a rational response. Nearly all of these comments have been based on emotion, not logic, and purely from a Clemson fan perspective.
Get real, this is a business for the people who are doing the coaching and their decisions are primarily based on what is best for themselves and their families, not the schools they work for or interview with. For one thing, this guy hasn't even signed a contract or made any formal announcement that he has even agreed to accept the position. So how in the world can you accuse him of any sort of disloyalty.
It seems like all I ever read here are highly charged, critical comments about the coaches and administration. Where is all of the loyalty of those who make these comments, obviously I am not referring to icebucket here.

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic