Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
More on new baseball commmit, Max Wagner.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 4,410

More on new baseball commmit, Max Wagner.

Aug 8, 2018, 10:58 AM

"On Monday night, Clemson extended a scholarship offer to class of 2020 infielder Max Wagner.
It was an offer he couldn’t refuse.“I got the offer last night, and I couldn’t say no to it, especially it being my dream school,” Wagner told TCI. “My family liked it and they like the university, so we had to say yes to it.”

On Tuesday afternoon, Wagner announced via Twitter his verbal commitment to Clemson.
The Green Bay, Wis., native chose the Tigers over other offers from LSU, TCU, Vanderbilt and Kansas State. “I had a couple other offers, but growing up, Clemson was my dream school,” Wagner said. “I started watching them this past year, and just the way the atmosphere is at the stadium, I wanted to be there right away. So, that’s what made my decision.”

Clemson head coach Monte Lee was thrilled when Wagner called him to commit.“When I told coach Lee that I’d like to climb aboard and commit, he was definitely excited,” Wagner said. “He said over and over again how excited him and the coaching staff were, and that just made me feel good about it, that they’re excited to have me there.”

Wagner has yet to visit Clemson, though that will change soon. “I’m actually going down there in about two weeks, just driving through,” he said. “I’m going to walk through it with my family. Then I’ve talked to coach Lee a little bit, and I think I’m going to come down there the first of September and catch a football game and visit some of the stuff down there.”

Wagner has heard a lot about the Tigers, as his father works with a former Clemson and Major League Baseball pitcher. “My dad actually works with a guy who went to Clemson by the name of Jason Berken,” Wagner said.

Wagner (6-0, 195) batted .461 last season at Preble High School after hitting .406 as a freshman the year before. This summer, he batted better than .350 for his travel ball squad.

Based on what he has heard, Wagner believes Clemson fans will see him at third base in the future. He plays shortstop for his high school team. “I’m kind of a bigger shortstop,” Wagner said. “Coach (Bradley) LeCroy said that he would like me at third because of how athletic I am, and to be at third it would be a really good asset for them.”

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congratulations Max Wagner, you just made the best decision

Aug 8, 2018, 11:08 AM

of your life! Welcome to Tiger Town.

Gotta love a young man that commits before he's even visited God's country. #ALL-IN!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: More on new baseball commmit, Max Wagner.

Aug 8, 2018, 11:35 AM

Thank you so much for posting this Colbert. I hope he reads the welcome comments and realize how he’s made our day!

Couldn’t have dreamed up a scenario better than this one. I got tears of joy reading about your commitment post yesterday. Until reading your comments though, I kinda felt we’d lose another to the bigs but it sounds like your focus is education as and that even makes us more happy to welcome you.

Won’t be long that you and your fam realize there is something special in them hills.

Go Tigers!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2018, 10:11 PM

Go Tiger Baseball!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Any relation to Honus?***

Aug 8, 2023, 11:16 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Aug 8, 2018, 12:17 PM

So who is replacing Davidson?

I hope the Braves draft Davidson and move Dansby!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 4,410
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic