Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
More BS from Atlanta sports talk radio........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

More BS from Atlanta sports talk radio........

Jun 26, 2019, 1:28 PM

I've been listening to 680TheFan here in Atlanta today. And all they talk about is what Georgia's GOING to do and how strong they WILL be - nothing about actual successes or accomplishments.

In fact, several times they've played a commercial with Larry Munson calling the "Run, Lindsay, Run" play when they beat Florida in 1980 - the biggest single play in Georgia football history. And the commercial goes on to say come out and meet Georgia legends Buck Belue, Lindsay Scott, Kevin Butler, etc. from the now-distant past.

It's pretty sad when all you can do is replay a call of a play from 39 years ago and trot out now-senior citizen former players as your "heroes."

The most fun thing now when listening to sports talk radio in Atlanta is listening to how they almost choke when they have to talk about Clemson and give us credit for what we HAVE done recently.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: be thankful you don't have to listen to these.....

Jun 26, 2019, 1:39 PM

idiots yell at each other every day. Almost unbearable.

Fat boy on the right labeld the Virginia QB the best in ACC the other day. Claimed TL16 had "too much talent around him" to label as the best in THE ACC!?!?!?! Quite sure he has never held a football.

Ben is the funniest, with the most truthful side to him. He is a UF homer though, but will at least acknowledge the power of the Paw. The other 2 (and Producer Jim) swear Georgia is all-everything.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you get a job

Jun 26, 2019, 1:45 PM

talking sports when you nonutin bout it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: How do you get a job

Jun 26, 2019, 2:06 PM

the one of the left played some high school ball, and runs Southernpigskin.com. I guess his previous website gave him some clout.

Ben Troupe was TE at UF under SpurLid, and is still pretty sports dumb. He knows football though.

Kevin doesn't have a clue most times. And they all argue with each other all show.

Coastal empire has the worst sports shows I've heard. And there is some great HS ball around here.

Message was edited by: TS_Tiger®

Just turn on Sirius channel 84 and listen to Mark Packer!***

Jun 26, 2019, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Re: be thankful you don't have to listen to these..... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

790/92.9 is better

Jun 26, 2019, 2:07 PM

especially in the afternoons

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

But I get tired of Duke and Bell too because..........

Jun 26, 2019, 2:25 PM

they tend to get silly as helll instead of talking sports.

I prefer Chuck and Chernoff on 680TheFan in the afternoon because they do a better job IMO of talking sports in detail.

that's cool

Jun 26, 2019, 2:26 PM

I like silly

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: More BS from Atlanta sports talk radio........

Jun 26, 2019, 2:25 PM

You're surprised a Georgia based radio station is talking about UGA? You're perplexed that the same radio station is replaying a commercial (your description), which someone is paying to have played? You're equally perplexed or angered by the same commerical - paid advertisement - promoting a meeting with former UGA players? If something in the equation of an Atlanta radio show and your post is "pretty sad," it ain't the radio.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, I'm not at all surprised they cater to Georgia fans.....

Jun 26, 2019, 2:28 PM

since that's who the majority of their listeners are.

But it's obvious the truth of what I said hurts!

Jun 26, 2019, 9:28 PM [ in reply to Re: More BS from Atlanta sports talk radio........ ]

I'm surprised, perplexed, angered, and think it's pretty sad that you come on tnet trolling about the puppies. This is a Tiger site. Why don't you talk about how great the Tigers are instead of defending the pitiful dogs?.

GO TIGERS!!!

I guess you could say when Bama beat them on the last

Jun 26, 2019, 2:57 PM

play of the national championship game that "Bama stomped on their face with a hobnail boot". Isn't that the kind of thing they like to say about other teams, LOL.

I've had satellite radio in both cars for about 5 years now.

Jun 26, 2019, 3:03 PM

So I haven't listened to Chuck Oliver and the like for that long. I have not missed them one iota. I'll never forget Oliver's crying in 2011 when Clemson beat Auburn in Death Valley. Oliver went on a six minute rant the following Monday, crying about Dabo's celebration interview after the game. The nerve of Dabo, didn't Dabo know the Auburn fans had plans to enjoy the Clemson campus and town for the rest of the day, running around shaking their pompoms and chanting SEC. And Dabo had the nerve to be happy in the post game interview.

I was thinking about Georgia choking away the 2017 national championship and it brought to mind Auburn and their choke in the 2013 national title game.

I hate to break it to you boys but they talk up

Jun 26, 2019, 4:03 PM

Georgia because they are in Atlanta...Georgia. If they told the truth about Clemson the fans would turn them off and they'd be out of a job.

I'm guessing Dallas Sports radio doesn't say much about how great we are either...just a hunch.

.......Well.... It's Atlanta....

Jun 27, 2019, 7:48 AM

...And she's a guy , so......

Jun 27, 2019, 8:13 AM

It's the off-season ... what do you want them to do ... talk about the lady soccer kneeler ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic