Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Monte said he is hoping to get Meredith back this weekend.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Monte said he is hoping to get Meredith back this weekend.

Apr 30, 2018, 7:16 PM

He also said when the team was struggling that they changed the way they practice. He didn't go into detail about that, but that is what he said. He said Sam Hall has to stay in the lineup which i think we all knew anyways.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Monte said he is hoping to get Meredith back this weekend.

Apr 30, 2018, 7:31 PM

Any idea what the team batting average is over say the last 10 games? I felt the team was good enough for an Omaha trip if our batting improved. Seems like it has.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2018, 7:32 PM

Give me a minute and ill check

Apr 30, 2018, 7:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Monte said he is hoping to get Meredith back this weekend. ]

Over the last 10 games the team is 94/336. That is a .280 team AVG.
Over the last 5 games the team is 52/167. That is a .311 team AVG.

Apr 30, 2018, 7:42 PM

Need hitting to make a tourney run. We are close if we can keep it up. Plus the HR's have helped and free 90's have our OBP even higher.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2018, 7:47 PM

We have also benefited from wild pitches/pass balls lately.
Nothing like moving runners into scoring position without having to do anything.
The relief pitching has been great too

Apr 30, 2018, 9:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Monte said he is hoping to get Meredith back this weekend. ]

Need to hit with men on bases loaded. Ground ball, fly ball ,hit, walk, bunt. Don't add up how many times this year. No outs,one out, two outs and leaving men stranded time after time.

Apr 30, 2018, 9:10 PM

With alot of power comes alot of strikeouts. When out power hitters go cold, they pop up alot. Strike outs and pop ups lead to unproductive outs. This has not been the case lately. Looks like the team is finally confident at the plate

Pitching Decision.

Apr 30, 2018, 7:49 PM

Did Monte do any confession and repenting over his pitching decisions yesterday?? That was really bad IMHO.

Re: Pitching Decision.

Apr 30, 2018, 7:58 PM

He didn't say word for word that he should've taken him out sooner but he did say Miller ran out of gas. His tone came across regretful to me, but i can't say for sure.

Apr 30, 2018, 7:59 PM

Everyone looks smarter in hindsight and wit a win in pocket... but it was good for him to get some pressure pitches to get him ready for later. Just glad it worked out or it would have looked much dumber.

Apr 30, 2018, 8:04 PM

He needed to throw alot of pitches.
Miller is a candidate to start in a do or die situation if need be in the postseason

Apr 30, 2018, 8:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Pitching Decision. ]

Lead off walk and then a walk, and then a walk, and then a hit. There can be no explanation, except that Monte felt we had a big lead. Lucky to win. Good play by Wilkie.

I learned and hope Monte learned how quickly leads evaporate. I drove 5 hours to see first Miami game. That was painful and I am still feeling it.

Apr 30, 2018, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Pitching Decision. ]

Luckily your opinion means nothing

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2018, 5:07 AM

Neither does yours !! You call him an idiot ! Look in mirror

Apr 30, 2018, 8:19 PM [ in reply to Pitching Decision. ]

didn't we win??

Apr 30, 2018, 7:52 PM

Tough lineup to figure out. Teo has been hitting slightly better but man his defense in center saves runs. Kier is electric but has struggled some in the field. Would love to see Kier DH but how the heck do you take Jolley out? Good problem to have and like I said all along baseball is about getting hot at the right time and have a deep bullpen. Fingers crossed we are setting up for a good post season run.

Edit... didn’t even touch on the Greene vs Hall debate. Both are playing well.

Message was edited by: ClemsonME08

Apr 30, 2018, 7:59 PM

If I remember my stats, Byrd should DH. He's been hot. Cromwell plays third.

Yes Teo is a beast on defense and terrible on offense. He appears to swing for HR every swing. I wish he would focus on making contact.

Apr 30, 2018, 8:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Monte said he is hoping to get Meredith back this weekend. ]

I never thought i would say this but at this point the best lineup needs to be out there. Meredith helps more offensively than Jolly. Here is how you can DH Meredith.

SS Davidson
RF Beer
1B Williams
C Wilkie
3B Byrd/Cromwell
CF Wharton
LF Hall
2B Greene
DH Merdith

Apr 30, 2018, 8:07 PM

No bad.

Apr 30, 2018, 8:08 PM

Not bad (I meant)

Apr 30, 2018, 8:10 PM

Just look at 7-9. Hall/Greene/Meredith. That is a dangerous bottom 3rd of the order right there

Apr 30, 2018, 8:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Monte said he is hoping to get Meredith back this weekend. ]

Not a bad lineup at all... only argument I can make is at this point I think erasing runs in centerfield warrants Teo in the lineup with his bat coming around marginally.

Only problem with that is the Hall/Greene and Cromwell/Byrd debate. All of those guys have been playing really good baseball. Guess that’s why Monte gets paid 6 or 7 figures to figure it out and I’m still waiting on my paycheck from Tigernet.

Apr 30, 2018, 8:15 PM

Yep and to this point it seems who ever he goes with is producing so i trust him to make the right choices.
I think we could have Hall and Greene in the lineup at the same time without having to choose between the 2.
As far as Cromwell goes that is the tough decision. He only has 19 rbi's and that isn't much at all for a guy who has started just about all year. I just don't know if he gives us the BEST lineup. For fun though lets say Cromwell is in. Do you just DH him for Meredith? Or put him at 3rd and move Byrd to 2B? Or just replace Byrd? Tough tough tough

Apr 30, 2018, 9:32 PM

In regard to our best lineup, I would start Greene as DH over Cromwell if a lefty is pitching. Cromwell has
never hit lefties. Also start Meredith against righties and Teo against lefties. I definitely would keep Hall in
the lineup. He has certainly earned it. Another consideration is having Meredith in for Wharton against lefties
as Wharton has been struggling. I'm sure Monte is looking at all possibilities. Either way I'm excited about the
possibilities as the season winds down.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2018, 9:38 PM

The thought of Wharton not being in there crossed my mind but i haven't even come up with a lineup without Wharton only b/c Monte isn't taking him out. He would've by now if he was going to.

Apr 30, 2018, 9:53 PM

why would he take wharton out.

Apr 30, 2018, 10:05 PM

He wouldn't. Even with a .233 avg (Lowest among starters) and .314 obp.
He has 32 RBI's which is 3rd on team and 1 behind Beer.
He also is solid defensively and has a good arm. He is good about throwing to the right bases and not overthrowing cutoff man allowing runners to move up.
Monte could find someone to put in for Wharton that can get on base more, but we have enough guys getting on base right now. We still need a few that drive the runs in. Williams/Beer/Wharton

May 1, 2018, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Monte said he is hoping to get Meredith back this weekend. ]

Against Righties Against Lefties
DH Meredith SS Davidson
SS Davidson 2B Greene
RF Beer RF Beer
1B Williams 1B Williams
2B Byrd LF Hall
C Wilkie C Wilkie
3B Cromwell 3B Cromwell
CF Wharton CF Teodsio
LF Hall DH Meredith

Good Balance against Righties
Teodosio is great defensively and puts up better AB's against lefties
If Jolly gets healthy and gets his timing back, put him at DH against RHP and sit Wharton. Rather have Meredith's speed and bat than Wharton's Defense.

May 1, 2018, 2:00 PM

You're lineup vs lefties i would rather have Byrd at 3B. Off the top of my head he seems to hit lefty pitching better than cromwell. Could be wrong. That 3 HR game Byrd had earlier in the year i think the first 2 were off a lefty.

So many options and this is a good thing. If someone goes cold, yank em and put in the next guy

Apr 30, 2018, 8:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Monte said he is hoping to get Meredith back this weekend. ]

That might not be bad to dh kier when he gets back healthy. Jolly’s good but he’s been a little off lately but as much as I love jolly, we really could use the Speed of Kier with Logan and Teo in at the same time. I like seeing both Kier and Teo bunt for singles.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2018, 8:08 PM

As much as i love Teo's defense, in your scenario if Teo is in CF and Kier DH then wharton is in LF and Sam Hall is at 2B. I feel like Jordan Greene in over Teo. I know they don't play the same position but based off the rotation of personnel that is who it comes down to. Greens OBP is .103 points higher than Teo's and his batting avg is .073 points higher. He needs to be in for offense. We need the best offensive lineup out there.

Apr 30, 2018, 8:12 PM

I definitely can’t argue that as the obp makes the arguement easy. Maybe I’m a bit old school and just like the defensive play he offers. Either way your lineup I like our chances to get out of a regional this year.

Also assuming we aren’t a National seed, maybe advance to Omaha as it seems we play good ball on the road this year with several ACC road sweeps.

Apr 30, 2018, 8:17 PM

Teo is the type of guy that will always get some PT at the end of games at least b/c of his defense.

I just hope we get Coastal instead of a 2 seed SEC team with some lights out pitcher

Apr 30, 2018, 9:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Monte said he is hoping to get Meredith back this weekend. ]

WHAT IS GREEME'S BATTING AVERAGE AND OB% ?

Apr 30, 2018, 9:57 PM

.238 avg. .386 obp

Apr 30, 2018, 9:40 PM

when did they break up?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic