Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Missouri Players list of Demands
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,985

Missouri Players list of Demands

Nov 9, 2015, 12:07 PM

1. We demand that University of Missouri System President, Tim Wolfe, writes a hand-written apology to Concerned Student 1-9-5-0 demonstrators and holds a press conference in the Mizzou Student Center reading the letter. In the letter and at the press conference, Tim Wolfe must acknowledge his white privilege, recognize that systems of oppression exits, and provide a verbal commitment to fulfilling Concerned Student 1-9-5-0 demands. We want Tim Wolfe to admits his gross negligence, allowing his driver to hit one of the demonstrators, consenting to the physical violence of bystanders, and lastly refusing to intervene when Columbia Police Department used excessive force with demonstrators.

2. We demand the immediate removal of Tim Wolfe as UM system president. After his removal, a new amendment to thd UM system policies must be established to have all future UM system president and Chancellor positions be selected by a collective of students, staff, and faculty of diverse backgrounds.

3. We demand that the University of Missouri meets the Legion of Black Collegians’ demands that were presented in the 1969 for the betterment of the black community.

4. We demand that the University of Missouri creates and enforces comprehensive racial awareness and inclusion curriculum throughout all campus departments and units, mandatory for all students, faculty, staff and administration. This curriculum must be vetted, maintained, and overseen by a board comprised of students, staff and faculty of color.

5. We demand that by the academic year 2017-18, the University of Missouri increases the percentage of black faculty and staff members campus-wide by 10 percent.

6. We demand that the University of Missouri composes a strategic 10-year plan on May, 1 2016 that will increase retention rates for marginalized students, sustain diversity curriculum and training, and promote a more safe and inclusive campus.

7. We demand that the University of Missouri increases funding and resources for the University of Missouri Counseling Center for the purpose of hiring additional mental health professionals, particularly those of color, boosting mental health outreach and programming across campus, increasing campus-wide awareness and visibility of the counseling center, and reducing lengthy wait times for prospective clients.

8. We demand that the University of Missouri increases funding, resources and personnel for the social justice centers on campus for the purpose of hiring additional professionals, particularly those of color, boosting outreach and programming across campus and increasing campus-wide awareness and visibility.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I sure am glad we are happy and get along with each other

Nov 9, 2015, 12:16 PM

here in Clemson!!

Re: Missouri Players list of Demands

Nov 9, 2015, 12:16 PM

wonder what the alumni think? Would not be surprised to see contributions to athletics bottom out. If I had a kid at Missouri, they would be looking for transfer options for spring semister. The inmates are truly running the asylum. Surprised they didn't demand something for Michael Sams....

Maybe all the white alumni should acknowledge their

Nov 9, 2015, 12:19 PM

white privilege. This will help race relations.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he's all over it though

Nov 9, 2015, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Missouri Players list of Demands ]

he's been tweeting and making himself a big part of it all

Nov 9, 2015, 12:17 PM

That wasnt the players list of demands.

it was the "protester" groups demands.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I understand that.....

Nov 9, 2015, 12:18 PM

The players were boycotting until the demands were met.

Still makes the list ridiculous.

yes, it became the players' demand***

Nov 9, 2015, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Missouri Players list of Demands ]

null

Message was edited by: RC Tiger®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"particularly those of color"

Does that somehow make a difference?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Mizz donator's new demand...Mizz players don't suck***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That Sam dude did

Nov 9, 2015, 12:20 PM

didn't make it to the NFL because of it either

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh boy. What has Matty Mauk done now?!

Nov 9, 2015, 12:38 PM

Did he pull a Jameis and yell..... well, you know what...?

Nov 9, 2015, 1:31 PM

Throw em' the keys to the front door, and let em' have the whole dang school --- just like all the other issues____________ it's a shame after all these years,we are still where we were 50+++ years ago ?? ---- the choice was made for all ( by our government ) to take prayer & GOD out of the school systems __ this is the results***_________good luck to those,involved,and may GOD help you all !!

er... what?

Nov 9, 2015, 1:47 PM

So we had racism 50+ years ago and we still have it now... and you conclude that it's because we took God out of our schools?

I don't even....

I wonder what the players and their group of protesters offered on their behalf

Nov 9, 2015, 1:44 PM

to make things better at Mizz U? Are did they just issue their list of demands. And it has pissed me off to see so many media sources jump on the players band wagon. Especially ESPN!

Why don't these groups offer up their solutions to the problems instead of always blaming somebody else!!!

Nov 9, 2015, 3:46 PM

You have a link?

I can't beleive they would demand he "must acknowledge his white privilege". That's just idiotic.

I put keep my white privilege in the same trash can I keep my white guilt in.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,985
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic