Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Missed Opportunity
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Missed Opportunity

Nov 2, 2020, 5:05 PM

From a strategic perspective, Dabo disclosing TL’s playing status two days ago makes little sense to me.

Why not keep it internal and force Notre Dame to prepare for two quarterbacks all week? While distracting Notre Dame all week, our team would know the starter and prepared accordingly.

I love our coach but sometimes he’s too honest and transparent. This is an example of just giving away a competitive advantage. In this case, sharing that info just makes it easier on your opponent.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I smell chicken flickings!***

Nov 2, 2020, 5:20 PM

Re: Missed Opportunity

Nov 2, 2020, 5:32 PM

I think the whole "having to prepare for two quarterbacks" thing is overrated. Unless the styles of the two quarterbacks are entirely different then I really don't think the way you prepare on defense is really all that different.

Also in this case, Brian Kelly knows the ACC rules for a player being eligible after COVID so he probably could've easily come to the conclusion that Lawrence wouldn't be playing all on his own.

Nov 2, 2020, 5:59 PM

Plus Swoffie had already called Kelly to reassure him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Actually, that's a very astute observation. Notre Dame wouldn't

Nov 2, 2020, 6:13 PM

be able to simply prepare for TL... a tall, strong-armed QB that can throw it a mile, and is big and tough enough to run it. Instead, they'd also have to prepare for DJ... a tall, strong-armed QB that can throw it a mile, and is big and tough enough to run it. Huge difference there. Dabo is so freaking stupid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

My take

Nov 2, 2020, 7:17 PM

Is he knew TL would not meet the requirements of the ACC. so instead of letting the talking heads decry his actions, and they love to throw Dabo under the bus, and then Dabo “succumbing” to the negative reports about trying to play Trevor even though it would “risk his life for a football game”, he decided to take it out of their hands-mouth and let his team prepare for what will be a tough game by anyone’s standard.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My take, also...***

Nov 2, 2020, 8:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

write Dabo a letter

Nov 2, 2020, 7:21 PM

maybe we'll get us a championship

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Nov 2, 2020, 7:56 PM

Yes, I am sure Brian Kelly can't count 10 days.

Nov 2, 2020, 8:24 PM

My 1st time to post this COOT

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em u6c coot

Nov 2, 2020, 9:08 PM

fno

Re: Tell 'em u6c coot

Nov 2, 2020, 10:03 PM

I’ve been on this board longer than most but rarely post. Now I remember why. I joined in 2003 after we lost to NC State.

My point isn’t illegitimate. Even if Kelly knows the rules, ANY doubt creates a competitive advantage. We have some real idiots on this board. I only hope they didn’t graduate from Clemson and don’t vote. I take pride in the fact that most Clemson fans aren’t jerks. Some of you make it harder than it has to be.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic