Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My new top 10
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

My new top 10

Nov 9, 2019, 11:42 PM

Rank, team, (change from my last poll)
1. LSU (Same)
2. Ohio St (Same)
3. Clemson (+1)
4. Minnesota (+3)
5. Baylor (+1)
6. Oregon (+2)
7. Penn State (-4)
8. UGA (+1)
9. Bama (-4)
10. Oklahoma (New this week)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone with UGA or Bama over Minnesota is committing

Nov 10, 2019, 9:48 AM

the most egregious example of SEC bias of the last 20 years. Minnesota has NO LOSSES and a top 10 win. UGA has a terrible loss. Bama has a loss, no elite wins and a mediocre schedule.

It's not like Minnesota has a schedule to hang their hat on, but I agree***

Nov 10, 2019, 9:51 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Minnesota’s performance is superior to Bama or UGA.

Nov 10, 2019, 9:57 AM

Until Minnesota loses they can’t be put behind UGA or Bama unless we admit bias. UGA plays mostly crap teams too. Bama plays mostly crap teams too. We have to shake ourselves of SEC bias once and for all.

Re: Minnesota’s performance is superior to Bama or UGA.

Nov 10, 2019, 10:02 AM

I agree with all you're saying, but since an average Pitt team almost beat PSU at Happy Valley, many do not consider beating PSU a quality win, and think PSU was over-rated to begin with.

We must remember all judgements must be relative.

Nov 10, 2019, 11:51 AM

When we are discussing ranking teams it makes no sense to mention something good or bad about a team unless you were doing so in direct comparison with another team.

Nov 10, 2019, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Minnesota’s performance is superior to Bama or UGA. ]

They won in overtime against Fresno St and beat Georgia Southern by 3 points lol. They looked good against PSU tho no doubt but I doubt they jump UGA or Bama. If they can beat Iowa and Wisconsin tho they will for sure so it doesn't matter much.

UGA lost to a terrible team. Minnesota hasn’t.

Nov 10, 2019, 2:00 PM

Minnesota has a top 10 win. Bama doesn't. The ONLY reason you rank UGA and BAMA ahead is SEC bias. I think Clemson fans should reject SEC bias.

Re: UGA lost to a terrible team. Minnesota hasn’t.

Nov 10, 2019, 2:53 PM

It has nothing to do with being bias. Bama and UGA have way more talent than Minnesota. UGA I wouldn't he as sure of but Bama would certainly beat Minnesota. If they played you telling me you would get on Minnesota to beat Bama of the odds were even?

I don’t care who the most talented team is. I care about

Nov 10, 2019, 4:13 PM

who is a better football team. And the way we determine the best football team between two options is who wins on the field. Declaring a team to be better, DESPITE records, based on recruiting rankings is absurd. Your opinion is entirely subjective. At least I am basing my opinion partially on something objective. Records.

Re: I don’t care who the most talented team is. I care about

Nov 10, 2019, 4:28 PM

Sorry but you can’t base how good a team is compared to another team if they don’t play the same teams. That’s why college football is so different than any other sport. There are 130 teams. If one team goes 13-0 and plays cupcakes, that doesn’t make them better than a team that’s 11-2 and actually plays a schedule. That’s why being subjective is always going to take Presidents over records. It’s not bias.

Nov 10, 2019, 5:38 PM

Presidents?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 5:49 PM

Yes. Presidents. Obviously.

We know if a team has proven they are not the best.

Nov 11, 2019, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Re: I don’t care who the most talented team is. I care about ]

UGA and Bama has already proven that. Minnesota hasn't. That is an objective fact.

Re: UGA lost to a terrible team. Minnesota hasn’t.

Nov 10, 2019, 6:02 PM [ in reply to Re: UGA lost to a terrible team. Minnesota hasn’t. ]

UGA had waaaaaay more talent therefore they get a auto bid? They; like all teams have to win the games they play. You will never know who will beat any other team until they play the game. Ask Oklahoma, ask Carolina... you win on the field. Still plenty of ball left to sort it out. Win and you're in...

Cant really argue with his picks... it's mess after 3 ....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Minnesota’s performance is superior to Bama or UGA. ]

You can call it bias or the eye test. Either way Bama is better than Minnesota.

It is a fact that you don’t know that for sure.

Nov 10, 2019, 1:58 PM

Basing rankings on guesswork and gut feelings is a silly endeavor. Resume is the only reasonable metric.

i wouldnt know i havent watched them play each other

Nov 10, 2019, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Minnesota’s performance is superior to Bama or UGA. ]

i do know that minn has handled their business and bama has not

Re: i wouldnt know i havent watched them play each other

Nov 10, 2019, 4:30 PM

Minnesota hasn’t played LSU either.

They are both undefeaed, so all arguments are

Nov 11, 2019, 11:11 AM

on the table there. Taking a team with a loss over another power 5 undefeated with a better win is not justifiable though.

Nov 10, 2019, 6:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Minnesota’s performance is superior to Bama or UGA. ]

Oklahoma was better than K-State, Carolina was better than App State, Penn State was better than Minnesota, SEC Tennessee was better than Georgia State, Missouri was better than Vandy, WASU was better than UCLA, Illinois was better than Wisconsin ... except on the field... where it matters. Georgia and Bama are loaded with talent, Georgia in the Sugar Bowl last year got rolled by Texas, score was way closer than the game... play the games and win and you're in...

Nov 10, 2019, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Minnesota’s performance is superior to Bama or UGA. ]

It’s not bias, it’s just good ole common sense. Anyone who thinks Minnesota is a better team than Bama or Georgia just should not comment on college football, ever. It’s about getting the 4 best teams in the playoff. It’s that simple. Minnesota would be a substantial underdog against those two teams. That’s why anyone with any football iq would rank Bama and Georgia higher than Minnesota.

Nov 10, 2019, 6:16 PM

Dumbest comments ever... I just posted all the talking heads can't lose losers... Georgia is one of them.... Carolina was a bye week for Georgia, they lost. That team that beat Georgia? Carolina, they just lost to App State... good thing they don't play the Citadel this year...

The only way to know who's better is to play the game.... Minnesota plays a great game and people don't talk about what a great job PJ Fleck has done with what he has, they talk about Penn State being over rated....

remember when NC played us to a 1 point game? Recall Dab's comments after that game?

And Jawja was a 20+ point favorite against scar.

Nov 10, 2019, 6:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Minnesota’s performance is superior to Bama or UGA. ]

We’re always an underdog against Bammer no matter what.

So I guess we should never be ranked ahead of them?

I don’t think betting lines should be the be all end all.

~JKB

This baseless subjectivity is what ESPN uses. It's called

Nov 11, 2019, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Minnesota’s performance is superior to Bama or UGA. ]

bias. You are extremely overconfident.

Re: My new top 10

Nov 10, 2019, 10:04 AM

ESPN ain’t going to like this. But I do!
Go Tigers!!!!!

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic