Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Former mascot is fighting cancer like a Tiger
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

New Story: Former mascot is fighting cancer like a Tiger

Apr 16, 2016, 8:01 AM

Former mascot is fighting cancer like a Tiger

Most Clemson fans feel like they are Tigers at heart, but Michael Bays takes it to another level. Bays was the beloved Tiger mascot from 1994-1997 and now he is fighting like a Tiger to beat cancer. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers for Michael***

Apr 16, 2016, 8:15 AM

/

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: New Story: Former mascot is fighting cancer like a Tiger

Apr 16, 2016, 8:44 AM

Prayer sent.
Hey davidhood, for future reference, the femur is in the leg. Not the arm.

Mike is arguably one of the strongest ambassadors

Apr 16, 2016, 8:45 AM

For Clemson. He is a great guy and I know that he will conquer this. Clemson nation is praying for you and I look forward to seeing you supporting Clemson well into your retirement years. God bless.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mike is arguably one of the strongest ambassadors

Apr 16, 2016, 11:41 AM

Great guy! I had the pleasure of knowing him when I was a student. Mike, you are an inspiration!

DW

yep, I think he knew everyone on campus

Apr 17, 2016, 9:14 PM

Nm

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thoughts and Prayers

Apr 16, 2016, 8:57 AM

God Bless

GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Apr 16, 2016, 8:59 AM

Prayers for you and your family. I pray for a quick recovery.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have much respect for people fighting cancer

Sep 25, 2019, 3:03 PM

and other difficult diseases. Of course,
people don't fully understand what other
people are going through until they go through
something similar themselves. Cancer fighters
totally deserve our love and support.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As a cancer survivor myself, I cannot agree more with you.

Apr 16, 2016, 11:01 AM

I now have greater sympathy (and empathy) and a whole lot more respect for individuals and families affected by major health issues. We take our health and our loved ones' health for granted.

Word to the wise, and this is especially true for men...

Don't ignore pain in your body as it is your body's way of telling you that something is not right. Don't make excuses to avoid going to a physician. I would not be alive today if I had not gone to my family physician about headaches I was having.

As my family physician told me when I explained the symptoms, "If it is your first or your worst, you probably need to get it checked out."

Be healthy, Tigernetters!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

I had a routine colonoscopy at 50

Apr 16, 2016, 9:33 PM

because my doc said it was a good idea. They found early stage cancer. Had I waited till symptoms, it would have been ugly. I was able to escape with surgery, no chemo or radiation. 3 years 4 months so far!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers for Michael and his family

Apr 16, 2016, 9:41 AM

May God provide healing and strength for Michael.

Prayers for this man's strength and recovery !***

Apr 16, 2016, 10:11 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The resilency and attitude are simultaneously humbling and

Apr 16, 2016, 11:12 AM

inspiring. What a leader this man is.

null

Apr 16, 2016, 11:55 AM

Having known Mike personally for many years, I can't say enough good things about this man. He is the epitome of a fighter and his positive attitude, even during times like these, is what makes him even more special to those around him. The world needs more men like Mike and less whiners and complainers, although I'd give him a pass to whine and complain a little right now, but you'll never see nor hear that from him. He's a hero to me and an inspiration to all those fighting this terrible disease that is cancer. #tigerstrong

Apr 16, 2016, 12:39 PM

Man I know Mike and he always had a smile on his face. Great guy and orange blooded to the core!! Thoughts and prayers go out to him. I feel positive he can beat cancer again!

Apr 16, 2016, 5:08 PM

Mike is a special friend of my family and has been for several years.

The attitude that is portrayed in this article is exactly what he exhibits in person to everyone he comes in contact with.

Mike, You da man !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2016, 10:04 PM

Mike, praying for healing and a quick recovery. Og sregit! And God bless, my friend.

Apr 16, 2016, 11:13 PM

Prayers for his healing!

Saw Michael At Treatment Last Week

Apr 17, 2016, 9:22 AM

At the time I didn't know who he was but I thought I would share this story. Apparently I go to the same Cancer Center as Michael, and I was sitting there waiting to be called back for Chemo and in walks Michael and his friend. I am probably exaggerating this part, but bear with me because this is how it felt to me, but Michael walks in and he might as well had a theme song playing in the background, he was confident, flashing winks and smiles at everyone and bragging about his freshly shaven head, claiming "I figured I would get it before the cancer did". As I sat there I couldn't help but feel lifted and I thought to myself that if he can have that positive of an attitude then so can I. My attitude has been great so far, but I do go through the peaks and valleys, and seeing Michael that day brought me out of a valley immediately.

When I got home I told my wife about this guy in the Clemson sweatshirt going in for Stem cell treatment and how much he affected my attitude that day, and that it is people like him that give us all hope that we can and will beat this.

Michael - Thank you.

Apr 17, 2016, 9:34 AM

I am a 2 time cancer survivor. I truly believe that attitude plays such an important part in recovery. Michael, you certainly have the attitude to defeat this. I also believe in the power of prayer. I got cards from people I didn't even know (friends of friends) and that really lifted my spirits. Please know that I will keep you in my prayers daily. I would like to plan on meeting you at a game in the fall!

FWIW, my mom went through same treatment and is 100% healthy

Apr 17, 2016, 4:48 PM

My mom was diagnosed with multiple myeloma back in 2011 after suffering cracked ribs and vertebrae fractures. We did not know how she broke those bones initially, but the myeloma had progressed to the point that it was eating through her bones. She went through the same treatment that Mike is going through now. Her treatment was successful and she is still 100% cancer free as she approaches 70.

It is my understanding that myeloma is one of the most treatable forms of cancer, though it can have a high reoccurence rate. It normally attacks people older than Mike and closer to my mom's range. My mom got her treatment at MUSC, and the doctors there felt like some of the newer treatments would definitely bring those reoccurence rates down.

I hope Mike's treatment ends up like my mom. Her myeloma was so aggressive that her primary oncologist confessed later that he didn't think she'd make it initially, yet she is going strong here in 2016. It sounds like Mike caught his earlier in the process, as I'm sure he was rightfully on guard after his first bout.

Good luck, Mike. Appreciate the work you are doing to help others while going through this process. I am sure we crossed paths while you were wearing that Tiger suit back in the mid90s.

Apr 17, 2016, 7:41 PM

Good luck and God bless you and your family sir!

Apr 18, 2016, 7:52 AM

Mike and his sister are friends of mine, and I am sending my love and prayers to their family. He's beat it once, he can do it again!

Get r done Mike***

Apr 18, 2016, 9:22 AM

Next time, vote Jabba like you're supposed to.

Apr 19, 2016, 1:18 AM

Remember him well as the mascot...Prayers are sent up to our Heavenly Father for Michael. May He place his healing hands upon him.

Prayers for Tiger Mascot. May God Bless you and your family***

Apr 19, 2016, 4:07 AM

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic