Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mike Williams / Deon Cain
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,807

Mike Williams / Deon Cain

Jan 12, 2016, 8:05 PM

How much did we miss these two guys last night? We moved the ball well, don't get me wrong but Artavis Scott is just not a deep ball guy unless he has plenty of separation. He's just too short to catch jump balls. Peake came on toward the end of the season but still had trouble fighting on hotly contested deep balls. That made us work harder for yardage last night and it is one thing that makes me hopeful for next year is that our deep ball threats return and our offense will be even more explosive as a result.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mike Williams / Deon Cain

Jan 12, 2016, 8:25 PM

We put up 40 points on a team that had a draft pick at every position. Offense was not the problem.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jan 12, 2016, 9:16 PM

Honestly imo (which is only worth as much as monoply money) Clemson left at least 20 points on the field that would have been gained if Cain or Williams was playing. All this being said its sheerly hypothetical and not reality.

The int if out in front of McCloud was probably a TD BC he had that corner beat badly.

Before half the clock management by the refs screwed the tigers out of at least one more play and could easily have resulted in an easier fg or a TD.

Then after the a 3 and out that left clemson on the 50 Watson hit Scott in the hands and he dropped it, that would have been at least a fg there had he caught that 3rd down play.

Then another Scott play was when the tigers were down 31-24 and had to get a fg. Scott was hit in the hands on a fade route in the end zone and dropped it. That's a loss of 4 points.

All of the plays by Scott are routine catches for Williams. Bama made 3-4 more plays then Clemson and the rest is reality and history.

I'm by no means blaming the offense for this loss BTW just pointing out that this offense wont be stopped next year. If the most athletic defense in the country couldn't stop these guys with missed opportunities galore who will be able to on next years schedule?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Scott's drop in the end zone was a PI penalty...

Jan 12, 2016, 10:49 PM

...not even mentioned by the announcers. The DB CLEARLY had cuffed BOTH of Scott's arms preventing him from actually being able to grab the ball.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Boom!***

Jan 12, 2016, 11:05 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2016, 8:26 PM

I agree, really missed the deep ball threat. Imagine this team with Williams healthy all year.

Not as much as we missed just having ABOVE AVERAGE

Jan 12, 2016, 8:58 PM

special teams

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heck...just AVERAGE special teams would be a major improvement!

Jan 12, 2016, 9:02 PM

null

Message was edited by: longtallsam®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not as much as we missed just having ABOVE AVERAGE

Jan 12, 2016, 11:22 PM [ in reply to Not as much as we missed just having ABOVE AVERAGE ]

I would think we may have missed Jay Jay on special teams and MAYBE Lakip IF he was the better at onsides kicks.

Re: Not as much as we missed just having ABOVE AVERAGE

Jan 12, 2016, 11:27 PM [ in reply to Not as much as we missed just having ABOVE AVERAGE ]

I'd settle for average.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Jan 12, 2016, 9:01 PM

This team was pretty incredible... but without any Special Teams presence at all, incomplete...

Wish #1 for 2016, a "real" Special Teams Coach!

Go Tigers... hit the road to Tampa.

Who we really missed was Mackenzie and Korin Wiggins

Jan 12, 2016, 11:16 PM

The Clemson offense was moving the ball fluidly down the field for most drives. A dropped pass or a stymied run here and there caused a few punts. Other than that, mid way through the 3rd Qtr the offense seemed to be dominating Alabama's defense. On defense our Front 7 was doing wonderful at getting pressure on Coker and stuffing the run. They were gashing us on short passes to the slants and underneath for chunk yards. Wiggins usually locks down the zone underneath and Alexander can cover the slant routes with Tankersley and Kearse. Hence we have the no fly zone. I believe we would have had more of a commanding lead with Mike Williams... Deon Cain has yet to start a game. We also need to understand that the Special Teams squad is made up of freshmen and red shirt freshmen. That is our youngest aspect of the team. Busted coverage, and misunderstandings will occur from time to time. Next year our team will be developed better. Strength and conditioning begins now. The weight gain portion begins on Thursday. Our early enrollment players will have a chance to become well acquainted with the team. During the off season, the Coaches have very limited ability to coach them. However, some of our more seasoned veterans can run drills, teach playbook, and condition the new guys to the system. This has been going on for a couple of seasons now. Next year expect to hear names you've never heard. Expect to also see players bigger, more lean, and more mean. The installs can be taught also by upper class players. The weight room, film room, and indoor practice facility is open to the players all the time. The leaders will gather our younger guys and run them through drills without contact of course. They will be ready for Spring Camp. The final aspect that I will leave you with is that some of the players will be assisting Coach Swinney with his football camps. Not only does this provide excellent recruiting opportunities for the school, but it also provides a level of maturity and development for some players as they learn more from teaching it becomes part of their discipline.

GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,807
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic