Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mike Leach has an invitation.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Mike Leach has an invitation.

Oct 1, 2020, 10:31 AM

Man, I hope he wins 8 games this year. Can't imagine how much fun he would have poking the SEC in the eye. (Every since he was at Texas Tech he has continually heard, "Yeah, but that offense would never work in the SEC.")

https://twitter.com/i/status/1310585070848073728

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mike Leach has an invitation.

Oct 1, 2020, 11:27 AM

Saban is going to school Leach on why the offense will not have longevity. Leach’s defense is going to be worn out by Bama.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2020, 11:58 AM

Maybe. There's an option-esque aspect to what Leach does; it's very simple and repetitive but it's also very hard to prepare for at the speed and precision in which he runs it, too. Our worst two blowouts in recent memory at Clemson - that 2002 Tangerine Bowl where Clemson lost 55-15 to Leach's Texas Tech team, and that 70-33 annihilation we took in the 2012 Orange Bowl to West Virginia that you seem to have blocked out of your memory like most of us Clemson fans because thinking on it brings back painful memories, even now - both came courtesy of the Air Raid.

If you aren't ready for it - and we weren't either time, and LSU assuredly wasn't last week - bad stuff can happen.

Alabama probably will prepare better than anybody just because they have 46 coaches or some ridiculous number on staff as "consultants"...but I suspect the rest of the SEC might be in for a period of rather painful re-adjustment for awhile. It's not an easy thing to prepare for.

It'll likely be entertaining for awhile, at any rate.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The tex tech was a far worse beat down

Oct 1, 2020, 12:20 PM

WVU score got out of hand because we couldn't cover the middle of the field.

The tech game was a straight up beat down. Their fight song still haunts me . I haven't been to Orlando since..no disney world for my kids.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Oct 1, 2020, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Mike Leach has an invitation. ]

Q - is exactly right!

In the air raid it's hitch, Y-Sticks, screens, scissors and the occasional deep route to keep the safety honest. Over and Over and Over and Over again! Sometimes if they have a good RB they surprise you with the run game. And that can be brutal to stop because you get so spread out. They will typically get yards and their defense believe it or not "will get rest the BETTER the defense is they play against". If they play an awful defense they score too quick and their own defense won't get rest.
That offense between the 20's is trouble. They get in trouble sometimes if they are not able to get physical enough to deal with jams at the line and less space to work with. Leach will have access to more athletes than he has ever enjoyed at Miss. St.
It will be interesting to see what he does with it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic