Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mike Davis
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Mike Davis

Feb 1, 2015, 1:23 PM

I would hope, given the lack of work ethic in the Clown at SCar and at Houston, someone in the NFL would question all the times Mike Davis took himself out of games. I think he and the Clown are both lazy when compared to Watkins, Spiller, or Beasley.

Just an observation.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Re: Mike Davis

Feb 1, 2015, 1:44 PM

No doubt about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mike Davis is a good kid.***

Feb 1, 2015, 2:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Mike Davis is a good kid.***

Feb 1, 2015, 2:18 PM

I was a good kid but wouldnt cut it in the nfl

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2015, 2:36 PM

What classifies us as good kids? I need to know if I would have been a good college football player and more importantly an nfl player. I would say no I wasnt. But on the other hand I knew kids who were worse than me. From a scale of 1 to 10 I would say I was a 6.7, 1 being good and 10 being bad. This is important guys. Serious answers please.

Feb 1, 2015, 2:51 PM

Where did u play at?

Feb 1, 2015, 3:04 PM

Mostly in mine and a few buddies back yards. Mauldin Rec when I was young.

Feb 1, 2015, 5:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Mike Davis is a good kid.*** ]

Sorry this was intended for this person, not the rec football player. Not only a good kid, a good football player. So stupid that some idiots don't recognize that Bc of the school they play for. It's fun watching good talent, it's fun talking ab good talent without being called a stupid name that none of you would say to my face.

D1 running backs take a beating. Even the hits that don't look like much really take tolls on these guys. Davis is built like a power back, it's just a matter of him wanting to be that and really being useful to a team. Davis has NFL talent. He'll be drafted, if not he'll still be on a team. The school these kids go to has nothing to do with their character or how they will translate to the NFL, take those glasses off and really enjoy the sports world

Feb 1, 2015, 5:23 PM

Haha Imisscj, +1 for "a name they wouldn't call me to my face"...I agree with you in that I can separate a talent from a jersey/helmet/uniform, and mike davis WOULD have been an upgrade over EVERY SINGLE BACK since Ellington. I really liked McDowell, but he was 2/3rds of Davis. I don't knock our coaches OR Davis for his recruitment. IMO he SHOULD have been mad, given the slow-play, especially being James's lil brother.

Anyway, it's over, and I still trust our staff, as they have seemingly had a well thought out plan, and executed it with a pretty high level of precision. Do I agree 100%? Nope. But am I asked (much less, paid) for my thoughts? NOPE! I'm extremely excited to be a fan of THE Clemson Tigers, and a proud member of THE Clemson family.

GO TIGERS!

Feb 1, 2015, 7:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Mike Davis is a good kid.*** ]

Nice speculative rant there

Feb 1, 2015, 8:59 PM

Just the truth, you know it

Yes, It's a reflection of their Coaches!***

Feb 1, 2015, 3:20 PM

Feb 1, 2015, 4:53 PM

> I would hope, given the lack of work ethic in the
> Clown at SCar and at Houston, someone in the NFL
> would question all the times Mike Davis took himself
> out of games. I think he and the Clown are both lazy
> when compared to Watkins, Spiller, or Beasley.
>
> Just an observation.

Nothing wrong with Mike Davis. He carried the load for the better part of three years. Spurrier will ride a RB until the wheels fall off and the kid played hurt and played through pain more than a bit.

Wish we'd have had him. We could have, but we slow-played him and South Carolina swooped in and got a really good RB we should have had the inside track on. He'd have helped a lot - like, a LOT - after Andre Ellington graduated and IMHO he would have started for Clemson the past two years.

We missed on that one, period. No point in trashing the kid because our coaches whiffed on some RB's they had "higher on the board" and we ended up pushing him to South Carolina.

Feb 1, 2015, 5:29 PM

Your memory of his recruitment is much different than mine. We never had much of a chance for him. He did not want to go through college in big brother's shadow. My comment had nothing to do with him being a good or bad person either. I know he had a habit of taking himself out of games, and according to one person I know very close to that program, it often frustrated the coaches.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Feb 1, 2015, 5:40 PM

Awoffordterrier I'm not saying YOU'RE worng, either...I think md had an objective. From what I remember, he and Clemson kinda slow played each other...idk who started it, but it was off from the jump...I kinda think that he made up the whole "I wanna blaze my own trail" in response to us REALLY wanting gurly/marshall...it COULD have been SO much different...but it is what it is...and here we are lol...

GO TIGERS!

Feb 1, 2015, 7:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Mike Davis ]

Ellington was criticized for that too, Spiller was criticized for running out of bounds. There's always something, we would have taken Mike Davis regardless. Best RB in the state the past 2 years

Parter, he wasn't the best running back on his team thisyear***

Feb 1, 2015, 9:01 PM

Should have phrased that differently

Feb 1, 2015, 9:04 PM

Most talented. Most potential, most upside going towards the NFL. Game best translates to the NFL and the way they use RB's. I do agree though, some scar backs ran harder than him. I think Choice will be better than all of those guys

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic