Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Might chickentech fall to a lowly ACC team in their opener??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 2,322

Might chickentech fall to a lowly ACC team in their opener??

Aug 2, 2013, 4:01 PM

At the risk of inviting a ton of negative responses from outraged fans of chickentech (like I care), I think there's a distinct possibility the chickens may lose their opening game to the tar squeals.
Certainly they'll not be taking an ACC school seriously and unc has talent coming back in some key spots---most specifically QB. Even given that Gio Bernard is gone, they'll still have substantial offensive backfield solidified by the return of Bryn Renner(sp).
Overconfidence may result in an 0-1 beginning to the chickens season and would most assuredly slap that goofy smile off their stupid beaks.

Mind you, this is just my opinion

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Though I'd pull for Satan against USuCk it's still difficult

Aug 2, 2013, 4:07 PM

for me to go with the Holes. I'll wear my only blue shirt and take a crap on it when the game is over.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama's not playing them.***

Aug 3, 2013, 2:55 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Might chickentech fall to a lowly ACC team in their opener??

Aug 2, 2013, 4:11 PM

Just my opinion,but if this was a Saturday afternoon game in Chapel Hill,the coots might be caught looking ahead to UGA,but this is a Thursday niter in Columbia,and the only show on tv.
USC won't run away with this game,and the final score might be closer than one would feel comfortable from the # 7 ranked coots,but they will win.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Possible, but doubtful.***

Aug 2, 2013, 4:17 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

You want UNC straight up for $100? ***

Aug 2, 2013, 4:22 PM

nm

Aug 2, 2013, 5:03 PM

Are you talking to yourself?***

Aug 2, 2013, 5:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Yup...

Aug 2, 2013, 9:50 PM

I can't decide whether to take myself up or not.

I shouldn't let myself be drawn in by myself, but he knows how to push my buttons.

On the other hand, I could be privy to some insider info that I don't know about.

It's a delicate situation. I need more time to think on it.

Re: You want UNC straight up for $100? ***

Aug 2, 2013, 9:00 PM [ in reply to You want UNC straight up for $100? *** ]

are those crickets I hear? Apparently someone lacks the courage of their conviction.

Sorry for the delay in response.....we're having spotty

Aug 2, 2013, 9:46 PM

server outages.....todays was our second in the last three days.

Let's see....one maroon wants me to make a bet straight up on a game I can certainly GET points were I to choose to bet on the tarsqueals.....and the other maroon is claiming I am somehow morally deficient by not jumping all over it.

Neither of you have much of a career prospect in the gambling industry.

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sooo...

Aug 2, 2013, 9:53 PM

Your basically arguing that the Blue Bellies are going to beat the spread?

Re: Sooo...

Aug 2, 2013, 10:18 PM

not arguing anything. Just suggesting that unc might "sneak up" on the overconfident chickens because the tarsqueals are better than most people think

And I'm certainly not going to take that bet.

Where's the beef in your supportive evidence?

Aug 3, 2013, 12:10 AM

They have some talent returning in the backfield? Were you hoping others might feel the vibe and provide some sort of favorable follow-up breakdown showing where the Fightin' Swoffies outclassed the coots?

Your hope and $60 will get you a face value ticket to the cockroach where you can watch a quality backfield run for its life behind a sieve of an offensive line.

Recently departed goat meat includes Jonathan Cooper-OG, Travis Bond-OG and Brennan Williams-OT. James Hurst-OT (left) is a key returning starter and by position he'll probably be matched up against Clowney.

Hey, maybe it gets better if we look at the matchups of the defense of the Old North Snake versus the gamecookies offense?

I don't want to rain on your wing or your prayer. Heck, I buy a Powerball ticket every time it gets over a quarter of a billion, but I don't put much hope in winning.

When I think of Tarhole football pulling an upset I think back on what Augustus McCrae said about Jake Spoon in Lonesome Dove, "...too leaky a vessel for anyone to put much hope in."

Aug 2, 2013, 5:23 PM

I think they will move the ball well early with some quick passing. I think we will adjust and make renner hold the ball a little longer and then I think our dl will kill their ol. I think they will stay close until after halftime but we should eventually wear them down and pull away. I do think some of our fans will be worried afterwards because we wont look as good as a lot of our fans expect.

The upset is always possible but we are the better team and its a nighttime home opener. Will be tough for unc to pull out a win.

Aren't they a hurry up spread offense? So a worse version of

Aug 3, 2013, 1:26 AM

Clemson more or less. I think we'll be fine. Especially in our own stadium, it's become somewhat of a monster for opposing teams.

Let me guess though, you have Clemson beating Georgia without much of a problem at all, correct?

The Holes have shown occasionally that they can perform

Aug 3, 2013, 5:29 AM

miracles on the gridiron; however, I believe Spurrier's troops are too well grounded in his game and should have no trouble taking care of business.

Nevertheless, I suppose for us it becomes a battle of two evils...and which we may believe to the greater or lesser. lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2013, 2:47 AM

We definitely have some fans that think UNC will be an easy win. I'm not one of those and I'm actually quite worried about the first game. We typically start off slow and UNC is a good team. I think we win, but it will be closer than we'd like. An upset is very possible.

Replies: 17
| visibility 2,322
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic