Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Might be a stupid question, but....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Might be a stupid question, but....

Dec 26, 2018, 1:41 PM

Why do we allow our players to take supplements that aren't directly approved and provided by our staff? Am I way off, or is this what already happens. I am not familiar with how it all works.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Might be a stupid question, but....

Dec 26, 2018, 1:44 PM

Same reason why we have to build prisons. Some people don’t do things the way they should do things.

Dec 26, 2018, 1:47 PM

you imply knowledge of the situation in the first part and then admit to knowing nothing about it in the second part. SMDH at the stupid question

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2018, 2:00 PM

Gonna need them to start checking the players shampoo for PEDs for now on. Can’t have this happen ever again.

Dec 26, 2018, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Might be a stupid question, but.... ]

So do you have a valid answer as to how it works or are you going to double down with a stupid reply?

It seems that logical rational questions about what happened

Dec 26, 2018, 5:54 PM

are frowned upon. Many are resorting to personal attacks in lieu of logical and rational thought or responses. Perhaps they are just overwhelmed with disappointment that they cannot ask tough questions.

Fact remains, somebody screwed up big time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2018, 8:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Might be a stupid question, but.... ]

It’s my understanding everything given to the players by the staff is labeled ncaa approved. Players are also given a list of banned substances and coached on what to avoid.

If everyone is being completely honest, it sounds like something was contaminated or was a big oversight by the player, trainer, coach or staff member.

That will be the big investigation. To identify how this substance showed up in these three players. Shampoo, creams and salt bath treatments are all possible - remember the largest organ in the body is your skin. And those are three big boys.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2018, 1:49 PM

I am sure our players are repeatedly educated on this subject.

Dec 26, 2018, 2:02 PM

I would assume that for sure, BUT I wonder if we also have supplements that we supply? I wonder what their options are.

Has it been determined...

Dec 26, 2018, 2:06 PM

...that "supplements" are even the villain here? No, it has not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Has it been determined...

Dec 26, 2018, 2:08 PM

Very true. Everyone is just assuming. It would be interesting though to see how such a diverse three all tested positive.

Dec 26, 2018, 2:06 PM

Anyone can buy nutritional supplements from a wide range of sources. Take a drive to your local Walmart or Ingles Pharmacy. Most people involved in athletics or who just work out take nutritional supplements. I buy mine wherever the price seems right. Frankly, I have no idea as to whether they are adulterated or not. I might very well fail a drug screen, and have absolutely no idea why. The pork, beef, and chicken we eat are reportedly filled with drugs that these animals are fed to enhance rapid growth. This has been the topic of wide research and publicity. I'm no fan of the NCAA, and this brouhaha seems like so much BS to me. The coaching staff and university should man up and support our players. This is all total BS.

Dec 26, 2018, 6:07 PM

All the answers to all the questions will come. MAy not be when we want them, but this won’t be the last we have heard of what happpened to our players.

Oh, and Cannon you’re still a coot troll. Not fooling anyone.

Dec 26, 2018, 6:15 PM

We don’t. All supplants are approved before consumption.
The 3 players were exposed to the banned substance possibly in the recovery tank which has Epson salt which err are now finding out might contain the banned substance.

Dec 26, 2018, 6:21 PM

I think the supplements are approved already but there are risks that contaminants get into the product. It’s one of the reasons why three of them have tested positive at such low levels.

Dec 26, 2018, 7:41 PM

Not very much has been explained. Usually the truth is somethere in the middle of the extremes of claims. Dabo says he is certain the players did not take it intentionally, and I beleive that. But the standard is likely making sure you don't take it. What I have read on the internet, and I claim to be no chemist, is that the stuff is put in dietary supplements without disclosing it by name. I do not know where anyone is getting the idea that it may be in shampoo or that if so it can get in testable body liquids. In any case, this is a hard lesson that players cannot take any substance that the staff does not know abut and has not been chemically tested.

Dec 26, 2018, 8:26 PM

The Sharpie marker leaked through their Starbucks cups. Who knew?

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic