Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Midnight Yell
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Midnight Yell

Aug 16, 2019, 8:21 PM

Howdy Tigers...

I promised to let you know when we knew about where Midnight Yell would be for Aggies vs Clemson:
Hillcrest High School Football Stadium, 3665 S Industrial Simpsonville, SC

Midnight the night before the game. I thought there was another thread about it or perhaps mentioned in the Band thread, but couldn't find it. Sorry to clutter the board if it is and just missed it.

Band Thread: https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Re-Aggie-Band-2019-25760968#25760968

A Clemson Tiger asked if it would be acceptable for Tigers to come out to it. Of course! But, also of course, it is an Aggie tradition meant to get us ready for the game (we don't call it a "pep rally", it's "yell practice", but you get the jist). Yell Leaders usually tell a few extremely corney jokes about the opposition, we sing the songs and of course, Yell. Any Tigers that witnessed the full-on spectacle last year in College Station had the full flavor, of course when we travel it will be a smaller affair.

Looking forward to our visit!

Gig 'em

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Midnight Yell

Aug 16, 2019, 8:30 PM

I might just check it out, Thanks for the info .

Go tigers !

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Midnight Yell***

Aug 20, 2019, 6:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Midnight Yell***

Aug 20, 2019, 7:51 PM

Haha... love Star Wars... lol

Aug 16, 2019, 8:30 PM

We hope you and yours have a great time and sorry in advance for the L ??

HC is a good 50 minutes from the promise land so hope you guys have a good turn out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2019, 8:35 PM

All the way back in Simpsonville ? That's sad. Y'all should have been able to do it somewhere on our campus. It's that cool of a tradition. I'm thinking Riggs Field (our soccer stadium) would have been a great place. One thing I promise, you will not get the same reception the coots gave you on your first trip to Columbia. We're a football school. We have tradition. We don't feel compelled to poo-poo on anyone else who brings actual tradition of their own.

The first time y'all came to Columbia you did Midnight Yell Practice from the steps of the State Capital, a great place to gather. And all the idiot Gamecoots showed up to witness it. Sadly, instead of just taking it in and enjoying seeing something cool, they gathered on both sides of your fans on the state house grounds and attempted to shout you down with, "Game ! - ##### !" like the losers they are.

Aug 16, 2019, 9:15 PM

Thanks for the kind words. We kind of like the tradition.

I don't think we have ever had it on an opponent's campus. That would be a fun thing to research, but 95% confident on that. When we were still playing Texas U, we had it on the Texas State Capitol. Let's just say the "coots" as you call them and the "teasips" had a lot of similarities.

As for selection of location for this one, I think they selected it since our Athletic Dept and Association of Former Students expect a lot of Ags to be spending the night in Greenville and Spartanburg. And my understanding is they have to work with the local authorities in site selection due to noise ordinances. So it makes sense they came across a HS willing to host it, and it's only 25-30 mins from hotels in those two towns.

The weirdest places I recall having Midnight Yell on away games due to city ordinances was in Salt Lake City for BYU (inside some community hall) and San Diego for the Holiday Bowl (literally, inside a parking garage). Usually though, outdoor places can be found without breaking ordinances. The funnest was in New York City when we played Florida State there (the docks on Manhattan).

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/all-aggie-tailgate-clemson-2019-registration-65108581520?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Register%20for%20the%20FREE%20tailgate%20here&utm_campaign=EVENT%202019-09%20-%20Clemson%20All-Aggie%20Tailgate

Aug 16, 2019, 9:23 PM

C2Ag93 said:

Thanks for the kind words. We kind of like the tradition.

I don't think we have ever had it on an opponent's campus. That would be a fun thing to research, but 95% confident on that. When we were still playing Texas U, we had it on the Texas State Capitol. Let's just say the "coots" as you call them and the "teasips" had a lot of similarities.

As for selection of location for this one, I think they selected it since our Athletic Dept and Association of Former Students expect a lot of Ags to be spending the night in Greenville and Spartanburg. And my understanding is they have to work with the local authorities in site selection due to noise ordinances. So it makes sense they came across a HS willing to host it, and it's only 25-30 mins from hotels in those two towns.

The weirdest places I recall having Midnight Yell on away games due to city ordinances was in Salt Lake City for BYU (inside some community hall) and San Diego for the Holiday Bowl (literally, inside a parking garage). Usually though, outdoor places can be found without breaking ordinances. The funnest was in New York City when we played Florida State there (the docks on Manhattan).

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/all-aggie-tailgate-clemson-2019-registration-65108581520?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Register%20for%20the%20FREE%20tailgate%20here&utm_campaign=EVENT%202019-09%20-%20Clemson%20All-Aggie%20Tailgate

I can only imagine this tradition gets more fun when everyone is just a little bit lit. And sadly there just aren't any bars right there off I-385.

its simponville.. pull into a field .. put a little crow in

Aug 16, 2019, 11:13 PM

your dixie cup.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Well, 'Gettin' lit' didn't happen in

Aug 20, 2019, 7:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Midnight Yell ]

Salt Lake City! LOL!

I'd think somewhere in the Clemson area would support the 'Yell'. It'd be good PR for both schools...and given the respective military traditions...who's gonna frown on that!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, 'Gettin' lit' didn't happen in

Aug 20, 2019, 8:00 PM

Amen, brother. I've come to learn Clemson has an affinity toward the military tradition as well. Wish the Aggies and the Tigers would make it a permanent rivalry. Rare in this day and age to have such a respectful one based on similar traditions!

Gig 'em

Check your T-Mail

Aug 20, 2019, 8:08 PM

The other T-Netters, naturally, know the story! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know I'd like to hear how the Coots and

Aug 17, 2019, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Midnight Yell ]

The "teasips" are similar.

Seems to me that A&M is more like the Coots. Both thoroughly dominated by their rivals for their entire existence, both massive underachievers and achieving little despite the fan bases self appointed notion of greatness.

Clemson is the only "secondary" state school in the country that has a dominance over the "main" state school. A&M doesn't come close to that

Re: You know I'd like to hear how the Coots and

Aug 20, 2019, 6:07 PM

University of Ohio says hey.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Aug 20, 2019, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Midnight Yell ]

Yell practices at away games are selected by the local A&M clubs, Athletic department does not have any thing to do with the selection, usually not an issue. However, the first yell practice in Carolina after joining the SEC two dumb things happened; one the local A&M club picked the steps of the state capital to do it (just stupid), and Carolina folks who go to that other school, showed up and were predictable in their response. In the days before A&M started to go places outside of the old SWC and try to make a big deal about them as “let’s all share traditions”, (and the earth was still cooling so.....) it was not usual for opposing fans to even know the things were taking place. As for having it on someone else’s campus, not only no, but nooooo. Reason, it’s a tradition to make fun of the other school at Yell practices and jokes are told that in this age of snowflakes and so each nazis, booze, the late hour,...... A&M also has a different language, acronyms and yells that come from an all male military school that can get misconstrued.....

Aug 16, 2019, 8:37 PM

Well I won't be driving that far away from the stadium to see it unfortunately, but I hope it's fun for those that do!

Aug 16, 2019, 8:47 PM

I was there for the midnight yell last year in College Station. Very cool tradition!

Agree with the comments above that you should try to make it happen closer to campus (maybe Pendleton HS) or even on campus. I'm sure you'd have some idiot students trying to cause trouble, but I think there would be a good enough turnout of respectable fans, that would put them in their place pretty quickly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2019, 9:39 PM

Yea bud, if you were there last year, you'd like this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iPRonWTMFM

ALL: I should mention the Midnight Yell on the road is not anywhere close to this, obviously. Hoping we have a good turnout where they chose to have it this year, but would be surprised if it was more than 800-1,000. Everything seems so spread out there!

On campus??

Aug 17, 2019, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Midnight Yell ]

Uh no, we don't want that cultish activity taking place on our campus.

Went to it last year in College Station

Aug 16, 2019, 8:50 PM

Very cool tradition.
For Tigers fans - yes, they practice yells but they also have a speech from the coach and the head yell leader. And then the yell leaders tell corny jokes about the opposition.

Aug 16, 2019, 8:59 PM

Yeah, amazed that it will be held an hour away from Clemson.

I checked and Hillcrest has an away game that Fri night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2019, 9:36 PM

PS - Here's a video of Yell at the SC Capitol.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/watch-texas-am-midnight-yell-outside-south-carolina-state-house/

Aggies are undefeated vs the Gamecocks, btw ;)

That is a bizzare location. Crazy it isn't closer

Aug 16, 2019, 9:46 PM

That's an hour away on the opposite side of Greenville.

Re: That is a bizzare location. Crazy it isn't closer

Aug 17, 2019, 12:56 AM

Geez guys. Probably close to where they staying.I doubt that was just some random location they picked out.

Hopefully the AC is broken on the Aggie busses

Aug 17, 2019, 10:33 AM

Like ours were back in 04 when we stayed an hour away.

Aug 16, 2019, 9:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Midnight Yell ]

That club has many members though worthy on this this site of mentioning ??

C2Ag93 said:

PS - Here's a video of Yell at the SC Capitol.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/watch-texas-am-midnight-yell-outside-south-carolina-state-house/

Aggies are undefeated vs the Gamecocks, btw ;)

Kewl, Hillcrest was my son BigAl's high school

Aug 16, 2019, 9:45 PM

He graduated there in 2014. We live about 4
miles from there. We might hear you yelling.
We may wander by to check it out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2019, 9:45 PM

There are 1000s of Clemson fans in Greenville and hope we are welcome to come view this event. Be sure to remind us once it gets closer.

ok you punk college kids

Aug 16, 2019, 11:11 PM

that is like 5 mins from my house.. can you keep it down to a light mumble? I gotta big game to get up for that Saturday. I need some sleep.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: ok you punk college kids

Aug 17, 2019, 7:35 AM

"I gotta big game to get up for that Saturday." - Saturday? Which game is that?

Hey AGGiE..We really like your fans & traditions But know we have a great rally afterwards..

Aug 17, 2019, 1:05 PM

when we run down onto the field after a win or even a loss..but it's been mostly wins the past years.

You're welcome to come dance on the PAW at midfield..Win or Lose!

Go TiGERS..ROCK!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

some team from Texas. HOnforgs, radiers, bears, skeets,

Aug 20, 2019, 5:16 PM [ in reply to Re: ok you punk college kids ]

skats.... i dunno.. there are so many.

Aug 17, 2019, 4:19 PM

Well that sucks. Not driving an hour. At midnight. To go to this. I was looking forward to it, too.

Hope you guys enjoy it.

Aug 17, 2019, 7:53 PM

Your yell will turn into Silence of the Lambs before half time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hope you guys enjoy it.

Aug 20, 2019, 7:54 PM

Well, people accuse us of being a cult... but were not quite cannibals ;)

Awesome! I never knew y’all did that for road games.

Aug 17, 2019, 7:59 PM

I didn’t make it last year, but was there back in 2004 (when we weren’t very good). One of the coolest experiences ever.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad you cleared that up. From the title, I thought it might

Aug 20, 2019, 6:01 PM

be "What happens upon urination a few days after a Coot has unprotected sex in the parking lot at Willy B."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isn't that by Billy Idol?***

Aug 20, 2019, 6:10 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic