Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Maryland Review
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Maryland Review

Oct 28, 2013, 9:35 AM

Maryland Review

Maryland Review
Sitting in the cold Clemson section for the last time at Byrd Stadium in College Park Saturday, a friend made an interesting observation.  He said, "Maybe we are just spoiled now."

By that he meant maybe our program has gotten to the point where we can win by double digits

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was against Maryland's second string. We've got to play

Oct 28, 2013, 9:39 AM

better than this if we hope to win the rest of our games.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea, don't want to sound too negative after a road conf win

Oct 28, 2013, 11:45 AM

but, that Maryland team has no business scoring 27 on ANYBODY. Must play better if we are to reach 11-1.

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Maryland Review

Oct 28, 2013, 9:41 AM

I'm glad we won and I'm getting used to us not putting teams away when we have a chance. At least our D didnt let us get put away either. So we have the ability to win without playing our best.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CU: #1 and #2 in Plyler's top ten***

Oct 28, 2013, 9:42 AM

Oct 28, 2013, 10:03 AM

A lot of things I'm hearing from people sound as if Tommy Bowden is back. This was a miserable Maryland team that should have been blasted out of their own stadium similar to Florida State against our team. I still see an Oline that is slow and weak with no end in sight with our current recruiting class and strategy , ditto for the secondary. 90% of what people are blaming on Tajh can be aattributed to the line and young receivers. Lets stop sugar coating what our eyes are clearly telling us.

Oct 28, 2013, 10:22 AM

even when we win by a good margin it doesnt seem we blast anyone out of their stadium. Syracuse for example. we seem to lack that want to beat them till they say uncle streak that say a Bama or even Oregon has

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2013, 10:03 AM

A lot of things I'm hearing from people sound as if Tommy Bowden is back. This was a miserable Maryland team that should have been blasted out of their own stadium similar to Florida State against our team. I still see an Oline that is slow and weak with no end in sight with our current recruiting class and strategy , ditto for the secondary. 90% of what people are blaming on Tajh can be aattributed to the line and young receivers. Lets stop sugar coating what our eyes are clearly telling us.

Oct 28, 2013, 10:50 AM

I can see both sides of how to look at this win. On one side, I remember the mid 2000s when beating Maryland on the road by double digits was something to be celebrated with the inconsistency we suffered from then. So yes, we need to recognize that we avoided a hangover after the debacle at home on national TV against the 'Noles.

On the other hand, there is something to be said for our inability to put teams away. At the end of the day, we need to be able to do what Oregon did to UCLA Saturday and score 28 unanswered points (against a top-15 team by the way) and win in convincing fashion. We lose credibility when we leave the door open for "We won, but..." arguments to surface.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic