Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Bill McLellan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,439

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Bill McLellan

Oct 1, 2013, 9:36 AM

Bill McLellan

Bill McLellan
Clemson lost another legend Monday when former athletic director Bill McLellan passed away at the age of 81.  McLellan served Clemson for over 30 years, including 14 years as Director of Athletics.

I didn't know Mr. McLellan well, but I have known his brother, his niece and

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Bill McLellan

Oct 1, 2013, 9:47 AM

As I look back on the Clemson icons who were around that I met or knew when I was there he is about the last tie to coach Howard. When I heard this that made me very sad. Its not that the people there now are bad but these men moved Clemson to what we have today from a very different era.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2013, 8:56 PM

Mickey Thanks for your article on Bill. One of the main reasons I took a job with Clemson athletics was to work for Bill. In my 41 years working in college athletics,there's no doubt in my mind he was the very best AD I worked for. I guess a lot of people would say indeed one of the very AD's
of his time. While working for Bill, he definitely did everything he could to take care of me & my family. Bill loved Clemson with all his heart & soul & worked so hard to get the athletics program at Clemson nationally recognized. What was his reward for all that? Simply to be fired!! And then years later after his retirement, we come crawling back to him asking him to help our athletics program. Naturally he said yes & helped in a lot of different ways up until his death. The Tiger nation has truly lost a Clemson legend,someone that loved & gave his all for Clemson University. GO TIGERS!

Oct 1, 2013, 9:27 PM

During the 1981/82 NCAA investigation , McLellan was known as Bill McTellemDifferent

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,439
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic