Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Mickey.....

Jul 9, 2018, 2:50 PM

.....I know this is out of the blue but I was told if I didn't like hearing him talk golf everyday or every other day I should turn the channel. So I just want to know if I'm off base here or what but I'd like to know how many of you enjoy turning on WCCP home of the Clemson Tigers and having golf shoved down your throats? I know his excuse is you can't talk football 365 but we are in the 2nd leading market when it comes to college football and we are also in the month of college magazines and the start of breaking the season down. I know Mickey write for this site and may see this so if you like all the golf talk then tell us and if you don't tell us. I sat on this for about 2 weeks when he told me to turn the channel so I just wanted to know how other listeners felt. Too me if golf was that interesting and popular then where are all the golf morning radio shows?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey.....

Jul 9, 2018, 3:08 PM

for one it is mickeys show and he can talk about anything he wants. i dont think he shoves golf down our throats. he is an avid golfer and loves the sport. it is now the heat of the golf season with all the majors. if you want to learn anything about clemson football then mickeys show is the one to catch. he has more sources by far than any other host on there. maybe you could just listen to the coot that follows mickey or the idiot qualk that follows the coot or the bombastic buffoon that follows qualk. and hey next week you can listen to phil korncoot on our flagship station. maybe you better be careful what you wish for.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2018, 6:26 PM

I thought this was going to be a new show Phil kornbluth is on six to eight .

its down time brother

Jul 9, 2018, 3:17 PM

when football ramps back up it will be back 24/7. I'm assuming there is not much football news so he goes into something that is in full swing at the moment. everybody gets a little irritated during the down time b/c we all want it to be football season already. I feel your pain but give Mickey a little grace and let him talk about golf from time to time. I can appreciate it during this time of the year but i might have a question or two if he was talking golf for half the show in October. All you can really do this time of year is give the "who's the top 5 clemson tigers football players of all time" type shows.

So if golf isn't' your thang... then he's giving you permission to flip the dial or turn it off.

Re: its down time brother

Jul 9, 2018, 3:20 PM

would much rather hear golf talk than the endless barrage of nba on the other shows. mickey doesnt do much nba.

Mickey doesn't understand basketball, why would he talk

Jul 9, 2018, 3:27 PM

about it?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What would you say is the topic that Mickey...

Jul 9, 2018, 3:53 PM

does understand?

Re: What would you say is the topic that Mickey...

Jul 9, 2018, 4:11 PM

Well, I don't understand him. Talks too ### fast

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What would you say is the topic that Mickey...

Jul 9, 2018, 4:39 PM [ in reply to What would you say is the topic that Mickey... ]

i am quite sure he understands way more than you.

Then why doesn't it ever show?***

Jul 9, 2018, 4:53 PM

Bosey Boggs? Blue Ridge Co-op?***

Jul 9, 2018, 4:52 PM [ in reply to What would you say is the topic that Mickey... ]

Re: its down time brother

Jul 9, 2018, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Re: its down time brother ]

Hey, you could always talk about the world cup - now that'd be REAL exciting. Golf's pretty big in South Carolina. You never know that 14 yr old might be out there listening and decide to come play for the tigers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now I might be the one to start this thread if he talked World Cup

Jul 9, 2018, 8:27 PM

I’d rather you talk cornhole championship before you talk World Cup. I can’t take the constant flopping and whining that comes with soccer on every play. It’s like watching Duke in Cameron indoor.

I took his advice, you should too...His show is crap,

Jul 9, 2018, 3:34 PM

especially during football season when the kool-aid flows freely and he tries to convince people that last year's offense was better than the two previous years out of one side of his mouth while also falling back on the tried and true "Did you think we would be better without DW?" out of the other

Re: I took his advice, you should too...His show is crap,

Jul 9, 2018, 4:40 PM

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

Is that what you do when you can't substantively respond to

Jul 9, 2018, 4:51 PM

my valid criticisms?

W H O ? ? ? ?***

Jul 9, 2018, 4:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Jul 9, 2018, 4:30 PM

I do enjoy golf and at least the conversation is newsworthy. BYW there is a Golf channel on TV and Sirius/XM so there is interest out there. I'm as ready as the next fan for kickoff in the valley, but I would rather hear discussion of golf than endless chatter about which game Kelly Bryant will be benched. Let's at least wait until Dabo's media event before we go non-stop football.

Jul 9, 2018, 4:48 PM

I enjoy PGA Tour talk and of course Clemson Tiger Golf talk. Once practice starts and the majors are over golf will disappear.
What I really want to hear about on my way to work is the Tour de France!!!! How would you like that?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

When he goes on and on about golf or fishing or

Jul 9, 2018, 5:31 PM

anything else I don't care about, I do what I do with any other radio station - I change it. When he's talking Clemson football, baseball, or basketball, I usually listen, and will continue to do so until there is a better alternative. Right now, there is zero alternative when it comes to Clemson sports.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jul 10, 2018, 12:22 PM

Qualk and Kelly are spending the entire opening segment discussing gender reveals.. can’t get much worse than that

Jul 10, 2018, 12:26 PM

Agree way way way too much golf talk

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic