Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Miami at Clemson kickoff slated for Noon
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 60
| visibility 1

Sep 26, 2010, 9:12 AM

The Miami Hurricanes at Clemson game set for this Saturday will kickoff at noon, aocording the to the ACC. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

crap***

Sep 26, 2010, 9:13 AM

Let the whining commence...***

Re: Let the whining commence...***

Sep 26, 2010, 9:20 AM

You got that right.

Sep 26, 2010, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Let the whining commence...*** ]

Should we be happy?

I'm not in a position to make that decision for you.***

Sep 26, 2010, 9:33 AM

Yes. Because you're not gonna change the kickoff time.

Sep 26, 2010, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Let the whining commence...*** ]

The players will be ready, and the "fans" need to be right there with them.

Not this fan, I could only attend a 3 or later game, CRAAAP!***

Sep 26, 2010, 12:55 PM

Sep 26, 2010, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Let the whining commence...*** ]

Well, I guess ESECPN made and epic fail. Get the better games out of the way in the middle of the day. Turn the TV'S off and do other things instead of watching crappy games in the afternoon. I'll just plan to winterize the pool after the game. After all, our depth will work out well for us in the heat of the day. GOOOOOOO TIGERSSSS !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HA HA. All the people that like the 12pm games are the

Sep 26, 2010, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Let the whining commence...*** ]

ones that live within 2 hours. Let 'em try 6 hours....then they will like the later games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: HA HA. All the people that like the 12pm games are the

Sep 27, 2010, 8:19 AM

i live about 22 hour plane ride away. i like the noon games cause i dont have to wait till sunday dawn to watch my tigers.

Well that does

not make me happy!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Miami at Clemson kickoff slated for Noon

Sep 26, 2010, 9:21 AM

Total @@@@@$$&@$&$$&&@&&@()$$)&&(@$() bs.

Stupid N.C. State...

Sep 26, 2010, 9:35 AM

they beat a couple of mediocre teams to go 4-0 and so them and VT get the 3:30 spot. Clemson and Miami is a much better matchup.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I totally agree, but you know what....NC State/VT may

Sep 26, 2010, 11:19 AM

be one heck of a game. I know CLEMSON/Miami will be.

NC State may be the team in the ATL we have to knock off to win it.

Re: I totally agree, but you know what....NC State/VT may

Sep 27, 2010, 9:52 AM

Except they are in our division so they won't be. We will have to beat them at home later this year.

Sep 26, 2010, 9:43 AM

I think it's to the home team's advantage to have a later game time. Nothing a visiting team hates worse than sitting around all day waiting for the game. Crowds are more rowdy for later games, too.

For the most part, Clemson has played very well

Sep 26, 2010, 9:46 AM

in home games at noon.

Of course there are a few exceptions (as there would be with any team), so there is no need to list those here.

STOP ALL WHINNING!!!

Sep 26, 2010, 10:13 AM

If you want to complain about the time!!! GIVE YOUR TICKETS TO ME!!

tjh188 - if you get some tickets can you help a brotha out?

Sep 26, 2010, 11:23 AM

I may actually be able to attend the game now. Have a wedding Sunday morning, Pawley's Island. Stupid Gamecock fans...their week off, but a big weekend for us.I can make the drive after a noon game!

Re: STOP ALL WHINNING!!!

Sep 26, 2010, 2:40 PM [ in reply to STOP ALL WHINNING!!! ]

Right on brother.

Was I supposed to come and find you or something?

Sep 26, 2010, 4:29 PM

I still have no idea what your links in this thread were supposed to prove.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=9523557

Re: Was I supposed to come and find you or something?

Sep 27, 2010, 8:24 AM

i think you were supposed to tmail him the gametime.

if it means anything, it's after 7pm saturday night for me.

Sep 26, 2010, 10:22 AM

well at least the old people will be happy. and its noon so don't complain when the student sections only 2/3rds full at kickoff

People should complain about that

Sep 26, 2010, 11:24 AM

It's not like its at 7 am, and the students are already ON CAMPUS, so its not that hard to get to the stadium.

GO TIGERS

Re: People should complain about that

Sep 26, 2010, 11:38 AM

Do you realize the percentage of students that actually live on campus? I don't know the number but it's just freshman, the sorority halls in the horseshoe, the fraternity quad, and stadium suites. Lightsy Bridge and Thornhill village you can throw in there too, but that's still NOBODY. I'm not saying the student section shouldn't be full, cause it should, but you should get your facts right and realize the pain that it is for off campus students to get to the games on saturdays. They don't get the luxury of parking passes.

My heart bleeds for them...not***

Sep 26, 2010, 11:49 AM

Are you freakin serious?

Sep 26, 2010, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: People should complain about that ]

You think it's putting students out to get to the game by noon because they live "off campus"? Give it a rest.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Most Freshman and sophomores live on campus

Sep 26, 2010, 1:40 PM [ in reply to Re: People should complain about that ]

All students should attend all home games. Drunken frat boys and sorostitutes are the reasons for empty seats in the student sections. They show up for 5 minutes of the game wearing pink and green bowties and acting like idiots who would rather slap each others butts that watch football.

There.

Re: Most Freshman and sophomores live on campus

Sep 26, 2010, 2:25 PM

I never said the student section shouldn't be full every game. It should be. But where do these sophomores live? I'm curious to learn since you seem to know so much.

And those "drunken frat boys and sorostitutes" wear orange just like everyone else. You act like they are cheering for the opposing team. The greeks are much more than just drunks and if you have as big of a problem with the greeks as you seem to, then just don't support or enjoy the things at Clemson that greeks have a prominent hand in.

So this weekend, don't go by Bowman and look at the floats, don't go to Tigerama, don't watch any skits at Tigerama, don't go to any of the parts of campus sponsored by greek organizations (for example the Scroll of Honor Memorial), and I hope you don't care for most student organizations on campus including Student Government, Blue Key, Student Alumni Council, and many others because greeks are prominent members of all of all those things.

If this is all of the things that 17% of the population does, what is the other 83% doing? I'm not saying that there aren't many others who give their time and effort to the Clemson community, but it seems to be quite a disproportionate amount that the greek community does.

Everybody at this school wears and bleeds orange. I'm glad your lack of knowledge or ignorance makes you sleep better at night but it seems from your eloquent post that you are just against people having a great time and supporting the school they love at the same time. I will be there on Saturday the entire game just as I have been my entire life. I have more than just my team to cheer for, but I have friends that are on the team to cheer for, as well. What state of mind I might be in is of no concern to you, but, instead, I hope what I do with my life and my time here at Clemson does.

3,300 students, 3.14 GPA, 94% retention rate, 197 education programs, 28,029 service hours and $181,492 donated to charity.

still a weak argument

Sep 26, 2010, 2:31 PM

i lived off campus for 3 years, never had any problem getting to the game for any kick off. load up, park at kite hill and walk if you have to. i do that now and i live 3 hours away. oh the things i would give to live 3 miles away.

also, the other 83% of the population is doing the exact same things the 17% you mentioned are (SGA, Blue Key, honor societies, etc.), except they're actually still allowed to have alcohol.

1 former student, 3.7 GPA, 100% retention rate, 1 education program, 15 service hours, 20 bucks donated to charity.

p.s. i'm just messing with you, so don't freak out.

Re: still a weak argument

Sep 26, 2010, 3:43 PM

> i lived off campus for 3 years, never had any problem
> getting to the game for any kick off. load up, park
> at kite hill and walk if you have to. i do that now
> and i live 3 hours away. oh the things i would give
> to live 3 miles away.

This. I would give you 100 points if I could for this statement.

They are in town. You can walk across town in 3o minutes or

Sep 26, 2010, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Re: People should complain about that ]

less.....And that is half sloshed

Sep 26, 2010, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Miami at Clemson kickoff slated for Noon ]

not saying its right for the student section not to be full at kickoff (i'll certainly be there in plenty of time), just pointing out the reality of the situation when we have noon games.

And now I can't change my hotel reservation from Saturday

Sep 26, 2010, 12:15 PM

to Friday, great. Hope you old people & family people are happy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

LOL....who are you complaining to?

Sep 26, 2010, 1:40 PM

Noon games are a fairly common thing, to assume we won't have any is a bit naive.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

When I made the reservation, it was safe to assume that

Sep 26, 2010, 2:31 PM

this game would've been a 3:30 or 7:00 game. This is one of the biggest games in the ACC and a probable match-up for the ACC Championship.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL.."safe to assume", that's one big leap.***

Sep 26, 2010, 7:48 PM

Re: LOL.."safe to assume", that's one big leap.***

Sep 26, 2010, 8:49 PM

Just start tailgating at 6 AM.

All the hotels I called would not give a one night reservati

Sep 26, 2010, 2:43 PM [ in reply to And now I can't change my hotel reservation from Saturday ]

where you staying? Will they do that for all games?

Re: All the hotels I called would not give a one night reservati

Sep 27, 2010, 8:27 AM

none of them do. the post reeks of bs.

Several in Anderson do smartass. Comfort Suites right

Sep 28, 2010, 9:55 AM

off of I-85. Also the Johnson Inn & Fairfield Inn I've stayed at on just Saturday...

Re: And now I can't change my hotel reservation from Saturday

Sep 26, 2010, 5:10 PM [ in reply to And now I can't change my hotel reservation from Saturday ]

I'm probably what you consider an old person and you are a jerk. I hate noon games. Hard to setup and have any tailgate time. You lose the entire day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Talk about some thin skin.***

Sep 28, 2010, 9:55 AM

YES!!!!...We got the best slot!

Sep 26, 2010, 12:21 PM

Guess the drunks will have to start drinking early.ugh

Sep 26, 2010, 12:27 PM

Cool I can attend and be home for supper.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

I wonder why (2-2) VT & unranked NCSU got the 3:30 ABC slot.

Sep 26, 2010, 1:22 PM

After VT got beat by BSU and JMU, I'm surprised that ESPN put the VT-NCSU game in the 3:30PM slot instead of a ranked Miami and a 1-loss Clemson team that played a thrilling game on ESPN in Auburn. Heck, the last 3 games between Miami and Clemson were decided in OT, which shold be good for ratings. I wonder if it's because Clemson & Miami are smaller schools and thus have less alumni to watch the games? Anybody know why for certain?

I wonder what the point spread will be on those games.

Oops. NCSU now ranked #23, but still... Miami is ranked #16***

Sep 26, 2010, 1:47 PM

The world doesn't revolve around us. ***

Sep 26, 2010, 2:39 PM

Re: I wonder why (2-2) VT & unranked NCSU got the 3:30 ABC slot.

Sep 26, 2010, 3:42 PM [ in reply to I wonder why (2-2) VT & unranked NCSU got the 3:30 ABC slot. ]

Well, let's face facts. VT blanked a very good BC team in Boston, and NC State demolished a GT team that everyone thinks is the toughest team in the conference (if not the country) to game plan against. They're the hot ticket right now. Clemson's coming off a bye week. We and Miami might both be really good teams, but we're not the hot item this week.

BC and GT aren't very good, but you're right that the

Sep 27, 2010, 2:16 PM

perception doesn't match the reality. Same with NC State, which has suddenly become ridiculously overrated.

Sep 26, 2010, 1:51 PM

That totally sucks! I hate noon games.

Sep 26, 2010, 4:07 PM

let's quit whining...tee that sucker up WHENEVER...and Tigers, kick some 'Cane butt!!!

It is what it is.

Sep 26, 2010, 4:41 PM

The students should be there. People have been pumped for the game since school started. The line last week for Iptay tickets showed this.

Sep 26, 2010, 4:43 PM

Well at least DMac likes it...he says he hates waiting all day to play. Hopefully he will play like he did last year vs. them.

Sep 26, 2010, 4:50 PM

At least I won't have any trouble remembering the game.

Sep 26, 2010, 9:45 PM

Wow, what a disappointment. As much as everyone is going to have their own likes and dislikes, it is difficult to disagree that the crowd is much more excited and electric for an evening game. Yes, I realize that is generally a result of alchol consumption. My number one reason for enjoying the night games is that I enjoy the few Saturdays we get each year to spend a nice day of enjoying family and friends on the campus of Clemson before a football game. Either way, I will be there but I must admit that the morning will be rushed in an attempt to enjoy the day. Go Tigers!

Sep 27, 2010, 6:47 AM

I guess the readership of these blogs are "young" and don't remember that college football games were played in front of an audience of students and locals for the most part.All games started at or around the noon hour.Only with big time T.V. did these schedules move into the afternoon and evening.Just go,enjoy,support the Tigers and quit whining. Trust me,you will get old sooner than you think and will not be able to stay up for the evening games.

Sep 27, 2010, 9:57 AM

Say what you want but noon games suc and blow chunks! They mean we are irrelevant,they are a hassle to get ready for. It's a heck of alot more fun to have a game to look forward to and cook and party with your tiger buddies than have it over and done with by 3:00 friggin o'clock. If we loose at night you can take your depressed a$$ to bed, if victory you can take your happy a$$ to bed with sweet dreams. Sorry travelers but its the way I feel and I do feel your late game pain been there. I hope I' m never to old to not be able to stay up for a tiger game esp a big game like this one. If I'm that old I probably won't remember clemson anyway. Go Tigers!

good! noon game means i only have to wait until

Sep 27, 2010, 8:17 AM

11 pm to watch it...... it really sucked waiting until 6 am last sunday morning to watch clemson/auburn

Sep 27, 2010, 12:04 PM

Is there any possibility of the game time being changed? I want to say the FSU game time was changed from noon to night a few years ago?

Replies: 60
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic