Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Meyer is on administration leave, but he WILL be fired unless he steps down first
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 3,844

Meyer is on administration leave, but he WILL be fired unless he steps down first

Aug 1, 2018, 8:41 PM

That is the only way this can end in the right way. I’m never for firing people unless they have earned that right. Multiple offender and a serious lack of character is catching up to him. He has always had controversy follow him and that following catches up sooner or later.

He ran from Florida! Sure he may have been ill and burned out but when O S U came calling he ran back. Suspect, YES. Florida violations, player issues, Hernandez case, all under his watch. Was he oblivious ??? I think not as head coach. He knew darn well what was happening, maybe not he had a killer on his team but he knew there was problems and skipped town.

Now we know he hired a coach who had already had domestic violence issues with his wife. Urban has records of this, hired him anyway. Thus enabling and empowering him, all while his wife was conversing with his wife about this issue. Suspect, YES. Urban knew what was happening and instead of doing the right thing he swept it under the rug. That rug has been pulled from under Urban and he is now done. Finished. He will step down or the AD will be firing him once this investigation is over. The investigation is over by the way, all this is public knowledge and can be found in court records. In 2009 and multiple times since then after hired in O S U in 2015.

Now, with that said. Urban is done He has no morals, no ethics, no fiber of decency in his soul. He is pure unfiltered WIN WIN WIN and all else be ######. I hope he never coaches a kid again. No excuses, none of this “I didn’t know” BS!!!! If this happened with Dabo I would feel exactly the same way but it never will. Dabo distances himself from trash and while he will help anyone he can, he knows a persons true character and chooses wisely those he puts in the Clemson Tiger program. Urban has no such ability, he is pure evil.

I do not know all of the facts of this case. Unfortunately for Urban, what is known by facts and evidence from report today sheds all the light needed. Plus history gives perspective and it just is very nasty. This guy needs to be home, away from society, and not around kids, EVER!!!

He made his bed by choices, now he will get to lay in it. Forgiveness is not ours to give, may he find redemption in his life.

Dabo Swinney, THANK YOU!!! You are such a great example of structure and dedication to doing things better. Clemson is blessed to have you and wow is it a great time to be a Clemson Tiger fan. Now is a great time to be a Clemson Tiger player. It’s a great time to be a Clemson Tiger student. By doing things the right way, great things follow. ACC Championships, National Championships, and winning in general is awesome. BUT Dabo is much deeper than that. He wants these young men to become great adults. Contributors to society! Great father’s, great sons, great brothers, great people. Yes he wants the team to win! But when the game is not being played is where these young men will live most of their lives and this is where Dabo wants them to excel as much as they succeed on the field. That is CHARACTER and MORAL, that Is Dabo Swinney 100%

Bye Urban, you will not be missed!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Meyer is on administration leave, but he WILL be fired unless he steps down first

Aug 1, 2018, 8:45 PM

Two long , read 2wice

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Yea, it was long but I feel better having written it

Aug 1, 2018, 8:47 PM

Basically, Urban Meyer is bad guy and Dabo is the man. Nothing new and we all knew it already. OSU is only place that didn’t.

emotional POTD

Aug 1, 2018, 8:54 PM

I think he's fired for sure.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: emotional POTD

Aug 1, 2018, 9:05 PM

Dang it..I wanted to shut him out for the second time in his career.

Dabo does things the right way...

Aug 1, 2018, 9:03 PM

Coaches like urban..

Not so much....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Meyer is on administration leave, but he WILL be fired unless he steps down first

Aug 1, 2018, 9:09 PM

Aug 1, 2018, 9:10 PM

Urban Meyer and you don't get along very well I assume.

I’m sure he is a real hoot at high school reunions

Aug 1, 2018, 9:14 PM

other than that, not much substance there.

Re: I’m sure he is a real hoot at high school reunions

Aug 1, 2018, 9:28 PM

I see evidence and wrong doing by Urban but I also saw texts that the victim stated she doesn't know if Urban ever knew just that his wife did but nobody ever stated that Urban was informed. When Urban fired him he claimed that's when he found out, the UF incident he did take action and informed his boss and they took action.

Aug 1, 2018, 9:16 PM

Take a breathe, it will be ok man. Even if he is fired from OSU then another school will pick him up in a heartbeat, he is the 2nd or 3rd active winningest coach so a school will def pick him up. I def agree he was very wrong for this and just swept stuff under the rug with Florida, if it wasn’t for Tebow that program would be known as straight thugs. They had LBs poking ppl eyes and dirty af but everyone loved Tebow so it was overlooked. No golden boy at OSU to cover for him but don’t know if he will be fired due to who he is and he does win games, sadly that’s all a lot of schools think about. Go Tigers!!

Winning at all cost mentality is not so easy in 2018

Aug 1, 2018, 9:25 PM

I’m not offended or anything like that, just know that he will continue to do things the wrong way wherever he goes. It’s just him, he has no sense of right/wrong, but it’s all wins/losses. He has lost his humanity and it’s sad. Breathing just fine here, Urban even used that excuse once to get out of Florida before he was fired there.

Still hope O S U has good season. It’s fun to watch Dabo and the Tigers kick their tails ?? ?? ??

Aug 1, 2018, 9:22 PM

Dude, remember who you're talking about. It's OSU. They once had an out of control coach but never addressed it until he slugged an opposing player.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Aug 1, 2018, 9:23 PM

Excuse me. The OSU

null

Aug 2, 2018, 7:11 AM

OSU lost "the" to us on the field. They'll have to beat us to get it back.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are right, if it was 1978 this would not even be a topic

Aug 1, 2018, 9:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Meyer is on administration leave, but he WILL be fired unless he steps down first ]

But that swing from Woody was epic meltdown. Is it bad that I would like to see Urban break down and throw a punch to get fired like Woody ??? That would be fun to see

Aug 1, 2018, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Meyer is on administration leave, but he WILL be fired unless he steps down first ]

Aug 2, 2018, 4:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Meyer is on administration leave, but he WILL be fired unless he steps down first ]

Reply to your post, the times have changed and IMO not for the better if you look at the overall perspective and the moral health and integrity of sports.

Agree UM should face some type of discipline if he knew the facts and still made the hire.

But I am concerned we are crossing a very dangerous line inviting our employers and the government to exercise even more control over our personal lives telling us what they think is right and wrong. I do not condone domestic violence of any kind. But before you destroy someone in the court of public opinion allowing the media to grow ever more powerful in leading us like blind sheep we should take a step back to see how unprivate our private lives have become thanks to Social Media.

I consider social media one of the biggest problems our society faces today. For example the reporter who went back 10 years in a persons life to see what his opinions were when he was 15 or 16 years old looking at his tweeter account.

Things that we use to handle as a family privately in our homes behind closed doors now plays out in The tabloids or on YouTube, ESPN, Facebook etc...

We are very quick to act as judge , jury and executioner. We don’t stop and think about the long term consequences and destruction left behind. Once it’s out there it just goes viral.

As this problem relates to Sports we as fans are as much to blame as the Urban Meyers’s and Rick Patino’s of the world are. We demand our coaches be fired if they fail to win and win quickly. Think how many times you have stepped across some line that if people knew about you life it would cost you your job, your family and you are trashed all over social media, the radio, TV, websites like Tigernet etc.. I know there are things in my life I regret and I would not want to be public. Some young foolish mistakes others old foolish mistakes. I am sure everyone on TNet has some skeletons they would like to keep in their closet.

Who among us can put his entire life on display for the rest of us to examine then pass judgment on you. Possibly ruining your career, your marriage, destroying families. Who do you know that could pass the perfection litmus test??? In today’s world of political correctness a single racial slur could ruin your life. When did we start passing judgement so harshly??? And it seems as though many almost take some sadistic pleasure in bringing someone down.

All I can say is May God have mercy on us all!
And thank you God for loving us unconditionally, forgiving us time and time again and restoring us to your good graces.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So in other words...

Aug 1, 2018, 9:29 PM

Louisville or some $-EZ school will hire him almost immediately after Ohio State cans him.

Wouldn't it be funny of Michigan fires Harbaugh and hires Urban?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Yes it would. 2 peas in a pod***

Aug 1, 2018, 9:31 PM

^^ correct - next stop LSU***

Aug 1, 2018, 9:36 PM [ in reply to So in other words... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2018, 11:09 PM

"Shelley said she was going to have to tell Urban," Courtney Smith told Stadium. "I said: 'That's fine, you should tell Urban.'"

--------

Okay, maybe I missed it, but where is the proof that Urban's wife told Urban?

IMO - if Urban's wife wants Urban to keep his great job, then all she has to say is "I never chose to tell Urban". Yes, it makes her look like scum, but Urban keeps his job. No way can OSU fire the guy unless she admits to telling him.

So, bottom line, is there proof that she told Urban? Has she admitted doing that? Will she testify to that against her husband and make him lose his job? THAT is the ONLY way he will be fired.

I'm not saying it's right, but OSU can't do anything to Urban unless she makes it happen.

I somewhat agree although she could have told someone else

Aug 2, 2018, 6:28 AM

that she told Urban about it and they could testify. I really think OSU will not dig that hard though because they want to keep him as coach above all costs unless he has really pissed the wrong person off after he received his most recent contract extension.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 3,844
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic