Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Met ND fans in Reno, NV this weekend
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,472

Met ND fans in Reno, NV this weekend

Aug 24, 2015, 1:56 PM

Sitting at the black jack table in Reno with my Clemson wallet sitting right in front of me on the table. When a guy probably 28 or so, older than me, sits down next to me. First thing he says is "Clemson fan huh?" So obviously we get to talking and he tells me his sister graduated from Clemson last year but him and his dad are die hard Note Dame fans. Then he tells me that him and his dad bought season tickets for Clemson this year just so they can make the ND game and he's looking to sell the rest.
So of course I got his number and he's selling me his tickets to GT, Boston College and Florida State all at face. Can't wait to get back out to see the Tigers play this season!!
Also made me wonder if very many Notre Dame fans were able to do this...? I doubt it, but just a thought. I didn't think it was too easy to get season tickets for Clemson but really don't have any idea!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where did IPTAY seat them?***

Aug 24, 2015, 2:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: Where did IPTAY seat them?***

Aug 24, 2015, 2:09 PM

Didn't get a row number from him but he said upper deck 35 yard line. Assuming on visitor side.

I've been donating for over a decade. . I'm sitting

Aug 24, 2015, 2:23 PM

Tdn around 35 yard line . :(

Friken Irish and thier magically delicious lucky charms.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Domers will fill uP more seats than we care to know, IMHO!

Aug 24, 2015, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Where did IPTAY seat them?*** ]

But more the merrier when Clemson takes them down on national TV.

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds almost too good to be true...

Aug 24, 2015, 2:31 PM

And at a black-jack table in Reno?? Make double sure those aren't counterfeits. It's highly unlikely a non-IPTAY season ticket purchase would be in such green pastures seating wise.

Word to the wise my friend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's my thought too

Aug 24, 2015, 2:37 PM

Theoretically they could have donated a good chunk of change to IPTAY and got decent seats, just to attend the ND game, but if they did I doubt they would sell other tickets to a stranger for face value. I'd be very worried that the tickets are fake.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

It's a sad day when you can't trust a random dude at the black Jack table.***

Aug 24, 2015, 2:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Especially in a fine city like Reno***

Aug 24, 2015, 2:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: That's my thought too

Aug 24, 2015, 4:53 PM [ in reply to That's my thought too ]

Yep, if that was the case and they donated some good money then there's no way they'd sell for face. I didn't buy any then and there, just exchanged numbers and said we would talk!
I appreciate the input though, the way you put it with donating and what not was not something that had gone through my mind yet!
Either way I'll be at the games whether I buy em from him or someone else! Go Tigers!!

Re: Sounds almost too good to be true...

Aug 24, 2015, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Sounds almost too good to be true... ]

I would absolutely check before hand to be sure they aren't fakes. I know it sounds too go, I agree. But I'm also very good at reading people (I think) and got a really good vibe from the kid (he's probably 27-28, I'm 23). And I didn't buy any yet, we just exchanged numbers and I said I'd be in contact. They'd have to be a low row number for me to buy. I try to always sit lower deck.

Your duty to tnet required you to ask for pigs of said sister.***

Aug 24, 2015, 2:50 PM

Re: Met ND fans in Reno, NV this weekend

Aug 24, 2015, 3:23 PM

Not sure about seat locations, but after IPTAY season ticket orders were done the athletic dept offered season ticket packages to non IPTAY members. This was the only way to get a ND ticket. I think the price was $390 for each set. I expect a number of these were taken by ND fans.

Aug 24, 2015, 5:27 PM

> Not sure about seat locations, but after IPTAY season
> ticket orders were done the athletic dept offered
> season ticket packages to non IPTAY members. This was
> the only way to get a ND ticket. I think the price
> was $390 for each set. I expect a number of these
> were taken by ND fans.

I would bet money on it.

I am pretty sure IPTAY offered a one time season ticket

Aug 24, 2015, 3:25 PM

package specifically because of the ND game. Non-IPTAY people could buy season tickets but just for this season.

Sounds legit.

Aug 24, 2015, 4:54 PM

Meets random guy at a black jack table, says sister graduated from CU last year, says he has season tickets and wants to keep one and will sell the rest at face value. Also says, "just send cash to this address first and then I'll mail tickets to you." Yea, sounds about right.

Aug 24, 2015, 5:25 PM

> Sitting at the black jack table in Reno with my
> Clemson wallet sitting right in front of me on the
> table. When a guy probably 28 or so, older than me,
> sits down next to me. First thing he says is "Clemson
> fan huh?" So obviously we get to talking and he tells
> me his sister graduated from Clemson last year but
> him and his dad are die hard Note Dame fans. Then he
> tells me that him and his dad bought season tickets
> for Clemson this year just so they can make the ND
> game and he's looking to sell the rest.
> So of course I got his number and he's selling me his
> tickets to GT, Boston College and Florida State all
> at face. Can't wait to get back out to see the Tigers
> play this season!!
> Also made me wonder if very many Notre Dame fans were
> able to do this...?
I doubt it, but just a thought. I
> didn't think it was too easy to get season tickets
> for Clemson but really don't have any idea!

I did this a few years ago when ND played at Wake Forest. I bought season tickets just to make sure I got tickets to the ND game.

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,472
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic