Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Me and my families first game tomorrow!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1,678

Me and my families first game tomorrow!

Nov 21, 2014, 2:35 PM

Our very first game tomorrow. Even though we are coming off a tough loss I'm stoked to be going to Tiger Stadium. Any suggestions on how early we should get there or things to do or see before the game! Any help would be appreciated from these Tiger fans!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Me and my families first game tomorrow!

Nov 21, 2014, 2:38 PM

Don't know much about Baton Rouge ?

Nov 21, 2014, 2:39 PM

Excuse me Memorial stadium, like I said first time forgive me

Nov 21, 2014, 2:45 PM

Heres one of those non alum's you guys keep talking about..lol. In all seriousness though i hope you have an amazing time at your first game. Welcome to the Clemson Family and Go Tigers!

Nov 21, 2014, 2:48 PM

That'd be correct I'm not an alum and the Freudian slip about Tiger Stadium....well forgive me I made a mistake. We are looking forward I've been a Clemson fan since I grew up in SC.

Nov 21, 2014, 2:50 PM

I was just making fun of some of these posters on here who want to keep the alum/non alum debate going on. Definitely do what the other guy was saying and just have a good time.

I'd simply recommend that you get there early for

Nov 21, 2014, 2:48 PM

tail-gating, and then grab yourself a roadie and walk around the campus and the tailgating spots just taking in the scenery. Get to your seats about 30 minutes before game time so you can watch them run down the hill and applaud the seniors. If you have some time, stop by the Esso Club beforehand.

Nov 21, 2014, 2:51 PM

Try to get there around 11 am and go to TD's grab some wings before the game. It will take about an hour to get your food but it's good so enjoy. Also just take in the sights because it's great. P.S. don't park at Kite Hill because it's cheap just park at the Groucho's Deli it may cost $20 but when you see how far you have to walk I think paying that little cash will be OK. Have fun and enjoy I know you will because I do all the time and I've been going for years.

Nov 21, 2014, 2:54 PM

We are staying in Anderson and are supposed to have a shuttle lined up. Lol, my daughter thinks she's gonna meet CJ Spiller. Is there an on campus museum or anything?

Pep Rally

Nov 21, 2014, 7:52 PM

The Pep Rally is always fun. Tiger walk is too. You can do both but you would really have to hustle so I wouldn't recommend trying both.

Pep Rally

Nov 21, 2014, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Me and my families first game tomorrow! ]

The Pep Rally is always fun. Tiger walk is too. You can do both but you would really have to hustle so I wouldn't recommend trying both.

It's called Death Valley.

Nov 21, 2014, 2:53 PM

Hope y'all have a good time and enjoy the experience.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You'll want to check out the band coming down the hill 45

Nov 21, 2014, 2:59 PM

minutes before kick off (that is outside of the stadium on The Hill end) and then get in the stadium so you don't get caught in the portal when they do the fly over and run down The Hill.

Here is the schedule of special events for tomorrow

Nov 21, 2014, 3:03 PM

Nov. 22 - Military Appreciation Day Football Game vs GA State

10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Military Equipment and Vehicle Displays; both current and vintage vehicles; AF and Army ROTC recruiting tents; Cobra helicopter, local National Guard units

10:00 a.m.
Scroll of Honor Stone Dedication: Carlos Golightly Harris was added to the Scroll following an extensive vetting process conducted by the Clemson Corps. Harris died in 1926 of complications from wounds suffered during World War I. Harris, of Spartanburg, was a member of the Clemson College Class of 1917 which famously volunteered en masse when the United States entered the war.

10:30 a.m.
Flag exchange at the Scroll of Honor/Memorial Park – Pershing Rifles will change out the flag flown at the scroll for the last year.

2:30 p.m.
Parade — Marching band, cheerleaders, both ROTC units, veterans, local Guard/Reserve units, Clemson Corps and others join in the parade from central campus to the stadium.

Pre-game and halftime
Vietnam War Commemoration50th Commemoration of the Vietnam War — Honoring selected veterans during the game, with Vietnam Veterans recognized on the field during halftime.

Pregame
Clemson Rangers present check to Student Veterans Association for the Student Veteran scholarship fund
75th Anniversary of Clemson's Pershing Rifles Company C-4 recognition on the field
Pledge of Allegiance by Army ROTC Alum deployed to Afghanistan
Game Ball parachuted in by Army Special Forces
Army and Air Force Cadet Commanders dot the “i” in Tigers that the band spells out.
Flyover by Post WWII Vintage War Birds

End of 1st Quarter

50th Commemoration of the Vietnam War — The Director of the Commemoration of the Vietnam War, LTG (R) Kicklighter, will present the commemorative partner charter to Clemson, Army Cadet Command, and Army and Air Force ROTC units.

POWs from Vietnam War recognized

Halftime
Vietnam Veterans recognized on the field during halftime. All other veterans will be recognized from their seats in the stands.

Clemson Rangers will perform a Fallen Soldier salute in the East End Zone and Pershing Rifles will perform a 21 gun Salute, the half time show will end with the playing of TAPS.

Families of SC service members or alumni will be recognized for the sacrifices they have made.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Re: Here is the schedule of special events for tomorrow

Nov 21, 2014, 9:25 PM

and if this does not bring a tear to people's eyes,,,something is wrong with them!!!

Clemson Rangers will perform a Fallen Soldier salute in the East End Zone and Pershing Rifles will perform a 21 gun Salute, the half time show will end with the playing of TAPS.

Nov 21, 2014, 3:04 PM

For 3:30 starts my wife and I usually get to our parking space around 11:00 or so. We like to tailgate with my former Clemson roomates and spend a couple of hours "catching up". Traffic is usually not too bad around that time for a 3:30 start.

Not sure where you plan to park but most folks tailgate right near their parking spot. If you don't have definitive tailgate plans, there will be tons of tailgates happening all over campus so you really shouldn't have much problem finding things to do and making new friends. Clemson is one of the best (if not THE best) gameday environments around - real family friendly. Since this is your first time going to a game, I would carve out some time to just walk around the campus and take in the "ambience" of gameday at Clemson - I guarantee you will have a good time just doing that!

Tomorrow is also military appreciation day so there will be various military displays on Bowman field that you can check out. You can also go to the field in front of Littlejohn and catch the Tiger Tailgate show if you are in that area. Some folks also like to go and see a pre-game band concert over at the ampitheater as well. Of course, there is the Tigerwalk at Lot 5 that you might enjoy as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2014, 3:09 PM

Thank you all!! I'm really looking forward to it. We are gonna look around Anderson to get us some new Clemson gear then get a bite to eat. Im very excited as well as my wife and daughter!

Nov 21, 2014, 3:23 PM

I would recommend Tiger Walk in lot 5, good opportunity to see the players up close. Typically starts around 2 hours before kick. There are definitely tons of things to do, just take it all in and enjoy the best game day atmosphere in the country.

Welcome and enjoy all the events tomorrow, it will be a special day and experience for your first game. You will be hooked and want to return time and time again.

Oh and tomorrow is a "purple out" to honor military appreciation day, so wear purple if you have it.

Tomorrow's game experience will not be a game experience

Nov 21, 2014, 6:20 PM

that comes anywhere close to the average atmosphere.

Get there early make a day of it***

Nov 21, 2014, 6:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2014, 8:02 PM

Take LOTS of pictures of all the family at all the signature places around campus. It also wouldn't hurt to write down your thoughts after the day is over. You'll forget details later.

As the other posters said, it's awesome that you'll be here for military appreciation day. I always get chills during the tributes. Just introduce yourself to folks at the tailgates and enjoy the Clemson family. It may be your first game, but it will not be your last.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have fun!

Nov 21, 2014, 9:03 PM

Enjoy!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2014, 9:10 PM

Enjoy the experience!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, since it is Military Appreciation Day, you

Nov 22, 2014, 12:03 AM

might consider visiting the Scroll of Honor across the street from Memorial Stadium.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1,678
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic