Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Had such high expectations for this baseball team this year! Disappointed!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,295

Had such high expectations for this baseball team this year! Disappointed!

Apr 18, 2018, 11:20 AM

Same slumps different year! They need some major consistency from the veterans and are suffering at the plate. Last year we got bailed out alot with bats and huge innings

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me Too ??? Disappointed!

Apr 18, 2018, 11:32 AM

We have been getting out hit a lot all year,but still winning games -- Karma has turned as of late,the other way** __ I think the Friday game,against Miami,took the wind out of em' ??? I know it did me,and I was not playing --Hoping that Monte can get things going again soon** GO TIGERS !!!!

Re: Me Too ??? Disappointed!

Apr 19, 2018, 7:12 AM

Sorry to tell you this but karma is not real....it doesn't exist.

Thank goodness this season is over.***

Apr 18, 2018, 11:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Thank goodness this season is over.***

Apr 18, 2018, 12:44 PM

It is? Already? Darn...Tiger baseball, we hardly knew ya! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only thing that matters is the NCAA tourney. I will wait

Apr 18, 2018, 12:46 PM

and judge after that. Hopefully we make it to a super and I will be satisfied.

If we don't make a super again, then it starts to make the coaching change look like a waste of time.

We already knew how to make the tourney before Monte. Hosting a tourney isn't really good unless you win it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The only thing that matters is the NCAA tourney. I will wait

Apr 18, 2018, 1:09 PM

Our d1 stats are horrible. Very fortunate to have the record we do. Our pitching has been ok. Think this game makes us 1-6 against top 25 teams.

We have a very favorable looking schedule from here on out. We’ll definitely make a regional, probably host a regional with a little luck, a sweep or two in May. That’s not bad... but it’s not acceptable to me for Tigers to just get in or host a regional. Time for some championships and trips to Omaha. Omaha was a staple and we’re starring at close to a decade without a trip.

I really like Monte and have been a big supporter of his. I like his philosophy but sadly our record against top 25 teams (that finish top 25) in 2.5 years coaching is terrible.

I was really hoping this would be the year we made a legit run to Omaha. Not giving up yet but we’ve got to quit looking at strike 3 in a 1-2 count. Hit it somewhere and please play more small ball.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The only thing that matters is the NCAA tourney. I will wait

Apr 18, 2018, 2:56 PM

I agree exactly, I really thought this year was going to be a great season.
Especially since the pitching has kept us in most games.
Never would have thought we would struggle to score 3-4 runs most nights.
The big problem I see is trying to do to much at the plate .
Then when they get in a hole instead of choking up trying to just make contact.
It’s either watch strike 3 or just guess and swing for the fences.

Pretty sure the season is far from over...***

Apr 18, 2018, 1:48 PM

Re: Yeah, too bad 2018 didn't work out the way we thought...

Apr 18, 2018, 2:28 PM

LOL....guys like you kill me. We still have 19 games to play and most are very, very winnable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Apr 18, 2018, 2:51 PM

Yeah but when we run into a good hitting team in the post season it over.
Sure we have time to start hitting but after 38 games it’s not getting better.
It’s nice to beat up on Avg teams and win a few games but having a team that really has no shot at a post season run.
Is not nice!

Apr 18, 2018, 2:57 PM

ya think??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

we knew the way we were hitting this was bound to happen

Apr 18, 2018, 8:00 PM

I don't get paid to solve Monte's problems but baseball is more exciting when it comes with a little offense. And I just don't get losing an eight run lead in one inning.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One inning

Apr 19, 2018, 5:33 AM

Is how you define the season?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:Oh no I didn't mean to imply that by any means. However

Apr 19, 2018, 10:58 AM

it still shouldn't happen at home against an average Miami team. If you think it should you can ask Monte himself he said the same thing just not in so many words. He took responsibility for the loss. I kept waiting for him to pull the pitcher on a couple of occasions but each time the hook was a mistake too late. Hopefully we will start turning this around this weekend vs. Wake! Hope to CU there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Had such high expectations for this baseball team this year! Disappointed!

Apr 19, 2018, 7:09 AM

Good thing that anyone who has played baseball knows it’s about getting hot at the right time. Baseball is not like footballer where every game matters... you tweak your lineup all year just to host a regional.

Time will tell if this team can get hot but we have the players to do so... hopefully Monte prescribes to Dabo’s winning time and they turn it on.

Sucks to be you***

Apr 19, 2018, 8:59 AM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,295
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic