Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
McCaffrey now highest paid RB over Zeke Elliott
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,989

McCaffrey now highest paid RB over Zeke Elliott

Apr 13, 2020, 9:22 PM

Who's gonna be the QB?

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1249790515140231169

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: McCaffrey now highest paid RB over Zeke Elliott

Apr 13, 2020, 9:27 PM

Trevor Lawrence? Next year

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Apr 13, 2020, 9:29 PM

Think there’s a cap on rookie contracts.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You knew he'd get paid on the receiver scale

Apr 13, 2020, 9:27 PM

instead of the RB scale simply because of how he's used most of the time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Highest paid RB and dating Olivia Culpo? Guy is CRUSHING it

Apr 14, 2020, 9:33 AM

right now!! He does have a different type of game for a RB, so my have more of a sustained peak for his career with avoiding a ton of contact with Linebackers.

Link for people who can't google Olivia Culpo:

https://www.google.com/search?q=olivia+culpo&rlz=1C1GCEJ_enUS883US883&sxsrf=ALeKk03qtWIK6lhdWDWtIYahCCphnpaBew:1586871028347&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjDsMufg-joAhXTlXIEHS4FDP0Q_AUoAXoECCEQAw&biw=1536&bih=722

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Highest paid RB and dating Olivia Culpo? Guy is CRUSHING it

Apr 14, 2020, 9:45 AM

Looks like she sure gets around the social circles. not judging just looking at the photos.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 14, 2020, 9:45 AM

When there is NFL football again, if you play in a fantasy league that gives points for touchdowns, rush yards, catch yards and catches, you are crazy if McCaffrey is not your first pick. If he played for the Chiefs, he would be MVP but he plays for a second rate team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 14, 2020, 9:56 AM

My logic lies more along the lines of him getting the huge contract, he has the arm candy so the motivation for football is probably gone.

Apr 14, 2020, 1:21 PM

Good to see 1 of the top 3 RBs in the league is a white dude; he's a huge draw for attendance as well TV veiwers but that' its it. It's 2020 & he's a RB(a VG WR I know); not the type of move typical 4 a team building towards a SB. Too much investment in a RB-proven again & again these type of moves don't produce wins, never draft a RB b4 the 3rd round.

Apr 14, 2020, 1:31 PM

I think this is a good deal for both sides. I question how long McCaffrey will hold up long term due to the high volume he gets, and because running backs don't usually stay elite past the age of 30. However, I don't see any reason why he can't stay as one of the elite running backs in the league for the next 5-6 years which is the length of the contract after adding the 4 year extension and factoring in the team option at the end. That would put him at around 28 or 29 years old at the end of the contract.

Once they went out and signed Teddy Bridgewater it made alot

Apr 14, 2020, 1:40 PM

of sense to extend McCaffrey. The other option was basically tanking but you don't go out and sign a pretty good QB if want to tank.

I think McCaffreys value is higher than a typical RB because he can do so much more. I do worry about his durability though because hes just asked to do too much in the offense right now. They need to protect him more and get some of the load off of him.

It just seems like the Panthers are so far away still even with CM and a good, healthy Bridgewater. They need OL help and a lot of the defense needs to be rebuilt.

Rhule is an interesting coach. We will see if he can make

Apr 14, 2020, 2:08 PM

his college rebuilding skills translate at the pro level.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

McCaffrey is truly a multipurpose player. He deserves his

Apr 14, 2020, 1:36 PM

contract a whole lot more than Elliot deserved his. Dallas could have kept their offensive line together and put ANY decent back in the backfield and had similar success. Once again, Jerry Jones the GM screws Jerry Jones the owner. That contract is the reason he is now in a box with Dak Prescott. Prescott knows his relative value to the team is more than Elliot's, so he is not willing to accept anything other than a "max" tier contract. (Even though, in my mind, he has not shown enough to deserve one either.)

I should say in all fairness, I was never really a Cowboys fan, but once Jerry Jones bought the team, and started treating the NFL like his own personal sandbox, I really loathe them, and him.

Yeah and the Rams made a similar mistake paying Gurley

Apr 14, 2020, 1:50 PM

who they've now released. I don't think it's worth giving many RBs a big 2nd contract, and I wonder if it's just better to draft a RB, play them for 4 years on the rookie deal and then cut them and draft another if they refuse a more modest 2nd contract.

That said, McCaffrey is more than a RB. Hes all all-purpose offensive weapon.

Dan Patrick said pretty much the same thing on his radio

Apr 14, 2020, 2:06 PM

show today. He said he would franchise them for a couple years if they still were performing well, then move on with another one via the draft. He said he would never give a running back a big contract, because their shelf life was so short.

Apr 14, 2020, 3:30 PM

Weird decision by team and him.

He's getting paid, but spending the best years of his career on a team in rebuilding mode.

and why is a team in rebuilding mode willing to pay an RB?

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,989
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic