Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Maybe we should defend BB some more...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Maybe we should defend BB some more...

Jan 12, 2017, 8:37 PM

Go ahead, flame away.

This guy is NOT the guy to lead this program...

If we lose to this awful GT team which BTW....we're favored by 10 points... SMH

BB apologist need to wake up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correct.

Jan 12, 2017, 8:38 PM

you would think the basketball team would be a little inspired after our NATTY win in football.. but, NOPE. looks like we will be losing to ###### GT.

Re: Correct.

Jan 12, 2017, 8:59 PM

what I dont understand is how most people cant see this.... I like the guy, I really do. But he needs to go.

In all my years I have never seen a coach more defended then BB.... EVER

I like BB too..

Jan 12, 2017, 9:01 PM

but.. this is it. 7 years of this is enough. we wont be going to the NCAA we wont even be going to the NIT. ENOUGH.

I agree. Brownell has no offensive scheme at all

Jan 22, 2017, 8:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Correct. ]

Not just that but it pisses me off when he doesn't defend his players when a ref makes a terrible call. He's just calm and collective. Sometimes u need to light a fire for your players .

Re: Correct.

Feb 21, 2017, 10:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Correct. ]

I dont see too many people defending him. ..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe we should defend BB some more...

Jan 22, 2017, 8:22 PM

The fact that people TD this......speaks volumes to our problem. Some of you are in complete denial.

This clown BB needs to go.

Feb 7, 2017, 10:05 PM

PLease.....

Let's defend this clown more

Feb 7, 2017, 10:58 PM

I think they are all hiding! It's the same old crew who always rock the orange glasses. Saw it during their defense of Coaches West, Bowden and now Brownell. They know who they are ...

I love our University as much as the next fella, but let's be honest, when these Coaches agree to very lucrative contracts it means one thing: Produce. Period. If they can't - move on. It's not like CBB is a home grown assistant or alumni...

Where are all the Know It Alls or CBB's cousins saying give him more time ... whatever.

You sound like one of those fans who expects basketball succcess but isn't willing

Feb 7, 2017, 11:49 PM

to pay a successful high major head coach to come to Clemson. You gripe and complain about the basketball team, but when it comes time to upgrade facilities or hire an ACC caliber coach you get cheap and become scared that it will take money away from football.

You and your kind are the worst type of fan.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: You sound like one of those fans who expects basketball succcess but isn't willing

Feb 8, 2017, 12:00 AM

Nah. The worst kind of fan is the one who makes excuses like this and is satisfied with mediocrity. Way too many of them in orange and more of them when it comes to basketball. There are coaches all around the country doing more with less. Time to wake up. Browell should have never even been considered at a school like Clemson.

Re: You sound like one of those fans who expects basketball succcess but isn't willing

Feb 21, 2017, 10:53 PM

How many of those coaches doing more with less have the backbone to come to Clemson and see what they can accomplish?
How many of them want to come to Clemson and see what its like to work with a lineup where your best player was rated lower out of high school than your opponents worst starting player night after night.
How many of them want to come to Clemson and prove they can go head to head on the recruiting trail with coaches from the ACC and other powers and come out on top?
There might be a guy or two out there with the bawls and ALL the other qualities. Good luck in identifying and signing him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2017, 11:20 AM [ in reply to You sound like one of those fans who expects basketball succcess but isn't willing ]

You have no idea what you are talking about. We should toss the $ - but i'm certainly not for ridiculous buyout terms for unproven, and unsuccessful coaches and waiting and hoping that it all just turns out ok in the end ...

I think a successful athletic program means competing in each and every sport, not just in the fall. And please let's not confuse facts here - there is a difference b/w griping and complaining and not being supportive of a coach whom quite clearly is over his head after 7 straight years of mediocrity.

As far as your comment regarding "You and your kind" ... LOL. It's clear you are one of those posters on here who thing post quantity equals knowledge and expertise - wrong.

Feb 21, 2017, 10:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe we should defend BB some more... ]

I've been a vocal supporter of CBB throughout his tenure. I don't apologize for it.
He is ultimately responsible for the results on the court so I won't make excuses for him. I do have one question for you and those calling for his job. Who are we going to get to replace him? Do you think Will Wade and some of these other names mentioned on these boards are chomping at the bit to coach at Clemson? After Oliver Purnells semi successful run at Clemson and his departure why did we have to go with an unproven coach who had never coached at the high major level? Didn't OP prove you could win at Clemson? Was it because DRad turned down established successful high major coaches in favor of BB because he thought BB had the higher ceiling? I don't think so. I don't think BB was the best available either. I think he was the best we could get. Do you people calling for BB's head think anything has changed since then?
We took a chance on CBB and at this point it looks like he's unable to get us where we want to be. I wouldn't say that's a certainty though. I say there's still hope.
The only people acting like experts and know it alls are those saying CBB can't get it done and are calling for his firing.
Be careful what you wish for.
Rockin' orange glasses.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2017, 2:08 AM

I cannot defend the men's basketball program when it fails to win games. Someone has to be held accountable. That someone is Brownell.

Feb 21, 2017, 9:05 PM

if you're still defending this guy you're a moron.

Feb 21, 2017, 10:07 PM

Agreed. Where are the folks calling those critical of BB the "worst kind of fan" for not being pleased to witness his destruction of the bball program?

I guess I expect more ... my bad.

There's none so blind

Feb 22, 2017, 6:47 AM

as those who will not see.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic