Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Read on Zion almost was a Tiger...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,134

Read on Zion almost was a Tiger...

Jan 6, 2019, 9:02 AM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.newsobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/luke-decock/article223985250.html

Was it that close?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe, until the check cleared***

Jan 6, 2019, 9:24 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe, until the check cleared***

Jan 6, 2019, 10:33 AM

Not just the check clearing but the ink drying on the paperwork for his mom's new 6 figure a year job and the new house. I mean it's not hard to figure out if you're the NCAA. You don't pick up and move 3 hours away for your son to go to college for 8 months. This case could literally be solved by a Saturday morning cartoon by some pesky kids driving the Mystery Machine much less the NCAA and the endless resources at their disposal.

Jan 6, 2019, 10:35 AM

No, NCAA is too busy detecting and penalizing inadvertent use of performance enhancing substances to take this up...

Jan 6, 2019, 11:23 AM

couldn't agree more,and the above should read the SELECTIVE endless resources.ncaa pres. mark emmert-very good buddies with saban.hired him at lsu.look him up.very interesting read on wikipedia.would put nothing past alabama and saban.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 6, 2019, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe, until the check cleared*** ]

Duke has done that for a long time and it isn't illegal or against NCAA rules for a "friend of the program" to give a player's parent a job they aren't qualified for or cheap rent on a place they could never afford on their own.

Message was edited by: castaway®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2019, 6:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe, until the check cleared*** ]

My take is that the NCAA only solves what it wants to solve.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jan 6, 2019, 6:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe, until the check cleared*** ]

My take is that the NCAA only solves what it wants to solve.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

No. Most people thought so. But he obviously just used

Jan 6, 2019, 6:44 PM

us to get more money.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,134
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic