Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Maybe the best group of LBs anybody ever had on one team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Maybe the best group of LBs anybody ever had on one team

Jun 15, 2018, 4:07 PM

at the same time. Flipping through a program from 1990 and looked at the roster.

Levon Kirkland
John Johnson
Doug Brewster
Ed McDaniel
Wayne Simmons
Ashley Sheppard
Tim Jones

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

I had lunch with JJ today.

Jun 15, 2018, 4:18 PM

NM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Before we were WRU, we were LBU ...***

Jun 15, 2018, 4:41 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe the best group of LBs anybody ever had on one team

Jun 15, 2018, 4:56 PM

My sophomore year. Hatfield may have been losing control of the team, but Bob Trott turned those guys loose to wreak havoc. Most played pro, several for long careers

Jun 15, 2018, 5:15 PM

I thought Jesse Hatcher was also good n that team as well

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you're just a year or two early with Tim Jones amongst that

Jun 15, 2018, 5:36 PM

group. Jesse Hatcher, Vince Taylor and Dorian Mariable were others to play with that group. the guys named only had 3 years together and they were all absolute BEASTS individually which made the collective a terrorist group... LOL

Major Harris' mom will vouch for that... LOL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not trying to be argumentative my friend, but Tim Jones was

Jun 15, 2018, 5:50 PM

listed on this 1990 roster from the CU/UGA game program from 10/6/1990, number 56. Maybe he was a FR who redshirted and didn't play?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

no argument at all, but that explains the difference

Jun 15, 2018, 6:24 PM

of opinion, TJ redshirted his first year, fall of '90, so we had just missed each other on campus as I had left in May of '90. I went to most games still up until about 98 and he was not on the field in the fall of '90.

no biggie, he was on the squad, just not contributing on the field yet which is why I remember him from about '91 forward...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: no argument at all, but that explains the difference

Jun 15, 2018, 6:44 PM

I remember the 1991 Hall of Fame Bowl when our Tigers steam-rolled Illinois 30-0. That was a great defense. However, perhaps not as great as the one we're about to see this Fall! We seem to like those teams from the mid-west, e.g.: Illinois, OSU, West Virginia....

GO TIGERS!

That was an epic beatdown, but the '89

Jun 16, 2018, 1:57 AM

Gator Bowl was dominated by college football's #1 defense, the Clemson University Tigers! Major Harris was a Heisman finalist who that defense treated like a true freshman on the first day of Fall camp... Go back and watch the game... By the way, that was also the same year we put the 45-0 embarrassment on the coots at Billy-Brice... That '89 defense is on par with the '16 defense, and to a man, it's probably slightly better...

Re: Not trying to be argumentative my friend, but Tim Jones was

Jun 15, 2018, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Not trying to be argumentative my friend, but Tim Jones was ]

If my math is right weren't there 9 All Pros on that team alone?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Take a moment and just look at that roster

Jun 15, 2018, 11:53 PM [ in reply to Not trying to be argumentative my friend, but Tim Jones was ]

Those guys in their prime would put a woodshed application on just about anyone, including

nikki's boyz.

Re: Take a moment and just look at that roster

Jun 15, 2018, 11:59 PM

McGlockton and Buckner in the middle of that DL ... shamefully unfair .

DB23

Jun 16, 2018, 12:20 AM

Indeed a very good group but it is hard to get around Miami 's Bermuda Triangle of Michael Barrow, Jessie Armstead & Darrin Smith.

Jun 16, 2018, 2:38 PM

No , Clemson's group was better .

DB23

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic