Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Iptay tax deduction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Iptay tax deduction

Dec 14, 2017, 3:32 PM

If you didn’t know, the current tax bill proposed in Congress gets rid of the deduction for contributions to IPTAY, etc. Might want to call your congressman and tell them thanks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe that will help me get better seats ...

Dec 14, 2017, 3:35 PM

probably a plus for us upper deckers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe that will help me get better seats ...

Dec 14, 2017, 3:42 PM

Yup, in the same boat. I will pay more for lower deck regardless of tax deductibility. This should make buying extra tickets and selling them on Stubhub less appealing.

Dec 14, 2017, 3:50 PM

Actually it would make it more appealing. Sorry.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2017, 4:19 PM

Yeah, because people are still gonna donate a ton of money if they can't write it off lol.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2017, 1:13 AM

They will resell to recoup their donation. I guess that’s why you don’t give a lot. You don’t know how to think to make a lot of money.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2017, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe that will help me get better seats ... ]

Say you are out-of-pocket $20 more per ticket, how is that more attractive to buy extra tickets & sell for a profit? You must think fewer people will give and hense the secondary market will be larger?

Dec 14, 2017, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Maybe that will help me get better seats ... ]

I’m an IPTAY donor and an upper decker, but I don’t depend on a tax deduction to determine what I give to Clemson. Besides, giving $100 for a $15 deduction shouldn’t matter to anyone anyway!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

unless you want simple tax returns

Dec 14, 2017, 3:37 PM

Obviously its a great benefit to get a tax break for donation to Iptay and encourages donors but I would in favor of simpler taxes too without Government manipulation. I'd like it both ways but sometimes its just collateral damage.

Re: unless you want simple tax returns

Dec 14, 2017, 3:42 PM

My concern is overall impact to scholarship availability across all sports if giving is reduced. Ultimately the loser could be the student athlete.

Dec 14, 2017, 3:45 PM

Giving won't be reduced- people may give more to get better seats. People who are maintaining do not need to give above the minimum for the seat. I currently give 5x hoping to get better seats and will eventually reduce if I cannot move down. I would double my donation for lower deck and it would be much higher donation than the minimum that IPTAY is probably receiving.

Dec 14, 2017, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Re: unless you want simple tax returns ]

I think if you see adverse effects they will tweak it after. but yea agree

Meh... won't affect my IPTAY donations at all...

Dec 14, 2017, 4:01 PM

As I mentioned in the previous thread we had on this subject:

In my case it doesn't matter if IPTAY donations are non-deductible so long as the current Standard Deduction is doubled (i.e. $24k for joint filers) as proposed in both the House and Senate bills.

Quite frankly the Federal deduction and credits game has been nothing but a tool for politicians to reward/punish constituencies they like/don't like for years and is one of the reasons we need to revamp the tax code. In fact I would just prefer an easy flat tax - just pay what I owe based on what I earn and it shouldn't matter whether I buy an electric car or install solar panels on my house.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

or maybe quid pro quo donations should be taxed?***

Dec 14, 2017, 4:53 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I may be in the minority here, but I don't donate to IPTAY

Dec 14, 2017, 4:56 PM

for the tax deduction. I donate in order to buy tickets to see my Tigers play...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^ Gets it ^^***

Dec 14, 2017, 10:09 PM

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Re: Iptay tax deduction

Dec 14, 2017, 5:55 PM

Why should there be a tax credit for an IPTAY contribution? I don't get one
for my contribution to the ESSO Club.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Iptay tax deduction

Dec 14, 2017, 11:15 PM

Just another reason to hate an attorney...such a selfless crowd.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic