Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Proof the earth was once covered with water
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 65
| visibility 1

Proof the earth was once covered with water

Jun 5, 2018, 4:37 PM

Went and got a yard of dirt and look what was in it. I live at least 10 miles inland.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe it was dropped by a migrating swallow.

Jun 5, 2018, 4:51 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Maybe it was dropped by a migrating swallow.

Jun 5, 2018, 4:53 PM

A swallow couldnt carry that 10 miles... maybe it was an african swallow?

Jun 5, 2018, 4:55 PM

but then of course, uh, African swallows are non-migratory.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Wait a minute!

Jun 6, 2018, 12:26 AM

Suppose it was 2 swallows carrying it together?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

what? a swallow carrying a coconut?***

Jun 5, 2018, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Maybe it was dropped by a migrating swallow. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jun 5, 2018, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Maybe it was dropped by a migrating swallow. ]

African or European?

Case closed*****

Jun 5, 2018, 4:53 PM

Re: Proof the earth was once covered with water

That looks like an Appalachian blue clam shell. They used to migrate to the coast during the Crezazoic period. Almost made it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fossilized coral can be found in Iowa- the town of Coralville is named for it.

But if you're just 10 miles inland and we don't get our heads right about climate change, the good news is that in just a few decades, you'll be able to significantly add to your shell collection.

Jun 5, 2018, 5:03 PM

I thought a few years ago they said New York City would be under water by now?

Why is this on the football board anyway?**

Jun 5, 2018, 5:12 PM

null

Message was edited by: Carlsbad®

Re: Why is this on the football board anyway?**

Jun 5, 2018, 6:01 PM

Why are you on the football board?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess to talk football.

Jun 5, 2018, 7:17 PM

I kind of think outside the box though.

Jun 5, 2018, 7:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Proof the earth was once covered with water ]

No one I'm aware of said that and I follow climate change pretty closely. But it will happen. Some places already feel it like Miami.

The Pentagon gets it Even Exxon admits it on their corporate page.

The science is not even new. In 1827, Joseph Fourier came up with the Laws of Heat Conductance and Knew certain gases were prone to warming more than others.

In 1860, John Tyndall identified water vapor and CO2 as the main atmospheric drivers of heat, Without which the Earth would be a cold icy ball.

In 1889, Arvid Hogbom calculated the amount of CO2 given off when burning coal.

In 1896, Svante Arrhenius estimated that doubling CO2 in the atmosphere would increase temperatures by about 5 degrees. He overshot a bit but he knew what was going on. You should too.

Jun 5, 2018, 11:28 PM

Since we’re on the topic of Fourier, can we all appreciate his series & how to find a0, an, & bn??

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

Jun 5, 2018, 11:30 PM

Sorry for the formatting, I’m on a phone. So here’s an image.

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

Jun 5, 2018, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Proof the earth was once covered with water ]

Yes please. Turn off your computer and lights and refrigerator etc. and reduce the planet's warming right now. Our future depends on it. Thanks

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 5, 2018, 6:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Proof the earth was once covered with water ]

Indeed. Much of Iowa was covered by tropical seas roughly 400 million years ago.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May we consider this from a true scientific point of view?

Jun 5, 2018, 7:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Proof the earth was once covered with water ]

I accept that global warming is real and unless we change the earth may someday be covered with water. From a pure scientific point of view that's a good thing because we'll all grow gills and swim away.

If we have to swim upstream to spawn I'm building a boat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You beat me to it. You sir are precisely correct!

Jun 5, 2018, 7:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Proof the earth was once covered with water ]

My sister has a house right on the coast and in 15 years if nothing changes I fear it will be a house boat. It's a beautiful vacation house though

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the back bay in Newport Neach where I grew up.

Jun 5, 2018, 4:59 PM

These cliffs are in the back bay area/ Dover Shores. Anyway, when we were kids we used to try to climb to the top of these cliffs. There are shells all the way to the top of these cliffs. Those homes on the top of that hillside are very big to give you some scale. The water level was way different.

Re: This is the back bay in Newport Neach where I grew up.

Jun 5, 2018, 5:18 PM

We live 75 miles from the coast and we have them too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's interesting.*****

Jun 5, 2018, 5:22 PM

I found mermaid bones in my back yard...

Jun 5, 2018, 5:25 PM

when I lived in Kansas. I figured she'd fell in love with some sailor and realized he was in the Pacific so she took a shortcut from the Atlantic because the Panama Canal hadn't been built yet.

She would have made it had the unicorn not broken his leg when he stepped into a prairie dog hole.

No chit, proving the earth was covered with water isn't necessary. If they don't believe, nothing you can do will change their minds. You're dallying in the Holy Spirit's business trying to change hearts with anything other than love, Jhop. Beware, my friend, beware.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that was an interesting culmination of fable and

Jun 5, 2018, 5:55 PM

scriptural reference... gave me a bit of a chuckle... nsmlol

It was a cheap shot at Hop.

Jun 5, 2018, 7:17 PM

I ought to be ashamed but I'm not. The Bible calls the Word of God the Sword of the Spirit. It's not given for us to condemn but to defend ourselves from spiritual attacks. When we parse out the Word it should be done with love not to prove to others we are right and never to prove them wrong. The Bible says water covered the face of the earth. I need no science to prove that to me, I live with the evidence which I can not ignore all day, everyday.

It's not about me being right. it's all about Him being right and me accepting Him as truth. I remember the days of spiritual adolescence. While they were fun sometimes the growth pains were not. I'm still enduring growth but it doesn't seem to hurt so much now.

I didn't recognize the cheapened value

Jun 6, 2018, 12:12 AM

of the shot, I thought it was innocently snarky but not cheap... And there I go thinking the best of every man.
By the way, which event are you referring to when water covered the face of the Earth? Which translation of the Bible do you prefer? Do you prefer "Holy Spirit" or "Holy Ghost"?

I think Holy is the most important word in there.

Jun 6, 2018, 12:19 AM

I asked for the gift of tongues and God told me it wasn't for me. My gift is teaching. I'm supposing this cuts to the heart of your question. Whether one prefers ghost or spirit makes me no never mind for the scripture says both. Neither is inaccurate.

In the beginning which doesn't come with a date water covered the earth. We know Noah floated for a long time. Either I don't remember or it's not known just how long his voyage lasted. I'm not sure the entire earth was covered with water at that point but the remembers of the story say it was. That may be a perspective and not a global report. I don't know and I don't care because it isn't critical to me other than knowing that civilization was decimated by drowning. I'm always open to scripture and I have plenty of huge gaps in understandings.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

Re: I think Holy is the most important word in there.

Jun 6, 2018, 12:35 AM

Actually, ghost by definition is inaccurate and just because it's in the book, the inclusion doesn't necessarily validate it's accuracy. We are prone to error but still must strive to reach the mark of the high calling. It's not our responsibility that those before us layed fodder in our path, for me, it confirms my dependency on the unction of the Holy Spirit to lead and guide me into all Truth. The books are fallible, but His Spirit is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path that illuminates the stumbling blocks and pits to avoid on our journey.

Your point total is 666.

Jun 6, 2018, 11:09 AM

I don't believe anything you say.

Just kidding. The only thing on this planet I fear is the old man trying to unseat the Holy Spirit from His throne in my heart.

Re: Your point total is 666.

Jun 6, 2018, 2:30 PM

HA!! i'm bald, you could see if that number was marked on my head... LOL

Keep the throne room swept clean my brother... ;)

The fall line was the coast some millenia ago

Jun 5, 2018, 5:35 PM

I know a guy that would find sharks teeth near MOntgomery, AL.

But climate change will cause the sea level to rise to unnatural levels. Except that is hasn't always been at this level, but apparently that is where it's supposed to be and any change to that is bad.

Al Gore said so, so you know it's true.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2018, 5:43 PM

Found this at Lake Hartwell. Guess tropical storm Alberto uncovered it

Jun 5, 2018, 5:58 PM

That is more believable.

Silly.

Jun 5, 2018, 6:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Proof the earth was once covered with water ]

That's the hermit crab aliens' space ship.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 5, 2018, 5:57 PM

Come on, you put that in your yard.

Jun 5, 2018, 6:29 PM

Nope it was towed in by this:

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/38327883/the-truth-behind-the-viral-lake-hartwell-gator-video

Looks like a good place to stash your pot.***

Jun 5, 2018, 7:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Proof the earth was once covered with water ]

Re: Looks like a good place to stash your pot.***

Jun 5, 2018, 8:56 PM

Maybe Danny Ford was testing them out and one went rogue. He’s got to figure out logistics with the new hemp deal.
Good call

Jun 5, 2018, 6:50 PM

Don't get the Hey, Zeus humpers going...

He is one***

Jun 5, 2018, 7:00 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2018, 6:56 PM

Clams used to have legs so it must have walked there. That's why I found one on the top of Mount Everest the second time I climbed it.

Thinking about doing that myself in a month or two.

Jun 5, 2018, 7:21 PM

I started walking the other day a couple of miles per day to prepare.

Re: Thinking about doing that myself in a month or two.

Jun 5, 2018, 7:27 PM

I found mounds of chicken poop in Columbia and it seems to have been there for a long time. With only one conference title in over 100 years, that stuff accumulates quickly.

they just have one foot

Jun 5, 2018, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Proof the earth was once covered with water ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=21&v=48_MU9NH2rc

Well some have 2 kinda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsBVvlJjNtc

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you live in Colorado?

Jun 5, 2018, 7:27 PM

Could be a Rocky Mountain oyster

Do you know where yard of dirt was originally dug?

Jun 5, 2018, 7:33 PM

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2130266-early-earth-was-covered-in-a-global-ocean-and-had-no-mountains/

Another link for you....

Jun 5, 2018, 7:38 PM

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CC/CC364.html

This has been known for quite some time. I search the Edisto River for ancient shark teeth and find huge ones.

Jun 5, 2018, 7:42 PM

was it covered in fresh water or salt water?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What kind of water is in oceans?***

Jun 5, 2018, 7:45 PM

Re: What kind of water is in oceans?***

Jun 5, 2018, 7:47 PM

then how did all of the fresh water species survive?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God works in mysterious ways.*****

Jun 5, 2018, 8:56 PM

On a boat moron.***

Jun 6, 2018, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Re: What kind of water is in oceans?*** ]

Maybe this will explain it to your drugged diseased brain

Jun 6, 2018, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Re: What kind of water is in oceans?*** ]

https://www.astrobio.net/extreme-life/salt-of-the-early-earth/amp/

Jun 5, 2018, 8:09 PM

There is a 10,500 foot tall mountain a few miles from my house. At elevations above 7,000', there are fossilized shells. Uplift and erosion are both real.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Shhhh.... Science might be too much for them.***

Jun 5, 2018, 8:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, let's just say God did it

Jun 5, 2018, 8:50 PM

Except for the dinosaur fossils, cuz we all know that was the Devil trying to trick us.

Which one...?***

Jun 5, 2018, 8:54 PM

Jun 5, 2018, 8:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Proof the earth was once covered with water ]

Just the mention of those elevated sea shells was uplifting .

DB23

Jun 5, 2018, 8:47 PM

I have seen private docks on the ICW longer than 10 miles .

DB23

I'm 40 miles inland from Grand Strand - find them all the

Jun 5, 2018, 9:03 PM

time - can't wait for sea levels to rise 40 feet - already got my dock built.

Re: Ya'll all just wishful thinking

Jun 5, 2018, 10:46 PM

My alien buddies already tole me that asteroid is headed this way soon. Pfftt, gonna make global warming seem like gamecock logic.

Or this is proof of tectonic plate shift

Jun 5, 2018, 11:17 PM

and, as the plates move, they can move to elevations higher than the current sea levels.

Curve Ball******

Jun 5, 2018, 11:28 PM

yeah, but...uh...

Jun 6, 2018, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Or this is proof of tectonic plate shift ]

the bible.

Game.
Set.
Checkmate.

Replies: 65