Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
*Forecasting source used by Washington now says only 60,400 to die by Aug..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

*Forecasting source used by Washington now says only 60,400 to die by Aug..

Apr 8, 2020, 1:42 PM

and the peak will be reached on April 12 rather than 16th..with estimate of 2200 dying in a single day then.

Difficult to fathom this sad news, but at first it was 100-250,000 could die..and later they forecast a reduction total to 94,000.

Saying, who knows!

* The agency used by White House & Government is: Institute for Health Metrics & Evaluations at the Univ of Washington (Huskies).

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only?***

Apr 8, 2020, 1:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Only?***

Apr 8, 2020, 8:50 PM

As compared to over 200,000. Yes it’s a high number, but lowering. It’ll probably keep lowering even more. First number was actually 2.2 million.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe I’m naive but I think this is because of the sacrifices we’ve made.

Apr 8, 2020, 1:53 PM

We have really taken drastic measures and limited to 60k. Some will say that’s only a typical flu season. But that is with all these measures in place. I suspect much higher if we hadn’t done it. I really think we have 2-3 more weeks of buckling down and then perhaps we start removing some restrictions. I am happy that we first get to see what happens with other countries when they remove them to see how bad a second wave might be. We can’t do this forever but I do think a few more weeks may drop that 60k projection even.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe I’m naive but I think this is because of the sacrifices we’ve made.

Apr 8, 2020, 2:13 PM

Don't forget that we also have a flu vaccine which probably 95% of the elderly in this country get every year.

If we get a COVID-19 vaccine in 18 months and 60K die the following year, will that be heralded as a success?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2020, 8:35 PM

No. It would not. Would hope as a society, we would learn from this and make global instutional changes but we won't.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2020, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Maybe I’m naive but I think this is because of the sacrifices we’ve made. ]

I don't trade anything for my freedom and liberty. Does it suck that people die, absolutely but people die all the time we just don't publicize it. All these measures are a slap in the face to those who have died from the flu. I'm sure people who have had close family members die of the flu wishes we would have shutdown the country in hope their loved one may have not died. There's risk in everything we do and we are free, supposedly, to make those decisions on our own. The fact so many are fine with this communist style takeover by every Governor is friggin frightening. Look if you want to give your freedom away go right ahead but don't complain bc I won't give mine away. Even people with underlying conditions should have the ability to choose whether they want to live in fear or live free. I'm not saying you can't hide or shutdown but the fact that leaders believe they have the right to take our rights and financially ruin millions is disturbing. I'd rather get the Wuhan Virus every d%mn year than to live like this. Sorry if that hurts someone's feelings but this is beyond ridiculous. The mortality rate is fractions of what they claimed, they keep dropping the "estimated" deaths by millions and hundreds of thousands every week now we hear that the CDC is recommending that assuming one died of the Covid-19 is good enough to mark it down in the death column. There are things that kill more Americans every year that we don't act like this so you have to ask yourself why this? People die, we don't stop the world bc people die. People die of diseases and virus in the tens of thousands every year and we don't blink an eye. As each day goes by we see numbers that suggest this isn't any worse than anything else and peddling in the "it's worse than the flu" agenda sows nothing but fear and hysteria. Go to Walmart of the grocery store and tell me people are listening. Drive through any neighborhood and tell me anyone is listening. A lot of people aren't doing nothing to keep the spread down and the numbers continue to fall and we continue to put people out of work. We may be the greatest civilization in the history of the world but we're d%mn sure the dumbest.

Apr 8, 2020, 2:21 PM

User Logo
TigerAidan
CU Guru [1327]
TigerPulse: 99%
Posted: Apr 8, 2020 2:16 PM

I don't trade anything for my freedom and liberty. Does it suck that people die, absolutely but people die all the time we just don't publicize it. All these measures are a slap in the face to those who have died from the flu. I'm sure people who have had close family members die of the flu wishes we would have shutdown the country in hope their loved one may have not died. There's risk in everything we do and we are free, supposedly, to make those decisions on our own. The fact so many are fine with this communist style takeover by every Governor is friggin frightening. Look if you want to give your freedom away go right ahead but don't complain bc I won't give mine away. Even people with underlying conditions should have the ability to choose whether they want to live in fear or live free. I'm not saying you can't hide or shutdown but the fact that leaders believe they have the right to take our rights and financially ruin millions is disturbing. I'd rather get the Wuhan Virus every d%mn year than to live like this. Sorry if that hurts someone's feelings but this is beyond ridiculous. The mortality rate is fractions of what they claimed, they keep dropping the "estimated" deaths by millions and hundreds of thousands every week now we hear that the CDC is recommending that assuming one died of the Covid-19 is good enough to mark it down in the death column. There are things that kill more Americans every year that we don't act like this so you have to ask yourself why this? People die, we don't stop the world bc people die. People die of diseases and virus in the tens of thousands every year and we don't blink an eye. As each day goes by we see numbers that suggest this isn't any worse than anything else and peddling in the "it's worse than the flu" agenda sows nothing but fear and hysteria. Go to Walmart of the grocery store and tell me people are listening. Drive through any neighborhood and tell me anyone is listening. A lot of people aren't doing nothing to keep the spread down and the numbers continue to fall and we continue to put people out of work. We may be the greatest civilization in the history of the world but we're d%mn sure the dumbest.

VERY WELL SAID

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2020, 11:16 PM

Ignorance X2.
Signed the ICU nurse who will have to take of you

Well, Opinions are Like A**holes. Everybody's Got One, and

Apr 8, 2020, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe I’m naive but I think this is because of the sacrifices we’ve made. ]

most of them are full of s**t. You're entitled to yours. Don't think for a minute it's any better than anyone else's though - including mine.

Apr 8, 2020, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe I’m naive but I think this is because of the sacrifices we’ve made. ]

We live in a society. You are a selfish individual.

Apr 8, 2020, 2:52 PM

User Logo
digimini
Walk-On [101]
TigerPulse: 63%
Posted: Apr 8, 2020 2:47 PM

We live in a society. You are a selfish individual.

WE LIVE IN A CAPITALIST SOCIETY. IT DOESNT WORK UNLESS WE ARE WORKING. FOR US AND THE FREELOADERS THAT DONT WORK.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2020, 3:03 PM

When this is over we are all going to wonder what the heck just happened. We shut down our entire government, closed down the majority of all of the small businesses, caused mass hysteria and the government handed out trillions of dollars that the government didn't have to hand out. Not only that but we will have allowed elected officials to basically mandate what we as free people can and cannot do. And for the most part they are all clueless idiots.

Apr 8, 2020, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe I’m naive but I think this is because of the sacrifices we’ve made. ]

You are the selfish one!

Apr 8, 2020, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe I’m naive but I think this is because of the sacrifices we’ve made. ]

I have to reply and say thank you for your brave post. Did you read what Dabo said in response to his being bashed over saying he does NOT live in fear and is believing God no matter what? This is exactly how I live yet we are demonized. I care about everyone involved including those losing their jobs,etc. I live in Virginia and the Governor ordered shutdown until one day after the Republican primaries are supposed to be held. Tell me I am NOT supposed to be infuriated over ruining the VA economy over his disgusting political agendas. "DON'T TREAD ON ME."

Apr 8, 2020, 11:18 PM

X3

Apr 8, 2020, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe I’m naive but I think this is because of the sacrifices we’ve made. ]

You sound like Influenza's lawyer .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Main *forecasting source used by Washington now says only 60,400 to die by Aug..

Apr 8, 2020, 2:36 PM

I knew all along their predictions were worst case scenario and we’d never even get close to it.

The thing that scares me moving forward is that governments now know they can shut entire economies down by exaggerating statistics and causing mass hysteria.

Re: Main *forecasting source used by Washington now says only 60,400 to die by Aug..

Apr 8, 2020, 11:19 PM

X4

Apr 8, 2020, 11:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Main *forecasting source used by Washington now says only 60,400 to die by Aug.. ]

you would have to be pretty dumb to believe that. Not a put down, just a statement of fact.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2020, 2:45 PM

A co-worker of mine told me last week that his wife’s uncle or grandpa (I can’t remember which) died of a heart attack and has has heart problems in the past. Anyway, they listed his death as Coronavirus. This was here in Greenville. He said they never even did a test on him to see if he even had the virus. So no matter what the numbers are, I’m still not gonna believe what they actually end up saying it is.

Apr 8, 2020, 2:58 PM

It's a fact that they have been doing this from the beginning.

Apr 8, 2020, 3:31 PM

I like you LBB but please post some positive things. We need all the good news we can get right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2020, 3:39 PM

Bill resides in that misty , gin infused ethereal plain that we all wish would surround us but are not fit enough to go and search for .
It's a haze for the end of daze , and brother bill is it's gatekeeper .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 8, 2020, 9:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Main *forecasting source used by Washington now says only 60,400 to die by Aug.. ]

Greenville has reported a total of 3 C19 deaths. I’m going to guess that if they were desperate enough to inflate the numbers by falsifying reports that the number would be much higher than 3.

Apr 8, 2020, 11:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Main *forecasting source used by Washington now says only 60,400 to die by Aug.. ]

X5

And so it goes

Apr 8, 2020, 3:54 PM

The two tales of this pandemic. We did a great job not killing nearly a million Americans in a month. Good job sacrificing folks. Sorry to those who don't understand computational modeling or medicine. It's never too late to learn!

Not so occasionally anymore, a thread such as this comes

Apr 8, 2020, 4:05 PM

Along that really:
1. Challenges just what does 'civilized' mean and
2. Reinforces humans are just another animal...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And so it goes

Apr 8, 2020, 11:52 PM [ in reply to And so it goes ]

Yes. Thank you. It’s about not breaking your healthcare system while trying to develop a vaccine. If we didn’t slow this down the healthcare system would be overrun and there would be no capacity to treat not only Covid-19 cases but strokes, heart attacks, cancer patients, domestic violence victims, car wreck victims, child abuse victims, the list goes on and on and I have seen them all. I would invite any of you to come walk in my shoes for a shift to gain some enlightenment instead of sitting around dreaming up conspiracies, it is true the flu claims thousands of lives every year. It would be far worse without a vaccine ( that many choose not to get). Hopefully we can keep this enough under control to buy the time we need to develop a vaccine and we can all resume our normal lives. I really never post on this board but honestly I’m tired and stressed and have had enough of the ignorance. Please feel free to thumbs down me or whatever it is you like to do on here. I have bigger things to worry about.

Apr 8, 2020, 4:52 PM

So since that total is about equal to how many die of the "regular" flu each year, does that mean 100,000 + will die from the "regular' and "china" flu(s) in future years?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's great.

Apr 8, 2020, 8:38 PM

Unless you're one of the 60 thousand.

Re: That's great.

Apr 8, 2020, 8:57 PM

The reality is that waaaaaay more than that die every year. It’s sad but a reality of life. Death didn’t start with covid 19.

That number can't possibly be right! We are near 15,000 dead

Apr 8, 2020, 9:03 PM

in the US right now! And that number has been doubling every five days or so. At the rate things are going now, we will hit 60,000 deaths by April 20th! If we have only 60,000 deaths by August, that will be a major victory!!

What I am hoping, is that any or all of these drugs they are

Apr 8, 2020, 10:05 PM

using can cure a large percentage of the people that get hospitalized. If that were to be the case, we can get on with it....

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic