Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Maybe Doc will get some pointers...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Maybe Doc will get some pointers...

Jun 30, 2019, 8:26 PM

from one or even both and play a practice round with Rory McIlroy and or Graeme McDowell at this years Open Championship at Royal Portrush Golf Club in Portrush,Northern Ireland(Rory and Graeme's home country)....https://twitter.com/ClemsonMGolf/status/1145476732696350720

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe Doc will get some pointers...

Jun 30, 2019, 8:29 PM

beautiful layout Royal Portrush Golf Club is...http://www.royalportrushgolfclub.com/

Jun 30, 2019, 8:57 PM

I've played Royal Port Rush and I think it is a beautiful course ....... never really saw it! On the way to the course we stopped on top of the mountain looking down on it. Absolutely gorgeous day with hardly a cloud in the sky. 20 minutes later on the first tee, we could only see far enough to hit our tee shot. A fog had rolled in off the ocean and all day we could never see further ahead than one shot. When we got to our tee shots you could barely see the flagstick on the green.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2019, 9:02 PM

I wish I could play it again now that they have eliminated 17 and 18, which were the only mediocre holes on the course. We got lucky and had better weather than you did.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2019, 9:25 PM

What did they do with 17 & 18? I don't really remember what they were like ...... Guess seeing them would have helped.

Jul 1, 2019, 5:35 AM

In preparation for the Open, they eliminated those two holes and added two from the adjacent course. Those two holes didn't fit with the rest of the course anyway. They were unchallenging and totally featureless other than the huge fairway bunker on the right side of 17.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2019, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe Doc will get some pointers... ]

Did you play Royal County Down ...... Maybe my favorite over there except for that dinky little pond on one of the last couple of holes!

Jul 1, 2019, 5:29 AM

We played it twice, and were fortunate to have good weather there also. That fescue rough was brutal, however.

Sort of the same thing happened to me at La Hinch.

Jun 30, 2019, 9:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe Doc will get some pointers... ]

Except it was foggy and rainy. We played four courses while there and La Hinch was the one I really wanted to play.
I played it, but honestly never saw a tee to green view all day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

You can see what you missed this week

Jul 1, 2019, 5:47 AM

The Irish Open is being played there, and you can watch it on tv.

Isn't the Scottish Open

Jun 30, 2019, 8:46 PM

typically played the weekend prior to The Open?

Guessing this win wouldn't also allow Doc the pleasure of playing in it . . . Many of our guys go and play the week befor to get acclimate . . .

Wish Doc had that opportunity too!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, it's the week before the Open.***

Jun 30, 2019, 8:58 PM

Re: Isn't the Scottish Open

Jun 30, 2019, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Isn't the Scottish Open ]

It’d be better for him to stay here and play the Deere. That’s what I’d advise him to do.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2019, 9:10 PM

Agree about him playing in the John Deere Classic.I was thinking about the practice rounds on the Monday,Tuesday and Wednesday during the Open Championship week.

Jun 30, 2019, 9:21 PM

Definitely agree about practice rounds with Graeme and Rory.... good experience too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2019, 9:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Isn't the Scottish Open ]

The Deere charters a plane to give the players who have qualified for the Open a free ride over there at the conclusion of the Deere. Doc faces some interesting decisions about his schedule. He's young, but he could be one very tired young man by the end of the Open.

Or Michael Hoey, if he qualified this year

Jun 30, 2019, 8:56 PM

Hoey played at Clemson. I can give Doc one pointer. Don't pay any attention to those white rocks that sit on top of the dunes on the dogleg holes. I thought they were directional markers. If you're looking for the narrowest part of the fairway where your ball will run through into the rough they do a great job of that. It took me about three times to realize that, which shows how dumb I am. Somehow, I think Doc will figure it out sooner than I did.

Re: Or Michael Hoey, if he qualified this year

Jun 30, 2019, 9:35 PM

At Lahinch the white rocks on the "mountain" are where you ar supposed to hit your ball over the mountain. Best just to listen to your caddie, unless they are about 14 years old like ours were (at Ballybunion), and we're skipping school to earn some $. My caddie was named Declan Williams, and after the round he sat at a table having a coke and talking with Robert Trent Jones, the designer of the new course at Ballybunion. Funny conversation .... To say the least.

Re: Or Michael Hoey, if he qualified this year

Jul 1, 2019, 5:44 AM

You guys hit all the high spots over there. We didn't get to the southwest, but we also played Portmarnock (big disappointment) and The European Club which is magnificent.

Jun 30, 2019, 11:37 PM

Yes - that would be good for Doc - HORRY !! -:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic