Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Maybe Coming to Your Neighborhood Soon and ........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Maybe Coming to Your Neighborhood Soon and ........

Mar 26, 2018, 12:21 PM

at a rate faster than a speeding bullet. No, it's not Superman. It's "Tiangong-1:, the 8.5 tom Chinese satellite that can't defy gravity and is speeding toward earth seeking a landing spot. The odds of it hitting you or me are extremely high but so are the odds of my winning the lottery. It's due to land within the next week or ten days. The problem is that the Chinese have no means to control the orbit for descent so there is no way to predict with any high degree of accuracy the exact landing spot.

If it enters the atmosphere at night, there should be a spactacular fireworks show if you are in the right spot but, there will no doubt be some parts that do not burn up and will at land at some currently unknown spot. Most scientists familiar with these sorts of things believe the remnants of the sattelite will fall in one of the oceans, If any of thse fragments land near you, don't pick them up immediately because they will be hot

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

article and map

Mar 26, 2018, 12:26 PM

predicting the likely crash spots for it. Obviously it is just guess work, but take it for what its worth

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/china-s-space-station-falling-earth-here-s-everything-you-ncna859806

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Made in China...

Mar 26, 2018, 12:53 PM

... nuff said.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Odds may theoretically be low, but there's way it will NOT

Mar 26, 2018, 1:12 PM

land in America right next to all the other wonderful things from there: Snakehead fish, Bradford pear ####### trees, Kudzu, Chinese Tallows, Brown Marmorated Stink Bugs, Asian carp, emerald ash borers, Asian citrus psyllids, and others: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chinese_spy_cases_in_the_United_States

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We had our own a few years back. Remember Skylab?

Mar 26, 2018, 1:45 PM

Hope it falls in some uninhabited land, or preferably ocean, area.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's my favorite Bond movie.***

Mar 26, 2018, 4:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe Coming to Your Neighborhood Soon and ........

Mar 26, 2018, 3:35 PM

With earth being about 70% water, there is a good chance that it will be a big splash down. Hopefully we can capture some of there top secret recording from said satellite if it splashes down closer to the USA waters. We can always say that we didn't listen to any recordings if any!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2018, 3:38 PM

Are they going to issue oven mitts ;just in case?

Mar 27, 2018, 9:02 PM

Nope, it will be BYO if you spot it!!!:)

Mar 26, 2018, 4:03 PM

Perfect landing spot would be Willy Brice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Izzat like

Mar 26, 2018, 6:32 PM

"Smoking a Roach???"

Maybe it'll land on Kim Jong-un

Mar 26, 2018, 6:40 PM

high hopes, I know.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, or Trump***

Mar 27, 2018, 7:08 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He'll be wishing he was still cover in Stormy Daniels...

Mar 27, 2018, 7:15 PM

...b00bs. That would deflect it and keep him safe.

Re: Yeah, or Trump***

Mar 27, 2018, 7:17 PM [ in reply to Yeah, or Trump*** ]

Or you, dumb@$$

It's going to hit a Walmart.....

Mar 26, 2018, 6:46 PM

Best guesstimate.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They'll put it on sale....

Mar 27, 2018, 12:08 PM

and odds are, my wife will be there to buy it, since she's in there at least once a day, seems like.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell her she bought this satellite. When you pick yourself

Mar 27, 2018, 4:53 PM

Tell me how it went. ????????

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2018, 7:04 PM

You are 1 million times more likely to win the Powerball jackpot than you are to be harmed by debris from Tiangong-1.

FYI this "space station" is roughly 1/10 the weight of Skylab, which also fell to Earth in an uncontrolled descent. It's ~1/50 the weight of the International Space Station.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It won't hit me and kill me....

Mar 27, 2018, 7:12 PM

Those who know me aren't that lucky.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic