Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
As with Stoudt/Watson, I'm sure KB will start until TL goes off in real game action.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,055

As with Stoudt/Watson, I'm sure KB will start until TL goes off in real game action.

Apr 14, 2018, 7:49 PM

Game pressure, although simulated better in our practices than anywhere else in the ????, is still another animal altogether.

I, for one, think TL leads us to the NCG this year. Just a matter of when the QB transition happens.

GO TIGERS.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Maybe

Apr 14, 2018, 7:53 PM

Maybe not

Co-offensive coordinator Tony Elliott scoffed at those who think the starter will be chosen because of seniority or loyalty to an older player, saying the players in the locker room want the best player to play. He also said not too much can be taken away from one scrimmage.

Read more: https://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Swinney-not-ready-to-name-leader-on-QB-depth-chart-sees-battle-going-into-fall-camp-16832#ixzz5Ch2bJYuY

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He said it is much more than seniority and talent etc etc.

Apr 14, 2018, 7:57 PM

That's all.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He said it is much more than seniority and talent etc etc.

Apr 14, 2018, 8:04 PM

The OP said KB would start until......
I said maybe/maybe not

Based on what Elliot said we know nothing at this point other than KB is not the clear cut starter as is assumed by many. My personal opinion is that TL is the best but what do I know? I’m not at the practices and I’m certainly not in the locker room. I trust our coaches.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe

Apr 14, 2018, 7:59 PM [ in reply to Maybe ]

I certainly agree with the "one scrimmage" comment - it's a moment in time that's not necessarily reflective of the "process" or the pressure of another opponent.

I'm interested to see how much of the rehearsed offensive playbook this season is being built around KB's legs - if the offense is being designed around QB mobility, it stands to reason that KB may emerge as the best chance to win...

What a good problem to have for Scott and Elliot!! Choose between a lethal running threat and the best QB prospect in the nation and, oh yeah, a couple other guys who can absolutely sling it as well.

Message was edited by: bdrechs®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Apr 14, 2018, 8:32 PM

If what you are suggesting is that the QB position should be decided on who is the best runner, then maybe we should go to the single-wing formation. NOT.

KB is a good runner and average passer. There are at least two better.....much better....passers on the team than him. And both can run pretty ### good.

Apr 14, 2018, 9:45 PM

I'm not AT ALL saying the QB decision should be made on who the best runner is, but I'm postulating that the best runner would be favored in an offensive scheme built for QB mobility. I wonder how much playcalling will be zone read and/or designed run precisely because it's KB's strength. Fascinating question to me, that's all.

GO TIGERS

Exactly. I think people are too concered with game 1,...

Apr 14, 2018, 7:55 PM

or 2, or 3. I see it how you do.

Do not worry, TL will go off big in real game action

Apr 14, 2018, 7:59 PM

if given an opportunity. Then what?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then he starts, if he wasn't already.*****

Apr 14, 2018, 8:02 PM

Re: As with Stoudt/Watson, I'm sure KB will start until TL goes off in real game action.

Apr 14, 2018, 8:11 PM

You think Swinney will make that mistake again? One of his strengths, I think, is that he doesn't repeat his mistakes, and Stoudt over Watson was a mistake that seemed to make sense at the time. I think the best guy starts first game and will have to battle to stay there all season.

Re: As with Stoudt/Watson, I'm sure KB will start until TL goes off in real game action.

Apr 14, 2018, 9:50 PM

I wonder if the coaching staff views it as a "mistake" at all? Seems like they have consistently communicated their desire to play the "best chance to win" at QB. At the time, respectfully, I have no reason to believe they weren't doing just that. It's only in hindsight that has seen DW work absolute sorcery on a football field that one would jump to retroactively labeling former decisions as mistakes. Missed opportunities for sure, but I trust the staff enough to believe they were neither oblivious nor subversive in their decisions then or now. They're friggin winners.

GO TIGERS.

GO TIGERS

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,055
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic