Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NCAA weighing recruiting changes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,128

NCAA weighing recruiting changes

Dec 22, 2012, 7:24 AM

Updated: December 21, 2012, 7:12 PM ET Associated Press
http://espn.go.com/espn/print?id=8770824&type=story

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They certainly should revisit the rules regarding contract

Dec 22, 2012, 7:36 AM

signing whereby football recruits would be allowed to sign after their H.S. junior year rather than having to wait until signing day. Then, once signed, other schools would have to adopt a "hands off" approach, thus taking the signee off the market.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Match system

Dec 22, 2012, 8:08 AM

I wonder if they could switch to a match type system like medical students use for getting a residency. Basically the student ranks their top three or top five choices and then the school ranks their prospects as well and a computer system matches each student based on those choices. This would eliminate verbal commitments and maybe eliminate some of the corruption with recruiting.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Match system

Dec 22, 2012, 8:39 AM

Mmmm...I dunno, man. Still seems kinda like making a kid go to a school that he doesnt really want to go to. What if some kid decides that he wants to go to Clemson and only Clemson, but the computer doesn't see him as a match? Ya know what I am trying to say?

I personally would like to see and earlier signing period for all recruits. Say, December or something and also another rule to an extent that if a kid verbally committs, other universities must not contact that athlete unil or if he decides to decommit.

Pipe dreams for me though. This hussle and bussle of the Feb signing periods just brings in too much money.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: Match system

Dec 22, 2012, 11:16 AM

My solution for that would be to allow a recruit to put one school and only one school if they desire. Then if the school he chooses doesn't rank him high enough he would have to find a school to sign with after the match period. Also a recruit could elect not to match and then wait until after to sign with a school.

Do you really and truly think that's a good way to do it?

Dec 22, 2012, 11:25 AM

Sounds ridiculous.

Re: NCAA weighing recruiting changes

Dec 23, 2012, 4:44 PM

Yeah so now Saban can just call all of his recruits every day and talk on the phone for 5 hours. Just what we need, LESS restrictions.

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,128
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic