Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Masters
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Masters

Mar 17, 2020, 4:14 PM

Looks like we will get to watch Clemson football on an October Saturday and the Masters final on Sunday. The Metro Spirit is reporting the Augusta National is planning for mid October with the local school districts extending their fall breaks to accommodate.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A better plan would be for them to "buy" the Aug 6-9

Mar 17, 2020, 4:23 PM

dates from The Wyndham Championship, since that is a relatively minor Tour event, anyway.

That would be 3 weeks after The Open Championship, and 3 weeks before The Tour Championship.

But, if it is a choice between an October Masters, and no Masters, then Viva La October!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A better plan would be for them to "buy" the Aug 6-9

Mar 17, 2020, 4:36 PM

Masters cannot be played in August. The course is closed. The ryegrass dies in the summer heat.

ANGC Grass Cultivars

Mar 17, 2020, 7:47 PM

TEES: Overseeded Perennial Ryegrass

FAIRWAYS: Overseeded Perennial Ryegrass

SECOND CUT: Overseeded Perennial Ryegrass

GREENS: Penn-A1 Bentgrass

Nice Read on their practices:

https://nolayingup.com/2018/04/06/masters-agronomic-summary/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m from the CSRA originally. Playing in early August wood be like...

Mar 17, 2020, 10:40 PM [ in reply to A better plan would be for them to "buy" the Aug 6-9 ]

Playing in a sauna.

There is no way in Hades that wood work. Early October weather would be close to early April temperatures, more than likely.

~JKB

Re: Masters

Mar 17, 2020, 4:46 PM

I’ve never been to the Masters and had a friend offer me 2 Saturday tickets this year. I hate this virus.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2020, 10:01 PM

I'm in Augusta and the National has shut down. Many here don't believe it will be in Oct. Too many reasons to mention.

Mar 18, 2020, 8:33 AM

I am in Augusta too! Stay healthy neighbor. Pencil in October 5 - October 10. A couple of breadcrumbs that I followed yesterday. The Metro Spirit reported on Monday an October tournament. The Metro Spirit would not publish that if they did not have insider information. The LPGA golfer tweeted out that her reservation from the Oct 6-8 was cancelled out from under her with a “prior obligation” explanation. I looked online yesterday for those dates, and the nicer hotels are getting booked with expensive rates or are sold out. The dates make sense when you look at the Columbia County school calendar. Would not take much to extend the short, already in place fall break. These breadcrumbs could all be false but, I do know one thing. The AGNC will hold the tournament if they want to. There are no obstacles too tough for that organization to overcome.

Mar 18, 2020, 8:58 AM

Correction ANGC

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic